Cool Off Tudor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 2, 2007
brian tudor is like the 'MS-DOS of card flourishing'. Sure he contributed to modern flourishing but everyone's using 'Macintosh or Windows Vista/ XP' now.

sorry lame analogy but all you smart guys should get the drift.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 27, 2008
I want to see one of those kids attempting the Tudor Cut 2

No disrespect to Kev and the others
LOL did you just call Virtuoso 'kids'???

Funny how you would call them that, because they're a few of the best in the world at this, plus the fact that they're probably all older than you. I'm just guessing that because of your ridiculously close-minded uniformed opinion.

Anything made my Daren and Kevin, like Jigsaw and satwotm pwns the hell out of 'the tudor cut'.

KatieKenner

that girl who posts videos sometimes / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
www.myspace.com
Let's stay on track guys, we don't need any more bashing.

Flourishing is fun, magic is fun. Guys like Brian Tudor make for a fun and sometimes heated discussion.

Please keep that in mind.

Love,

Katie

Nov 8, 2007
So if we don't like Brian's teaching, he'll give us less than that...
Yeah, because that's mature.

I respect his skill, creativity, and accomplishments. But that's where it ends.

The guy is arrogant and mean-spirited, and clearly has some anger issues. He doesn't like hearing that he isn't a good teacher so he throws a temper tantrum on a DVD that fans of his work just laid down money for? Honestly--it's hard to find someone in magic today acting like a bigger baby than Tudor.

BrianationX

Banned
Jul 13, 2008
THe doesn't like hearing that he isn't a good teacher so he throws a temper tantrum on a DVD that fans of his work just laid down money for? Honestly--it's hard to find someone in magic today acting like a bigger baby than Tudor.

Hes not a bad Teacher.
Maybe your just a Bad student?
I bet I AM Not the only one that learns from them
And besides instead of saying how bad his teaching is
Why don't you create your own material.:eek:

To KatieEgleston

Knowing who's Brian Tudor is not helping the art form in anyway, shape or form ?

KatieKenner

that girl who posts videos sometimes / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
www.myspace.com
Hes not a bad Teacher.

To Katie Something

Knowing who's Brian Tudor is not helping the art form in anyway, shape or form ?

In MY defense... Since no one is backing me up.

I was defending you. The people BASHING YOU weren't helping the art form in any way, shape or form. That is why I closed the other Brian Tudor thread. I know who Brian Tudor is (not personally), and I know most of his body of work.

Like I said, there is no problem being a fan of someone's work. There is no problem in discussing the likes and dislikes of an artist.

Just PLEASE keep it magic/forum related and remember there is no need for put downs.

Love,

Mama Katie

BrianationX

Banned
Jul 13, 2008
In MY defense... Since no one is backing me up.

I was defending you. The people BASHING YOU wasn't helping the art form in any way, shape or form. That is why I closed the other Brian Tudor thread. I know who Brian Tudor is (not personally), and I know most of his body of work.

Like I said, there is no problem being a fan of someone's work. There is no problem in discussing the likes and dislikes of an artist.

Just PLEASE keep it magic/forum related and remember there is no need for put downs.

Love,

Mama Katie

Look I fixed it:)

bd

Jun 26, 2008
San Francisco, California
This thread is freaking pointless.

===

Brian Tudor
Brian is a very intelligent individual, and has contributed much to "our" community that has fueled the progression of magic and cardistry. He is a very skilled card manipulator, in both the magician and cardist sense of the word.

His teaching style is different than others'; however, this is not a bad thing. Many people learn differently, and learning to adapt to a new style of intake will only benefit the one learning.

I believe that somehow, the community (mainly the younger kids) have lost a sense of respect for Brian. That lack of respect to a man who deserves it has only swelled up his own anger, lashing back at the ones who despise him.

Brian Tudor is a good guy, and I personally believe that he has every right to be angry towards "us". This generation of magicians and cardists have mostly only given him disrespect and hateful comments.

Treat others as you would have them treat you. We all heard a saying like this while we were growing up. It's a rule that, if followed, will benefit both parties involved to a great extent in the end.

===

@BrianationX
My comments toward you centered around the was you presented yourself and your argument. Hopefully I did not come across as too unkind of a person.

-

Best regards,
Ben

Nov 8, 2007
Hes not a bad Teacher.
Why don't you create your own material.

Rather than immediately typing out a knee-jerking reaction, why don't you take the time to actually read what you're responding to next time.

I never said I thought Tudor was a bad teacher.

Reading is fundamental.

BrianationX

Banned
Jul 13, 2008
Rather than immediately typing out a knee-jerking reaction, why don't you take the time to actually read what you're responding to next time.

I never said I thought Tudor was a bad teacher.

Reading is fundamental.

The Message is universal
If you dont Say 'His teaching...."
Then Dont Worry about it.
For all of those that do then
"Crate" your own Material

yes I said "Crate"

Mar 29, 2008
Honestly - I have Tutors Show off video - I found it in a half price bin...I think I still overpaid, but it came with a free roll of toilet paper...which I totally needed after watching BT...because I will be honest, when I first saw it...I crapped - amazingly beautiful flourishes, which I still enjoy watching people do - it's NOT MAGIC, but perhaps it is closer to art than magic

As for BT - he calls the BIDDLE grip the BIBBLE grip and miscalls fingers a few times. This guy knows is stuff, he knows his flourishes...just not terms and fingers...those he will work on.

Hes not a bad Teacher.
Why don't you create your own material.:eek:

To KatieEgleston

He's not a bad teacher. Yeah here is what he said. " Spring Up then Spring down". Very helpful. Generation extreme had much better teaching. But showoff 3 was garbage. The guy talked about his life and personal problems instead of teaching the move. And the whole create your material thing.. People do create there own material but some people actually like tudor and when you hear he has a new dvd coming you get excited and want to see what your favorite magician has created over the years. Then when he releases crap like showoff 3, you get pissed on how you were tricked on buying his products. This thread is pointless, everyone knows your a spammer, and for the last time can someone ban this guy.

BrianationX

Banned
Jul 13, 2008
He's not a bad teacher. Yeah here is what he said. " Spring Up then Spring down". Very helpful. Generation extreme had much better teaching. But showoff 3 was garbage. Then when he releases crap like showoff 3, you get pissed on how you were tricked on buying his products. This thread is pointless, everyone knows your a spammer, and for the last time can someone ban this guy.

He said that,I did it and now I can Do Brian Tudor's Double Direction Spring.
If you cant follow instructions is your problem,Or you don't know how to spring cards.

ShowOff vol 3 is not Crap:mad:
And I'm not a spammer I'm a prestidigitator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results