Criss Angel... This Is How We Should Be...

Jul 13, 2009
@KeoSilver: Kleptomaniac likes to steal stuff. Hypochondriac feels like he has every disease in the world.

Woops, thank you for that catch.

Also, I agree with you about what women and what they look for in men. I don't need to be a scientist to know that girls are looking for the "perfect man". The thing is though, besides the confidence, health, etc. the real deciding factor is whether or not they like your personality. Some girls love the submissive guys who bow to every whim, and some girls like the nerd who sits alone in the cafeteria.

If we as magicians bump up the flirting, we could make our performance a bit more memorable.

Jul 13, 2009
Let me edit this post while I finish reading the above one

Nevermind, not really worth my time. We're going way too far off topic here. I get it, you don't like me, I'll live.

You're one of the reasons why it got off topic in the first place bud. The original poster was only trying to say that magicians should try to be more charming!!! Had nothing to do with psychology of genders, nothing to do with PUA. NOTHING but to say that some magicians should be a little flirtatious with their audience. I agree with that idea and I also agree that some characters or personas can't pull off the flirt, or if they requested a kiss, it would be breaking character.

"I get it, you don't like me, I'll live."

Go cut your wrists and die, you'll get more attention that way. Or is your living memory so poor that no one would like to remember your existence after your death?

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert

There is also "The Art of Seduction" By Robert Green. Great great book. It explains a lot of good stuff using historic momments as examples.

Steerpike gave you great examples on books. Also I forgot to add the "Cocky/funny" model that David Deangelo uses. It is really different than just being cocky

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
Some attributes that women likes in a man:
Confidence (goes back to all that primal alpha male period)
Humor (laughing release endorphins which acts as an analgesic, and makes them feel good)
Personal Hygiene (ummmm.. nuf said)
Originality (to actually stand up from the crowd and not bore her)
Psychical Appearance (while not THE most important thing, it is still pretty important)
Intelligence (women like to be challenged intellectually, and they like to talk to intelligent guys because they always have a solution for a problem......... all that provider thing)
Well Educated (not to be confused with intelligent... once again, women are attracted to personality traits more than looks, so if you always have some interesting topic to discuss, they will love that)
Rich (I put this at the end. While being one of the least important, it IS still the factor. Specially with older women. They don't like to be "sugar mommas", they want a guy who can provide for her, and himself. If the woman is already working and has a good job, than she would like if the guy at least had enough money for himself).

The "Annihilation" method by Neil Strauss AKA "Style" is to see all those atributtes that you just said (And a couple more) rate yourself from 1 to five on those, and after that, finding wich traits can work better for you that can be developed.

Sep 1, 2007
Belgrade, Serbia
Woops, thank you for that catch.

Also, I agree with you about what women and what they look for in men. I don't need to be a scientist to know that girls are looking for the "perfect man". The thing is though, besides the confidence, health, etc. the real deciding factor is whether or not they like your personality. Some girls love the submissive guys who bow to every whim, and some girls like the nerd who sits alone in the cafeteria.

If we as magicians bump up the flirting, we could make our performance a bit more memorable.

Exactly. We have a saying in my country, it goes "every rug finds a patch". In other words, there is someone for everybody. That is where the word "most women" comes into play.
I also agree that we as a magicians should be a little more flertacious, if it fits your character. If you have those boring, generic presentations of effects, or narrative presentation, than a little flirting and cocky/funny may actually help you out.

Sep 1, 2007
Belgrade, Serbia
The "Annihilation" method by Neil Strauss AKA "Style" is to see all those atributtes that you just said (And a couple more) rate yourself from 1 to five on those, and after that, finding wich traits can work better for you that can be developed.

True. I haven't read "The Game" yet, but I heard it's pretty good. And what you said actually makes sense. Just work on your weeker side to improve yourself.

Btw. can someone PM me about how to quote multiple posts in one post?

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
True. I haven't read "The Game" yet, but I heard it's pretty good. And what you said actually makes sense. Just work on your weeker side to improve yourself.

Btw. can someone PM me about how to quote multiple posts in one post?

Actually the "Attraction/Seduction" model explained in "The Game" is the model that "mistery" uses. Neil Strauss writes about the model that "Mistery" uses, how he met him, how it changed his life, and how he met other guys in the bussines, like the self proclaimed guru Ross Jeffries.

It is a enterteining book to read :)

Nov 8, 2007
I've never had to use magic to pick girls up. Ever. Maybe because I've worked hard on my people skills? I go to the gym? I don't talk to them like they're objects? There are no women skills there are only people skills.

you know what's worse? People claiming that psychology can back any of this bs up. No science can tell you how people work, nor how they think/behave with any certainty. Most papers written on the subject should start off by saying "in a lab, where we control all the conditions, the majority of people did X,YandZ"

Your glass is full, grasshopper.

There is also "The Art of Seduction" By Robert Green. Great great book. It explains a lot of good stuff using historic momments as examples.
Agreed. Robert Green's book is an excellent read. I love the historical perspective he brings to the subject. Very well written.

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
I'm prone to getting angry about people who think they are somehow above other groups of people. Thank you for your arguments and intelligent discussion.

jajaja!! you keep cracking me up!!

Anyway...I never said that I understood how women think..oh!! but you probaly knew that eh? Mr. Psychology Major...and you say you don`t like people that feels superior

Women do process and think differently, and when I say differently I don`t mean less or better, it`s just different...women are emotional beings as opposed to men who are more logical...is that me feeling superior? no...it`s just me saying what I have learned through experience..

And...I wanna to share a post on the E forums...is from Reality One (he is also in this forums) and pretty much sumarizes my point...

"I think that people are getting caught up on the use of the word "womanizer" (which has a different connotation than Luis intended) and missing the point of what Luis is saying. I don't think Luis is saying be a creepy slimeball trying to letch kisses off your spectators. I think he is encouraging people to think about incorporating charm, humor, mystery and sexyness into your character and presentation. Now that is a lot easier if you are like Luis and naturally have the looks and flair of James Bond (seriously, the guy works out before he performs).

Watch the nightclub performances of Wayne Houchin in Art of Magic or Greg Wilson's performances in the Arcane Gaff DVD (where he gets the spectator to write her phone number on the card). Look up Kalin and Jinger's performance of the Wakling sawing in half illusion to see how Jinger jokes with the spectator.

Now, this isn't going to work for everyone. It has to fit your character and the situation. Like zoraxe said, what Criss did was perfectly suited to that situation. What works at a singles bar might not work when performimg at the retirement home. Also, how you do this will depend on your age, looks, confidence and marital status.

This is the opposite of the how do I use magic to impress the opposite gender question. What I think Luis is asking you to think about how you can incorporate confidence and sexyness when performing for the opposite gender."

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
Actually the "Attraction/Seduction" model explained in "The Game" is the model that "mistery" uses. Neil Strauss writes about the model that "Mistery" uses, how he met him, how it changed his life, and how he met other guys in the bussines, like the self proclaimed guru Ross Jeffries.

It is a enterteining book to read :)

I just got that book in the mail...man!! is it hard to find a good book here in my town...you know what I mean...

I think the main point is to practice it a lot...this is pretty much like magic, you have to fail and experiment in the real world to learn and advance...

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
Women do process and think differently, and when I say differently I don`t mean less or better, it`s just different...women are emotional beings as opposed to men who are more logical...is that me feeling superior? no...it`s just me saying what I have learned through experience..

Luis Im afraid that I am going to disagree with you.

Women aren't more "emotional" than us or less "Logical", they just know and usually demonstrate their feeling better, where we men usually struggle to be open.

How would you measure "Logical" and "Emotional"? There isn't any way to measure that, therefore you can't say that one gender is most "Something" than the other.

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
I just got that book in the mail...man!! is it hard to find a good book here in my town...you know what I mean...

I think the main point is to practice it a lot...this is pretty much like magic, you have to fail and experiment in the real world to learn and advance...

Hahaha yeah I know! While "The game" is a enterteining book to read, magic wise, I would recommend Robert Greene "The art of seduction". Magic wise is better related material to what we do :)

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
Luis Im afraid that I am going to disagree with you.

Women aren't more "emotional" than us or less "Logical", they just know and usually demonstrate their feeling better, where we men usually struggle to be open.

How would you measure "Logical" and "Emotional"? There isn't any way to measure that, therefore you can't say that one gender is most "Something" than the other.

Hey RD.

Well...I agree that you can`t measure logic or emotions...but I think you woul agree with me that women do things that are drive from emotions and that`s why men don`t understand why they do the things they do...since we are trying to explain it in a logical way...

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
Hey RD.

Well...I agree that you can`t measure logic or emotions...but I think you woul agree with me that women do things that are drive from emotions and that`s why men don`t understand why they do the things they do...since we are trying to explain it in a logical way...

No I don't agree Luis, we all do things drived by emotions, not just women. Think about it.

Sep 1, 2007
Cornwall
Attraction for a woman is not a choice, they cant wake up and say "today i think ill be attracted to Johnny".
They decide within the first few seconds if they want an intimate relationship with you, or just be friends/nothing.

This is why it is quite rare (but happens) to go from long time friends into somehting more

And vise versa, when they are in an intimate relationship, then view you as friends, its nearly impossible to "go back in time" as their mind is already made up (just happened with my gf of 1.5 years...***** lol)

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
Attraction for a woman is not a choice, they cant wake up and say "today i think ill be attracted to Johnny".
They decide within the first few seconds if they want an intimate relationship with you, or just be friends/nothing.

True. Just one thing, next time please give credit where credit is due, you used the same words that David Deangelo uses when explaining attraction.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results