Contact juggling

Discussion in 'Product Questions and Reviews' started by scarecrow1, Nov 23, 2010.

1. Hey guys, where could I find a good source on contact juggling? Just looking to get into the very basics of it.

Cheers

2. Go out to Target, Walmart, or Walgreens and get a Fushigi ball. Laugh as you may, it comes with a DVD teaching some basic moves, and the ball itself isn't that bad in quality.

3. You can get this DVD here:

http://www.magicgeek.com/ultimate-contact-juggling-dvd-812.html

I heard it contained some great stuff and quality teaching in there. Might want to check that out.

After that, you could go to Walmart and grab a Fushigi ball w/ DVD, as it also teaches some moves.

4. Haha, thanks William, I'll check it out :). Probably not a bad deal.

Thanks dbmagic4.

5. Thanks Casey! Looks like a good DVD.

6. The fushigi ball looks awesome. It's definitely on my Christmas list. And it's only $20!

7. I have 2 fushigis (i was lucky enough to get 2 in a box by accident). They are good to learn with, however, if you want to get serious about contact juggling in the future, i hugely suggest you think about purchasing a better ball from somewhere. contact juggling .org has some good tips about what balls to use. Frankly, the fushigis just arent that great. Personally, I hate the metal sphere inside the acrylic. they are always off-center and look bad. Plus, they arent as durable as other balls, but hey, its good to start with :p

8. My local juggling shop called "Air Traffic" sells contact juggling spheres. They are high-quality acrylic. Not sure I want to invest too heavily in contact juggling. I've just always been a fan of it since the movie "Labyrinth". I'll try out the Fushigi for now, and if I take a strong liking to it, I'll invest in a nicer orb.