What if?

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
You never said we were performing magic though. :D

What if your cards actually did wet themselves?

Oh you. You knew what i meant. lol
If my cards wet themselves? It really wouldnt be a problem for me as I usually have 3 other preffered effects ahead of my card tricks.
But if they wet themselves...I have very very dirty cards...

Dec 30, 2008
I would just play it off as a trick itself! If your cards start leaking, how cool would that be?!

Oct 12, 2009
Navarre, Florida
You could secretly do a deck switch then hold it over your crotch, say you have very absorbent pants, actually pee your pants, then it'd be like a transfer of wetness.

At this point if you are Visual you would reach into your pants, and the pants would slowly dry then you'd pull out their card trapped in an pee-ice block. Then throw it at them and yell "team-Jacob suckassssss!".

That'd be dope.

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
You could secretly do a deck switch then hold it over your crotch, say you have very absorbent pants, actually pee your pants, then it'd be like a transfer of wetness.

At this point if you are Visual you would reach into your pants, and the pants would slowly dry then you'd pull out their card trapped in an pee-ice block. Then throw it at them and yell "team-Jacob suckassssss!".

That'd be dope.

I advise against doing any of this. Turns out cops and old ladies dont like it. And the judge turns out to be team edward. That SOB.

So who's got the next "what if.."?

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
What if (insert gimmick name here) falls to the floor and everyone sees it?

Mmm my only real gimmicks I use that can fall are thumb tips and loops. If my loop fell no one can see it so whatevs to that.
If my thumb tip fell id play it off as a comedy bit and act if it was on purpose.
Id say "woah a human thumb!" and kick it away and continue with the performance a different way or switch off tricks.

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
If my tt fell out of my pocket (with the silk sticking out), I'd just laugh and pretend I did it on purpose to 'tip' the secret.

What if you showed up to your gig and you left your gear at home, and there wasn't enough time to go home to get it? (This happened to me last Wednesday!)

wZEnigma

Elite Member
Jun 17, 2009
NE Ohio.
ianchandlerwriting.com
If my tt fell out of my pocket (with the silk sticking out), I'd just laugh and pretend I did it on purpose to 'tip' the secret.

What if you showed up to your gig and you left your gear at home, and there wasn't enough time to go home to get it? (This happened to me last Wednesday!)

Disjointed.

What if you lost everything magic?

Ian

Well, I always have billets in my wallet and a swami of some sort. Easy peezy, wrap up the prediction in a piece of paper and slip in the ol' thumb, so it adds a bit more to it.

If not that then the thumb removal trick always gets a good laugh.

What if you had a choice, to either continue as you are right now, or restart yourself with the knowledge you have? You can't do a decent double lift, no clipshifting anymore but you have the knowledge and the ability to grow.

I would restart in a second

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
Well, I always have billets in my wallet and a swami of some sort. Easy peezy, wrap up the prediction in a piece of paper and slip in the ol' thumb, so it adds a bit more to it.

If not that then the thumb removal trick always gets a good laugh.

What if you had a choice, to either continue as you are right now, or restart yourself with the knowledge you have? You can't do a decent double lift, no clipshifting anymore but you have the knowledge and the ability to grow.

I would restart in a second

The thing that I would really really like is to have started to practice magic much earlier in my life. If I could go back in time I would defintely do it.

But about your question, yes I would do it witouth thinking. :p

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
What if you get most of the way through the trick, then realise that you don't have the gimmick?
I'm talking too far through the trick to pass it off as a joke without it looking amazingly crap :p

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
What if you get most of the way through the trick, then realise that you don't have the gimmick?
I'm talking too far through the trick to pass it off as a joke without it looking amazingly crap :p

Jesss....this ones is tough...but it really depends on what kind of trick you are doing.

with a thumb tip, just tenkai or palm the switched item
with a doble backed card....maybe lick it so 2 stick as one
with any reveal gimmick (tagged, distortion, window) maybe just do an awesome colour change that is impromptu
with a prophet gimmick maybe just ask the spectator to take one bill and do a bill switch
with a loop or the tarantula...maybe just pray that god help you!!!

what if....an spectator offers you 200 bucks to reveal the cardini change or the clipshift or a trick that is above average?
let the avarice consumes you muahahahaha i´m kidding, I wanna hear an honest answer

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm... 200 bucks. I really wouldn't know unless I was actually there, giving it some thought kind of makes it tough to deal with.

Figuring I can't do a cardini change, I'll go with the classic color change. I'd take his money, go buy the erdnase book and take the change. Though I honestly don't know what I would do.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results