The Main Event: A True "Astonishment"

Jan 13, 2008
Isn't it funny how he's never been on time, even though he sets his own times?
Well, real life tends to be unpredictable...and should always take precedent over an online forum. Seems kind of expected to me, anyway. o_O

I understand, and definitely don't mind the wait. :)

Nov 10, 2007
Virginia
A lot of you have been waiting patiently for the next contest details. I have been promising different times that I would finally post the details. I am sorry to whoever I have inconvenienced and made wait, but I am going to post the next contest details now...

The following people are still in the competition (in no particular order):

jtmorris, cm763, Close-Up Expert, V. and Davey G

The next part of the contest will eliminate 2 people, obviously, leaving 3 participants left in the running for Paul Harris' True Astonishment DVD set.

I would like all of you to -> Private Message <- me two or three paragraphs on your favorite deck of cards. From Bicycle Eco-Editions to Propagandas, just write a couple sentences on why they are your favorite. It could be about the designs on the cards or the way the cards feel.

I will read the essays and post the people who have made it through Tuesday August 11th at 5:00 PM EST. Make sure you send your responses in by Tuesday August 11th by 12:00 PM EST.

Good luck and have fun!

Jan 13, 2008
A lot of you have been waiting patiently for the next contest details. I have been promising different times that I would finally post the details. I am sorry to whoever I have inconvenienced and made wait, but I am going to post the next contest details now...

The next part of the contest will eliminate 2 people, obviously, leaving 3 participants left in the running for Paul Harris' True Astonishment DVD set.

I would like all of you to -> Private Message <- me two or three paragraphs on your favorite deck of cards. From Bicycle Eco-Editions to Propagandas, just write a couple sentences on why they are your favorite. It could be about the designs on the cards or the way the cards feel.

I will read the essays and post the people who have made it through Tuesday August 11th at 5:00 PM EST. Make sure you send your responses in by Tuesday August 11th by 12:00 PM EST.

Good luck and have fun!
Hmm...this one's going to take some thought. There are so many good ones to choose from! I think I already know which are my favourite, though. I'll definitely send it in by Tuesday.

Thanks again. :)

May 31, 2008

Good luck and have fun!

Alright, thanks for posting! Once again, it is not big deal that you were late. We are all very thankful for what you are doing. Thank you!

Nov 10, 2007
Virginia
It is now time to reveal the final 3 contestants in the True Astonishment's competition. After thoroughly reading your essays over and over again, I have came to a conclusion...

The following are the final three participants in no particular order:

Close-Up Expert, cm763 and Davey G

Thank you jtmorris and V. for trying your hardest, I really enjoyed reading your submissions.

For those 3 people who have made it this far, I congratulate you. The contest details for you 3 will be revealed either tonight at 8:00 PM EST or tomorrow around 3 PM EST. Remember... you don't have to be there at that exact time.

Good luck!

P.S - Everybody make sure to subscribe and check out www.youtube.com/isthisyourcard232 for weekly contests!

Jan 13, 2008
Awesome! Thanks for the opportunity, it's definitely fun. I normally don't put much thought into the things you've been asking about, so it's nice to stop and consider them (such as my favourite deck of cards...I really haven't thought about it before now, heh). :)

And congrats all around. :)

Jan 13, 2008
With my summer course ending, the new school year approaching, and the Daniel Garcia lecture taking place a few days ago, I'm actually pretty glad there hasn't been an update recently, heh. There's been so much going on, I'm not sure I would have had time to participate.

But, now that everything's settled down a bit, I'm good to go. What's up next? ;)

May 31, 2008
With my summer course ending, the new school year approaching, and the Daniel Garcia lecture taking place a few days ago, I'm actually pretty glad there hasn't been an update recently, heh. There's been so much going on, I'm not sure I would have had time to participate.

But, now that everything's settled down a bit, I'm good to go. What's up next? ;)

Once again, I couldn't care less if you're not on time, you don't have to do this, so I am beyond willing to work with your schedule.

However, I start school tomorrow, so I would appreciate if you would give longer deadlines. Thanks!

May 31, 2008
Is it just me or did this entire thread just die out in the home stretch?

Did someone actually win this? Is this Doctor Magic guy a joke or fraud?

What was the outcome?

Someone catch me up on this please.

cm763, the Close-Up Expert, and I are waiting for the details about the next phase of the contest.

Jan 13, 2008
cm763, the Close-Up Expert, and I are waiting for the details about the next phase of the contest.
Indeed, this about sums it up. Just patiently waiting (and getting ready for university--starts up again on Thursday). :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results