Deja-Vu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 10, 2008
Lamont, Why would you film such a sloppy performance and post it. I think that may be one of the points here. You have to admit, seeing the skills of other people just on this site, that your card skills are lower than novice. And that video was put up in 2008! It's just the start of '09 my friend. You are jumping the gun way, way, way too soon. Slow down, create your own style, and work on some originality. Please, let us believe that we are not speaking to a wall.

John

Nov 16, 2008
In the not to distant future
just rewatch some of your videos. You obviously use camera trickery. The 100 foot teleport, watch how the sheet clenched up and car sped up. We shouldn't have to prove anything. We are not the one claiming not use editing. Prove it. For once be somewhat useful and give us hard evidence. Perform live. Actually, nevermind the last live performance was terrible. Steerpike, I'd probably throw in another 50 if I could take him up on that challenge too. All I have to say until you make another childish reply about your overinflated ego and how were not good enough magicians to figure out your tricks.

Hi, im Lance burton and i approve this message.

Jun 7, 2008
DC area
www.youtube.com
ug
uggggg
UGGGGGGGG
UGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!
Those are not sex noises (well I guess they are) but those were the noises I was making while watching this video. wow what can I say....... fail. I cant break though your head it to loaded with criss angel s***. Well any ways I would give advice but does it matter at this point?

M

Mystifier1

just rewatch some of your videos. You obviously use camera trickery. The 100 foot teleport, watch how the sheet clenched up and car sped up. We shouldn't have to prove anything. We are not the one claiming not use editing. Prove it. For once be somewhat useful and give us hard evidence. Perform live. Actually, nevermind the last live performance was terrible. Steerpike, I'd probably throw in another 50 if I could take him up on that challenge too. All I have to say until you make another childish reply about your overinflated ego and how were not good enough magicians to figure out your tricks.

Hi, im Lance burton and i approve this message.

No the one hundred foot teleportation is done with invisible thread, but I bet you did not think of that becuase you assume its a camera trick.

I have told everyone im not going to argue and I wont. There are many things I could say, but im not.

How about whenever I post a video on the site dont watch it.

I've discussed this with a few friends a few weeks ago. It's known as Anti-Jizz, and yes, it's exactly what you think.

I've given an Elephant Boner to a friend (With a Chain around my knee.) so hard his feet actually left the ground and he flew a couple feet away. He was in so much pain he couldn't even scream, he just stood there looking up with his eyes closed, holding his @$$. It was also in a holy place. Yet I think "Anti-Jizz" might be more disturbing than that. This is also a true story, and no, an Elephant Boner is not dirty, unless you take it literally :rolleyes:.

:eek:

I've given an Elephant Boner to a friend (With a Chain around my knee.) so hard his feet actually left the ground and he flew a couple feet away. He was in so much pain he couldn't even scream, he just stood there looking up with his eyes closed, holding his @$$. It was also in a holy place. Yet I think "Anti-Jizz" might be more disturbing than that. This is also a true story, and no, an Elephant Boner is not dirty, unless you take it literally :rolleyes:.

I might need further clarification on this 'Elephant Boner', until then, I'm taking it literally, and it aint pretty.

As much as quoting dictionary definitions at other people is a wank thing to do and I try and stay away from it, those videos were so outrageously poor that I think some definitions are pertinent to this thread.

Note: the Green bits are good, the blue bits are bad:

performance |pərˈfôrməns|
noun
1 an act of staging or presenting a play, concert, or other form of entertainment

noun

• informal a display of exaggerated behavior or a process involving a great deal of unnecessary time and effort; a fuss

magic |ˈmajik|
noun
• mysterious tricks, such as making things disappear and appear again, performed as entertainment.

• a quality that makes something seem removed from everyday life, esp. in a way that gives delight

linen |ˈlinin|
noun
cloth woven from flax.
• garments or other household articles such as sheets made, or originally made, of linen

Lamont, I would suggest selling your video camera and then buying Royal Road To Card Magic or Card College and a couple decks of Bikes with the proceeds. Learn real magic, practice proper performance and work on the ultimate aim of any magician: to entertain.

There is more to magic than bed linen.

Good luck with it.

Rabid

M

Mystifier1

As much as quoting dictionary definitions at other people is a wank thing to do and I try and stay away from it, those videos were so outrageously poor that I think some definitions are pertinent to this thread.

Note: the Green bits are good, the blue bits are bad:

noun
1 an act of staging or presenting a play, concert, or other form of entertainment

noun

• informal a display of exaggerated behavior or a process involving a great deal of unnecessary time and effort; a fuss

magic |ˈmajik|
noun
• mysterious tricks, such as making things disappear and appear again, performed as entertainment.

• a quality that makes something seem removed from everyday life, esp. in a way that gives delight

linen |ˈlinin|
noun
cloth woven from flax.
• garments or other household articles such as sheets made, or originally made, of linen

Lamont, I would suggest selling your video camera and then buying Royal Road To Card Magic or Card College and a couple decks of Bikes with the proceeds. Learn real magic, practice proper performance and work on the ultimate aim of any magician: to entertain.

There is more to magic than bed linen.

Good luck with it.

Rabid

Ahh the good old days. I bought card magic books when I was younger. Its to bad im not a card magician and you shouldn't be trying to get another magician to change the type of magic they do.

Sep 1, 2007
Ahh the good old days. I bought card magic books when I was younger. Its to bad im not a card magician and you shouldn't be trying to get another magician to change the type of magic they do.

Again missing the forest for the trees.

May 3, 2008
Singapore
www.youtube.com

101 TRICKS FOR KIDS!!! doesnt count as a magic book.

I've discussed this with a few friends a few weeks ago. It's known as Anti-Jizz, and yes, it's exactly what you think.

it goes.... in?

Mystifyer1.

You're correct, probably you aren't a card magician. You aren't any type of magician from the videos you've posted. And I wasn't trying to change the type of magic you do. To do that, you'd have to actually be performing a type of magic already...not just doing the laundry.

Sorry to sound harsh buddy, but if you truly...truly, believe that the utter rubbish you've put up here is magic and that you are adept at it...then you need therapy.

I really wish hobbyists would see themselves as such and not be so desperate to be famous. To be famous you're going to have to put in a hell of a lot more work than you obviously have. Why can't people just be content to take magic for what it is: FUN. Fun to practice, fun to do, fun to learn. Why does everyone have such a great desire to prostitute themselves in the vain hope they can make some money?

The rest of the people you've tried so damn hard to impress with you horrendous attempts to be Crisp Angle...aren't impressed. I'd have thought that was obvious.

A lot of my sleight of hand is nowhere near good enough to stand the test of a performance. When it is, I'll know, because I'm not trying to be something I'm not. I'm content to be who I am. More people should just be themselves instead of hopelessly reaching for what is far, far out of their grasp.

Take the advice of others mate, take a good hard look at your work, compare it to the people you look up to, then sit down and ask yourself...honestly..."Do I cut it?"

If the answer you come to is anything other than 'No chance', then you're fooling yourself. Badly.

Start back to cards or something simpler than Stage Illusion...performed in your back garden...with your bedspread. Try what Lee Asher suggests; take three pieces of magic and work them until you can do them better than anyone else. You cannot possibly be old enough to have moved on from the basics of magic yet...I simply can't believe that. Do some proper work on some pieces of magic that you can actually pull off and then go from there.

Don't be so desperate to be famous, because as a consumer of your 'talent', I'm here to tell you the hard truth.

You have none.

That kind of thing is learned and worked on...it's not edited over musak.

I realise my posts seem very harsh, I really do and I apologise, but the videos you've posted are really bad...surely you can see that. You must have actually watched them? See yourself for what you are; someone who wishes to be brilliant, but isn't yet. Don't take that badly...very few people are brilliant straight away. Some never will be. Anyway, Good luck with it mate, I mean that sincerely.

Rabid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results