11/11/11 - A Signature Event at theory11

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
In three weeks from today, check your calendar. The date will read 11/11/11. Then, check your clocks. When the time reaches those same numbers, we'll announce what will be our signature event for the holiday season.

The unveiling of a new playing card design - the only design we will unveil in 2011 that contains completely original, breathtaking art that we've been hard at work on since February. It is now complete, and it is now ready. The deck was shown tonight to David Copperfield, Chris Kenner, Homer Liwag, Dan White, Andrei Jikh, and a select few other artists. We're excited to finally share it with you. Nothing compares to it. Nothing even comes close.

That's not all we have prepared for 11/11/11. But for now, I'll leave the rest a mystery. Cerca Trova.

Dec 18, 2007
Northampton, MA - USA
Just remember "11:11" is the name of a huge New Age cult group ;-)

FYI Links
http://1111spiritguardians.com/
http://www.crystalinks.com/11.11.html
http://www.sacredpursuit.org/gpage32.html

Bear in mind, these people claim that "angels" pick them up and toss them through the air so they can learn to fly. . . many even claim that they are sprouting angel wings. . . and obviously, none of them have ever studied the theological and cosmological reality as to what angels are/aren't and that being tossed around is more akin to what demons would do. Another thing I'll point out is that many of the rituals used by this group come directly from Necromantic based occult rites -- ubber dark stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 20, 2010
Will these be a returning signature product (like the sentinels) or are they a one-off production?

ATH

May 1, 2010
Nothing compares to it. Nothing even comes close.

Isn't that what you said about every deck you've ever put out? I guess you should cease production of all your other decks because obviously these will be so magical that we will never need anything else. But probably not. There will be another, better, more hyped up deck coming after this, and you will make more after that, because people buy them for some reason. :/

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Isn't that what you said about every deck you've ever put out? I guess you should cease production of all your other decks because obviously these will be so magical that we will never need anything else. But probably not. There will be another, better, more hyped up deck coming after this, and you will make more after that, because people buy them for some reason. :/

Austin,

With each deck we put out, we strive to push the envelope further than ever before. We can't keep doing the same thing and expect to advance the art form in the process. We have to keep pushing ourselves and make sure the newest release takes that one step forward we strive to achieve. In my honest opinion, the new deck takes more than one step forward; the highest quality we've ever produced by far. We can't wait to share this with you and everyone else in November. You guys are going to love it.

-Casey

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Isn't that what you said about every deck you've ever put out?

This one isn't just a step forward - it's a mile down the road. We've really taken our time with it to ensure this design takes the cake as the reigning king of cards. Once you see it, and once you feel it, I'm very confident you'll agree. It's breathtaking: so detailed, precise, and absolutely unique.

Aug 2, 2008
Cincinnati
I know things tend to get hyped here when they come out with something new, but I fully believe that they deserve the hyping, in my opinion. That said, I feel strongly that this new deck will be, in the words of Bill and Ted, most excellent!

Jun 6, 2010
Nashville, TN
I think this new deck is gonna be awesome. Like all theory11 decks, it'll look great, feel great, and just be a quality product. But I was kind of hoping for something a little bigger for 11/11/11 than just a deck of cards. But it's whatever.

danwhite

theory11 artist
Sep 1, 2007
I finally got to see these last night, and I can honestly say (no exaggeration) that these are the sexiest cards I have ever seen. These really push the envelope on how cards are designed and manufactured.

dw

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results