Best Coin Bending

Mar 18, 2008
I'm interesting to purchase a coin bend trick but there are a lot of different trick and price...
so I'm asking you what is the best coin bender trick out there ?
I mean the most praticable and which you use the most.
and it is really stronger to do a signature coin bend?
by the way I was looking for Quantum Bender 2 but the price is very high? does it worth its price? I've also heard about coinvexed ...
which one would you recommand ?
(sorry for my english)

hope you can help me

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator
When it comes to coin bends it varies SO much - I've put a few out which I find to work really well, but a lot of the time you can get an incredibly strong reaction to just borrowing a coin, switching it out for a bent one and working really hard on the performance and scripting you use.

The superman bender is great, Boa is VERY good, Coinvexed I didn't get on with - but many friends rave about it. The great thing about 'vexed is that it comes with a solid professional routine.

There's a coinvexed built into a sharpie coming out at BP in a couple of weeks that I'm looking forward to checking out though - I've heard good things about it!

QB2 - I don't own one, but I've seen very few bad reviews, I believe Matt la Vor has one who wrote a review on it on here - Do a search for it.

There's lots out there and I recommend trying as much as you can out - people like different benders and get on with different routines.

Hope that helps,

D.

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
I don't own any coin bends, but I have heard good things about the Superman.
Also, Dee seems to be cutting his own throat here, advertising other coin bends when he has his very own on the market. Altered is a coin bend in the spectator's hand; they feel it happen! Whilst I don't own this one either, it sounds absolutely brilliant, and I expect it's the usual high quality standard and sheer genius that we know from Dee Christopher. There's a version available in 23:23 (cheaper than most coin bends, and comes with 4 other tricks), check the link in Dee's signature for that. Though I believe he is bringing out a dvd dedicated solely to Altered at some point; if you can wait you might wanna hold out for that.

Alternatively you could bend a few coins in a vice with a hammer and use a simple switch. It's all about presentation.

Nov 12, 2008
You can get Jay Sankeys television bend which I believe is on his revolutionary coin magic and his book sankey unleashed. You get more material than just one coin bend with most of the coin bends out there and besides... I think it is the best looking coin bend out there... B.E.A. Utiful

Nov 1, 2008
I recommend Benjamin Earl's Skin DVD on coin bending - he's not the most famous guy but his work is top flight. His card work is incredible and unique and his thoughts and presentation on the coin bend are second to none. I can tell you that I have never seen a more considered routine and approach for the coin bend. If you are looking for a gimmick or a bending widget look elsewhere - Skin is a masterpiece of a coin bending routine that comes with no gimmicks as none are needed. PM me if you are seriously interested in doing a coin bend - It's a pet effect of mine and I have studied the effect for years.

My honest advice is to forget spending money on bender, superman, etc and learn this demolishing routine. It's not a quick visual thing - it's much more of a Banacheck.

T

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
I recommend Benjamin Earl's Skin DVD on coin bending - he's not the most famous guy but his work is top flight. His card work is incredible and unique and his thoughts and presentation on the coin bend are second to none. I can tell you that I have never seen a more considered routine and approach for the coin bend. If you are looking for a gimmick or a bending widget look elsewhere - Skin is a masterpiece of a coin bending routine that comes with no gimmicks as none are needed. PM me if you are seriously interested in doing a coin bend - It's a pet effect of mine and I have studied the effect for years.

My honest advice is to forget spending money on bender, superman, etc and learn this demolishing routine. It's not a quick visual thing - it's much more of a Banacheck.

T

As much as I hate the word being spread of this effect (selfish ol' me), he's right; Skin is an absolute masterpiece of a coin bend.

- Sean

Nov 8, 2007
Quantum Bender 2.0.

It blows everything out of the water.

As an owner of Superman (ugh), Skin, Television Bend, ICON, The Closer, and just about every other coin bend that has ever hit the market, the best advice I can give you is--if you really want a strong, clean, completely convincing and astonishing coin bend--just wait until you can afford QB2. I'm surprised Dee said he's seen a lot of bad reviews, because before I bought mine I did a lot of research and everything I ever read was nothing but glowing praise. And as someone who owns the QB2 now, and uses it regularly, all I have to add is more glowing praise myself. It's absolutely solid.

I wrote a review you can read HERE.

If you can't afford it, though, and still want to do a coin bend, I'd recommend Skin or PH's Mucle Bend from the True Astonishments set. VERY clean, VERY clever.

But again, I highly recommend QB2.

Good Luck & Happy Magic.

Jan 30, 2009
I own the Superman, and currently have it junk boxed. I am sure it's just right for "somebody", but not me. I find it painfull to bend quarters, and that was my original goal.

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator
Quantum Bender 2.0.

It blows everything out of the water.

As an owner of Superman (ugh), Skin, Television Bend, ICON, The Closer, and just about every other coin bend that has ever hit the market, the best advice I can give you is--if you really want a strong, clean, completely convincing and astonishing coin bend--just wait until you can afford QB2. I'm surprised Dee said he's seen a lot of bad reviews, because before I bought mine I did a lot of research and everything I ever read was nothing but glowing praise. And as someone who owns the QB2 now, and uses it regularly, all I have to add is more glowing praise myself. It's absolutely solid.

I wrote a review you can read HERE.

If you can't afford it, though, and still want to do a coin bend, I'd recommend Skin or PH's Mucle Bend from the True Astonishments set. VERY clean, VERY clever.

But again, I highly recommend QB2.

Good Luck & Happy Magic.

Matt, I said I'd see very few bad reviews - Meaning that almost all feedback I've seen for the QB2 has been good!:p

Maybe I could have worded it better!

I must also vouch for Skin, Really well choreographed routine - Ben crafted it beautifully!

D.

Nov 1, 2008
You know - for a quick bad lil sucker of a coin bend one that I use ALL the time is Danny Garcia's Bent from from his Bent Touch Slink DVD. It's underrated and nobody really knows about it.. or at least I've never heard anyone mention it. I think because DVD might seeem like a dud that this gem flies under the radar. It's quick and insanely visual if you're looking for more of a vicious jab than a knockout.
t

Nov 8, 2007
Matt, I said I'd see very few bad reviews - Meaning that almost all feedback I've seen for the QB2 has been good!:p

Maybe I could have worded it better!

I must also vouch for Skin, Really well choreographed routine - Ben crafted it beautifully!

D.

Ah, I misread.

So that's another positive voice on the QB2 then. ;)

Mar 18, 2008
ok thank everybody for your advice
I'll looking for some stuff and especially for Skin and try to find the best for me.
and maybe one day I could afford QB2 ...
but how exactly can I bend a coin , is it teach in skin? or Bent touch slink?

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator
Most of the DVDs will show you how to bend, but alot explain it with a bender.

You can just use a couple of sets of pliers and wrap some thick cloth or a shammy leather and bend, bend, bend!

Other people will offer a vice and hammer method, or use a bender, but the key is to protect the coin against scratches and the like.

Hope that helps!

D.

Feb 8, 2009
well i can tell you not to buy superman coin bend. to get rid of the gimmick isnt that easy even with misdirection. people arnt dumb - why would you put your hands in your pockets before showing them empty? well its also bit expensive.

if your looking for a bend without a gimmick in the actual effect theres the one that tought in in the beggening there were coins but daniel garcia's "bent" is a bit better - and after learning this bend youl also learn one of the best coin vanishes. - and the non bented coin is getting rid almost by itself.

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator
I disagree - The superman bender has done me proud over the last few years using it. It's hardly the lap of luxury when it comes to benders, but it's quick, easy and ditches it's self...depending on how you use it.

You definitely don't need to put your hands in your pockets, but either way, that shouldn't be a problem at all.

D.

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
well i can tell you not to buy superman coin bend. to get rid of the gimmick isnt that easy even with misdirection. people arnt dumb - why would you put your hands in your pockets before showing them empty? well its also bit expensive.

You do realise that's not the only clean-up for it? There's clean-up where your hands can be shown empty as the coin is being bent.

That's the superman coin bend I got anyway :confused:

- Sean

Jan 13, 2008
I have to agree with Sean_Raf and Dee, the Superman can definitely be ditched quite easily without going into your pockets (or anywhere near your body, for that matter).

Anyway, my Superman coin bend, while not the most luxurious thing in the word, has definitely worked quite well for me. The price is great, what it can do is great (bend a signed or unsigned coin), it's easy to use (fairly small learning curve to learn to handle it), and the cleanup is great (I don't need to go near my body at all, and can roll up my sleeves to show no contraptions up my sleeves).

I'm not sure I'd use a different coin bend, even if it was easier. I suppose I have a "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" mentality on this. However, if I wanted a coin bend where I could really "ham up" the performance, I'd just go with a pre-bent coin and make up my own routine (like I sometimes do as my lead into Frozen, although I'll often do the Superman anyway given that I don't want the routine to be too long). Otherwise, the Superman is wonderful. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results