Gambler's Cop

Discussion in 'Magic Forum' started by Crazyandyman, May 7, 2009.

1. What are the advantages of the gambler's cop over other palming methods. Thanks

2. Completely invisible from the front. Major exposure from the side. though easily manageable through misdirection or moving your body.

I prefer this method over others.

3. The name sounds cooler.

Also one could argue that the hand is held in a more natural position. Watch the angles tough.

Actually I don't like the gambler's cop, it's harder to get in and out of your pockets with the card and, again, the angles are awkward. For me at least.
    I get called on it about 50% of the time, so I stopped doing it.

4. Its alot more natural and,for me,a ton easier to get into position than a normal palm.
    I hardly pay attention to angles though and ive never gotten caught. Your misdirection has to be great(whether you use a palm or not) and they wont suspect anything.

5. It's ideal to use when your performing magic seated at a table.

6. It's versitile and has many applications for effects.

Use the search button for more info on the Gam Cop.

7. If you are performing for 3 or less, the cop is invisible and is clean as hell.

8. You can use it easily on stage by using your body to block off the bad angles

9. It's invisible from the front, as it was said already. And the cop is much more natural than the classic palm. I've been caught only once and I was surrounded then.

10. Just don't look right at your dirty hand, and you'll be solid. Great move though, definitely has its pros and cons, but very useful when used correctly.

11. I've always found the Gambler's Cop much more effective than a classic palm, angles are much, much better - They can pretty much look into your hand and see it empty.

Very effective move.

D.