Epic Fails in Magic

Nov 14, 2007
Mexico City
...During Cookie Cutter, people decided to be *******s and turn the oreo with the blade over (if you buy the trick, you'll understand).. Still went well though :p

I have that performance on video on youtube :p

Msg me if you want the link. :D

Watch it again, for it appears ye missed the part on how to do it even under those circumstances and also the part of "if ye're unsure, DON'T DO IT". They are sharp razorblades after all.

James Wise Magic

Elite Member
Dec 28, 2007
One time I was performing Angle Zero and someone messed up my set up for the trick and I made the corner vanish to appear no where. lol

Sean.Cinco

Elite Member
Sep 2, 2007
Orlando, FL
www.seancinco.com
I set aside a prediction card for Phil Goldstein's Abacus routine. For those who know how the trick works, you'll know the whole deck is stacked. Just as I was about to go into a false shuffle, I dropped the cards. That same night, my loop broke in the middle of a haunted pack routine.

Dec 16, 2008
The tarantula !
I got caught but they didn't see the string. They said I used "technology" to control somehow. :mad:

Jul 21, 2008
Ohio
I was performing French Kiss from Art of Magic, and I forgot sign the duplicate before the trick. So I 'picked a card, signed it, put it in my hand, then she opens her hand, and has my card, but wait. The signature has vanished! And now I have your card.' That was my patter. I had to think of something. I thought I was screwed, but it actually hit harder. She really thought that her signature disappeared.

May 18, 2008
I was doing a routine for some guys on the bus, got the card to come up to the top, and then before turning it over, the wind grabbed the card, hit the guy in the eye with it and it flew out the window.

That REALLY happened. Not a joke.

My buddy Matt was doing a routine with a new deck after doing some false shuffles with it (so it is in order still) and he has someone choose a card. He cuts the deck, person sticks it back in.

Now, he was going to find it and produce it in a cool way because it would have been the only one out of order. But the guy had stuck it back in the same place he took it from somehow!

What are the odds? :p

I was at a birthday party, and decided to do sinful. It was hot and very very humid outside, and every inch of my body was covered in sweat. I said you can hear the coin in the can? as It flew out of my sweaty grip.....

Sep 1, 2007
Belgrade, Serbia
I did John Guastaferro's Black Hole routine, and at the end, where all 4 Jacks vanish, well... Only two of them vanished, and two was still there...
There is really no turning back from that one... lol

One time I was doing street magic and saw this one guy at the park. I walked up, introduced myself, and performed some magic for him. He reacted really nicely, but he was exceptionally quiet. So I decided to hit him hard with an Osterlind BCS effect. I turned around and asked him to find his favorite card in the deck and put it in his pocket. I didn't get a response. I asked if he was ready... still, no response. I awkwardly turned around and it dawned on me-- I was performing for a deaf guy. He couldn't read my lips with my back turned.

Another time, when I was a house magician at a Philly restaurant, I found a couple sitting together at a booth waiting for their meals. I came over, spontaneously produced a rose and gave it to the lady. I opened my flaming wallet and produced a business card for the gentleman. Turns out the couple was only getting together at this restaurant to finalize their divorce settlement. Yeah, they didn't want ANYTHING to do with magic at all. I awkwardly took back the rose and business card and hung out in the janitor's closet for a while until they left.

FAIL. EPIC FAIL.

RS.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
One time I was doing street magic and saw this one guy at the park. I walked up, introduced myself, and performed some magic for him. He reacted really nicely, but he was exceptionally quiet. So I decided to hit him hard with an Osterlind BCS effect. I turned around and asked him to find his favorite card in the deck and put it in his pocket. I didn't get a response. I asked if he was ready... still, no response. I awkwardly turned around and it dawned on me-- I was performing for a deaf guy. He couldn't read my lips with my back turned.

Another time, when I was a house magician at a Philly restaurant, I found a couple sitting together at a booth waiting for their meals. I came over, spontaneously produced a rose and gave it to the lady. I opened my flaming wallet and produced a business card for the gentleman. Turns out the couple was only getting together at this restaurant to finalize their divorce settlement. Yeah, they didn't want ANYTHING to do with magic at all. I awkwardly took back the rose and business card and hung out in the janitor's closet for a while until they left.

FAIL. EPIC FAIL.

RS.

LOL.

Whilst not the most spectacular flame-blazing trail of fail I've ever read about, subtlety is a difficult mistress to master in magic, and so too I feel in the realm of fail magic. That's so brilliant!

Jul 13, 2009

FAIL. EPIC FAIL.

RS.

You sir get a cookie for making me giggle like a school girl, have a nice day.

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
One Time I was doing this close up show and I did a triumph routine that was very hard... so everything was just fine and then when I spread the cards to show that all were now re-arranged and on one side, the chosen card also turned faced down...so it was lost (I still have no idea how that happen)

so I was like WTF?!!! then I said "so as you can see all the cards are now on one side even when I shuffle them uspside down...." and he said "even my card?" and I said "especially your card" still I get good reactions

Watch it again, for it appears ye missed the part on how to do it even under those circumstances and also the part of "if ye're unsure, DON'T DO IT". They are sharp razorblades after all.

Yes but I still covered it up well :p
I still found out which oreo it was EASILY :D

And I'm that kind of person that when he gets told to NOT do something, I do it because I'm THAT stupid :) haha :p

hey guys. i wanna know about your epic fails in magic. your ambitous routine couldve gone to the bottom instead to the top, or your stigmata couldve ended up to be a random blob, or you couldve eaten the wrong oreo. anything that was a failure, post it. i wanna laugh :) (no offence to anyone btw)

-M.
i got you....my epic fail was an ACR, i do my invisible pass differently....when most do the pass on an offbeat momement my pass is on the offbeat moment of placing the top half on top of the bottom half, thats when i perform my pass, it has to be times perfectly to look like nothing happen....

anyways with that in mind, i was doing an ACR and my bottom half didn't exactly roll to the top like i had practiced....well as u can tell i wasn't able to show my specs their card....

if u do that pass and practice it just as i said, it totally invisible but extremely hard and the degree of failing is high, i now can do it without problem but even to me its still a level of failing at any moment...i practice this move daily.....

Feb 16, 2009
columbus, OH
I did a cane routine for my talent show and right in the middle of it, a few canes opened in my pocket and they shot out everywhere. I guess it looked cool though, at least thats what everone said. lol

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results