The Virts and Anaconda...

Aug 28, 2009
[R.C];256891 said:
They haven't posted anything on the site.
And it says it could be 24 hours until we get our download link. Just great.

I love how their excuse for the late release was to optimize customer service. :D

Now what's their excuse?

Aug 28, 2009
when PaulyD initially made his claim about their poor customer service, but now I'm really doubting their customer service. I haven't seen any responses at wld2009.com......

Like I said, I too have worked as a CSR, and know the drill. I've dealt with the customers that try to squeeze blood from a stone, and I've dealt with ones who feel legitimately betrayed. I'm not the blood squeezer - I have too much sympathy for a CSR that tries to do his job. We exchanged a good number of e-mails and it became evident that they were stalling and didn't really care, I decided everyone else should know. Unfortunately it was after they already sold out the DVD....I guess I was even too nice.

Sep 1, 2007
They just aren't to bright... Like Sinful said, maybe i'll wait till the 5th or 6th release.. hopefully they will have all of their problems fixed by then, and I don't plan on paying (idk really how much) but I think I saw around $30-$40 for each DVD? No thanks for only 2 or 3 moves. You can learn the eye cut from the youtube video, and all you need for an anaconda is to know how to dribble and then practice? idk seems weird to me. But if they lower the price about $20 each then MAYBE i'd be interested lol.

Good luck too those who purchased, seems like hell just to get 2 downloads :/

Jun 24, 2008
Harrisonburg, VA
I sent an email to Huron asking why he waited until Today to let us know there has been issues processing our orders for the downloads. This was his reply.

Hi Chris.

I waited until today as I've been spending every day doing my best to
solve the CVV2 problem, especially since the web programmer who I
obtained the script from for the streamlined check out customization
just dropped customer support, leaving me stranded to solve this on my
own.

I hope you understand. Thanks Chris.

Huron

Nov 30, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
I sent an email to Huron asking why he waited until Today to let us know there has been issues processing our orders for the downloads. This was his reply.

Hi Chris.

I waited until today as I've been spending every day doing my best to
solve the CVV2 problem, especially since the web programmer who I
obtained the script from for the streamlined check out customization
just dropped customer support, leaving me stranded to solve this on my
own.

I hope you understand. Thanks Chris.

Huron

WOW.
Solve the CVV2 Problem? It is ILLEGAL to store CVV2s. Right after the order goes through its deleted. How did he expect to "solve" it?
I respect The Virts and Bone as flourishers, but they can't play businessman to save their lives.

Jun 24, 2008
Harrisonburg, VA
I found it rather interesting myself. I don't see how that explains much of anything. If they didn't have a reputation already, I would assume they're a group of con artist.

I have stuck up for them, but this is just ridiculous!

If they thought that they couldn't send out the downloads today, then why tell us that they are coming out today?

It can't be that hard to email out a few download links!

Simon_Magic

May 3, 2008
If they can't even ship out the download links, I HIGHLY doubt that they're going to ship the DVD. This is starting to tick me off. Really. They make us wait for weeks after we already paid because they didn't tell us it hadn't officially been released yet, and now on the OFFICIAL release day the DVD's aren't shipping and nobody's even getting their downloads. The description of the INSTANT download was a bit misleading. Now, because of glitches, we STILL don't get to watch it.

Nov 30, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
On WLD09 Huron posted that they had some last mibnute changes and refilming of the Eye Cut, and should be up within an hour or two. I emailed him asking about whether or not the anaconda will be able to be downloaded, and here is his response:

" Hey! We had some upload issues today but it's all uploading as we speak. =) "

Jun 8, 2008
I don't really care about the money. And I don't care if there is something late.

But when you have a product and you give it as much hype as the Anaconda DVD you better make dame sure it gets released right.

Man I haven't even gotten an email saying that there is problems.

I buy A LOT of stuff online and this is the worst service I've ever had.

I guess I'll be happy when of if my Anaconda will reach my door.

Nov 30, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
According to Huron, the service they use to allow us to download these, Amazon S3, is running slow.
This to me just seems like another example of how unprepared they are. Why wait until THE DAY OF to upload the items? They've had plenty of time to upload both things. They could have just sent us a link today.

And I'm sure, if you were to ask Huron, he'd say something about how they had to refilm almost the whole eye cut, because they were inspired or some bull. I'll say exactly what I said at wld. For them to preach and boast about production quality, time, and effort, but then quickly refilm it at the last minute? That doesn't make any sense to me.

And even if that is the reason, they could have uploaded and/or sent out the anaconda download links long ago to help ease customers just a little bit.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
[R.C];256919 said:
I respect The Virts and Bone as flourishers, but they can't play businessman to save their lives.

Agreed. Stick to the flourishing, and if you wanna hype stuff, at least deliver -_-"

This whole thing has been a hilarious fail.

And to the OP, I completely agree that you deserved a lot better on a lot of accounts. Too many people simply just missed to point and/or didn't bother to read your post carefully enough.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results