11/11/11 - A Signature Event at theory11

trideag

Elite Member
May 27, 2010
Early Xmas?

There's hype out there but when T11 sez something is new, unique and/or like something you've never seen.... they've never been off. I actually stopped buying from most other sites. Compared to T11 the others out there are not as professional, nor as accurate in what they claim and customer service is atrocious. The T11 team of creators and magicians alone, forget the products, tells you that there is no equal. Just my opinion. Sentinels are my top favorite cards in my collection of 100's of cards. I'm so excited about what these will be. There's been a lapse in great new decks as of late - so I'm amped!

Dec 20, 2007
Name one deck that truly lived up to threory11's hype. At best all the decks they have come out with is mediocre, none which are truly great, design wise.

of course this is just my opinion

S.G

Feb 9, 2010
Name one deck that truly lived up to threory11's hype. At best all the decks they have come out with is mediocre, none which are truly great, design wise.

of course this is just my opinion

While it is perfectly all right to state you opinion, couldn't you have used a bit more tact? You are on their website trashing their products.

With that, what do you consider a truly great deck?

Jul 2, 2011
Californiaaa
Hey now, lets not do this.

Agreed. Any slander in this thread about another company won't be tolerated. We like to keep discussion civil and respectful on every topic posted. Thanks to everyone for understanding.

I apologize for my earlier comment, which I understand is quite disrespectful toward a certain company.
My original intent was to challenge kitsunee's concept of mediocrity, and his opinion on Theory11 decks.
Although now that I type this comment, I realize that such an action could not have ended well anyway...
I again apologize to anyone I've offended, I thank the persons who made me have second thoughts about what I had said, and I assure everyone that this will not happen again.

So, who's excited for November 11th?

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
I apologize for my earlier comment, which I understand is quite disrespectful toward a certain company.
My original intent was to challenge kitsunee's concept of mediocrity, and his opinion on Theory11 decks.
Although now that I type this comment, I realize that such an action could not have ended well anyway...
I again apologize to anyone I've offended, I thank the persons who made me have second thoughts about what I had said, and I assure everyone that this will not happen again.

So, who's excited for November 11th?

Meeeeeeeee (8 extra unnecessary Es to fit the word count but typing this already surpasses the minimum so I have no idea why I keep talking) :)

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City

While entitled to your opinion, I'm proud of the incredible designs our team has worked on thus far in collaboration with some of the most prestigious designers and illustrators in the world. Sentinels were even featured in the Minnesota Gallery of Art and labeled by Luxist as "the world's finest playing cards." With 20 areas of embossing and metallic foil accents, I think Sentinels were a first and still stand in a league of their own. Often imitated, never duplicated.

Monarch's raise the bar even higher. We spared no expense in design or manufacture. That's not a fact you'll have to take our word for - you'll see it, and you'll feel it as soon as you get them in your hands. You can feel the difference on the tuck case, the cards - they're absolutely incredible. The design is simple yet elegant, delicate - and oozes a luxury vibe that I simply haven't seen on any other deck. Not like this.

The design has been kept a closely guarded secret as we fleshed out the details over the past several months. The process started in February. This past week was the first time some of our own crew saw it! Within this forum thread are many clues and hints at the design that you can piece together.

Cerca Trova. Keep your eyes open.

Dec 20, 2007
I never trashed their products, i just said their decks are only mediocre in my personal opinion and do not live up to their hype, but that's just business. Jonathan Bayme's response is what i expected it to be, if he couldn't take in what i said without losing control then he does not deserve to run a company. Of course on forums it is much easier, i don't know him personally and since human beings in general are pieces of ****, I'm sure when he read my comment he thought "what a ******".

(Edited by CaseyRudd due to offensive slander and language)

Andrei

Elite Member
Sep 2, 2007
Las Vegas
www.youtube.com
Although it's difficult for me to say this because many of our decks are sentimental to me (for many reasons), Monarchs are in a league of their own. When JB was comparing these to the Aristocrats, he placed them side by side, looked at both for a moment and said, "Monarchs make these look like a toy." We proceeded to compare them to a few other decks from across the industry, it was a night and day difference.

It's not a subjective thing - it's an objective, black and white difference (although the new deck is not black!). That should give you an idea of how sexy these cards are. I've never seen or felt anything like the Monarchs - and that's half the story.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 30, 2011
Tampa,Florida
Hey Jb
I ordered a couple of decks i think back in march and i asked the guy over the phone if your going to get centurions and propagandas back in stock soon he said that they are being redesigned,is that true? or did you incorporate the design into the monarchs?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results