Favorite Pass / Shift

wZEnigma

Elite Member
Jun 17, 2009
NE Ohio.
ianchandlerwriting.com
The Spread Pass is the most logical pass for a card magician. You spread for a selection, have one chosen, spread again to have it replaced, bam. Invisibly controlled to the top. Good angles and freakin' fast. Other favorites are the turnover pass and Herrmann pass.

Ian

Apr 5, 2009
Illinois
i dont know the name of my pass. its probably the classic one. my pass is practically straight misdirection. under the cover of squaring the pack after an overhand. oh and i'm babbling off the mouth about all kinds of different crap.

Sep 10, 2008
QLD, AUS
The Spread Pass is the most logical pass for a card magician. You spread for a selection, have one chosen, spread again to have it replaced, bam. Invisibly controlled to the top. Good angles and freakin' fast. Other favorites are the turnover pass and Herrmann pass.

Ian

don't be so general. What if you're a card magician who has selections chosen/returned in the middle of a dribble?

I usually use the classic pass, imply because it is one of the fastest ways to transpose the two packets, which means you require less misdirection.

Dec 12, 2009
London Uk
I love the spread pass, Card college 4 has some subtleties which can make it invisible from most angles. Since I am not the BIGGEST card buff, I have put in the time to practice the spread pass and would probably not practice any other pass. For now atleast. The other pass is the Improved Diagonal Palm Shift in The Card Magic Of Paul LePaul, I love it.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
The classic pass is my favorite for pure simplicity, but I only use a pass in one trick. I find in many cases there are better ways to get a card to the top or bottom.

Jul 1, 2009
Austin,TX
I might get burned alive for this, but I don't use a pass. I simply cut the deck.

Nobody will burn you, but I highly encourage you to learn a pass. Simply because if you cut the deck then the speactor may think that you cut to his card. With a pass it will never come across the speactor's mind. I suggets you learn the Classic pass and Spread pass.

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
Nobody will burn you, but I highly encourage you to learn a pass. Simply because if you cut the deck then the speactor may think that you cut to his card. With a pass it will never come across the speactor's mind. I suggets you learn the Classic pass and Spread pass.

I can do a classic pass, and used to do quite regularly. But I found that just cutting the deck was overall easier, and just as unnoticeable if done properly. Given that cutting the deck is a relatively natural action with a deck of cards, the spectator will pay it no attention assuming you don't. In fact a friend of mine has often simply showed a spectator a card, then put that packet on top of the other without their card ever even going into the middle. He just did it so casually that nobody ever noticed.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results