I got on TV!

Sep 23, 2008
Selma, NC
What's up everybody?! I go to this place in goldsboro NC every other thursday to busk a little bit, and I ran into a camera crew there who has a morning show. I talked to them , and i got on tv. I did two effects. The biddle trick, and Indecent. I made sure to mention that Indecent was from Wayne Houchin. The asked me where people can get started, and I proudly said "Theory 11" and Ellusionist. I just wanted to brag a little cuz I'm excited. Maybe I'll get some more birthday parties. Ok that's it, so...... love peace chicken grease!

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
What's up everybody?! I go to this place in goldsboro NC every other thursday to busk a little bit, and I ran into a camera crew there who has a morning show. I talked to them , and i got on tv. I did two effects. The biddle trick, and Indecent. I made sure to mention that Indecent was from Wayne Houchin. The asked me where people can get started, and I proudly said "Theory 11" and Ellusionist. I just wanted to brag a little cuz I'm excited. Maybe I'll get some more birthday parties. Ok that's it, so...... love peace chicken grease!

What the F!!!! first of all you said the name of the effects and their creators and then you say where you learned them? why the f** did you decided to do that????

Seriously thought, thats kinda bad, althought the ammount of laypeople that will search in google for the names you gave is low, they are going to still be some guys that will do it.

On another point, I dont mean to be rude, but your presentation must be pretty bad If you said the names of the tricks and their creators, it takes a lot of the main reaction and patter.

Just some things that you should try to watch out in the future.

Sep 23, 2008
Selma, NC
What the F!!!! first of all you said the name of the effects and their creators and then you say where you learned them? why the f** did you decided to do that????

I only had five minutes, and plus I only said the name of Indecent, not the biddle trick. I didn't say I learned those effects from those websites. He asked where people who wanted to start learning magic should go. So I told him people should go to their local libraires, ellusioniist, or theory 11. He asked me to show them an effect or two, so I thought i should tell them what the effect waS and who it was by. but maybe that was a stupid decistion, but i was trying to be thoughtfull. when I named those websites I was trying to help people out who wanted to start magic because I know hard it was for me trying to learn magic with no money. So I apologise if I was stupid but chill out a little.

Oct 22, 2008

Seriously thought, thats kinda bad, althought the ammount of laypeople that will search in google for the names you gave is low, they are going to still be some guys that will do it.

On another point, I dont mean to be rude, but your presentation must be pretty bad If you said the names of the tricks and their creators, it takes a lot of the main reaction and patter.

Just some things that you should try to watch out in the future.

totally agreed

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
I only had five minutes, and plus I only said the name of Indecent, not the biddle trick. I didn't say I learned those effects from those websites. He asked where people who wanted to start learning magic should go. So I told him people should go to their local libraires, ellusioniist, or theory 11. He asked me to show them an effect or two, so I thought i should tell them what the effect waS and who it was by. but maybe that was a stupid decistion, but i was trying to be thoughtfull. when I named those websites I was trying to help people out who wanted to start magic because I know hard it was for me trying to learn magic with no money. So I apologise if I was stupid but chill out a little.

In my second paragrapgh I said that I wasnt being serious:rolleyes:

Anyway, is okay, but remember, not everybody is a magician, and not everybody is going to check the sites because they wanna "learn" chances are, they are just going to log in to see how the effect is done, and overall it takes a lot fo your magic, whatever the presentation that you could have given the fact that you said that you learned it from interten takes a lot from your performance.

first of all. not sure if this was National tv, but im sure they wont show all the effects on tv. second, people can already watch awesome shows like masked magician and youtube.
i doubt anyone is gonna go search up the trick and all that.
youtube already helps with that.
but anywho. congrats on gettin on tv.
i would have probably done some better tricks. but biddle was nice.

Jul 14, 2008
I wouldn't mention the sources of where you learned from. I agreed with RDChopper; everyone in the world will find out these effects and magic for this generation will be ruined.

I would agree with everyone else that saying the name of the site where the effects are sold is putting it out there that all us magicians,just buy the effects from some dealer then go out and perform them.Which leads to horrible performances on youtube and/or people trying to make exposure videos from the layperson that just heard the site name and bought the effect,and put no effort(most of the time)to practice the trick enough.

Other then that I'm curious to know which morning show it is.Since I live in greensboro NC?

Thats normally what I do when asked about the tricks I perform.I just say i've learned them through the years from books and practice.I've never had anyone really ask what books I learned them from.Well one time someone asked and I just told them it was in some home living magazine that I subscribed to.Then I talk about gardening and how to have a wonderful dream home.......not really.:D

I wouldn't mention the sources of where you learned from. I agreed with RDChopper; everyone in the world will find out these effects and magic for this generation will be ruined.

Wow, that is stretching it a lot... No, it probably wasn't the best idea to give out the names that he did, but I doubt this is on national tv, and this generation or magic won't be 'ruined' because one or two people may find this site. This generation can't really get much worse than it is now.

Anyway, congrats on getting on tv!

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 26, 2009
Canada
Don't be so hard on the guy. As soon as laymen see they have to pay 20-30 bucks for the trick, they wont. If they really wanted to, they could easily find out how to do most magic tricks for free, but chances are they won't do it.

You guys are missing the point here. Lets congratulate him for getting on TV, and getting a good enough reaction from his performances, to be asked about where to learn it.

Him mentioning this site wont spoil magic, it can only make it better.......

All the tricks are for sale, so only people truly motivated will buy and learn them....... and then we have gained another performer/creator under our belt.

Most of us on this site started off on Ellusionist, or at a library, so who are you to say that we cant offer this site, and the above alternatives as a way to get where we are.

It seems some people on these forums look to argue on every thread to prove they are better than everyone else in magic...... and its sadly, not the case!

WELL DONE on getting on TV, and having the balls to perform :D

Cheers,

Geraint

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
Don't be so hard on the guy. As soon as laymen see they have to pay 20-30 bucks for the trick, they wont. If they really wanted to, they could easily find out how to do most magic tricks for free, but chances are they won't do it.

But knowing that you can actually "buy the explanation from the internet" takes away the magic and any presentation that you could have given to the trick, thats my issue here.

REAPER

Elite Member
Feb 26, 2009
You guys are missing the point here. Lets congratulate him for getting on TV, and getting a good enough reaction from his performances, to be asked about where to learn it.

All the tricks are for sale, so only people truly motivated will buy and learn them....... and then we have gained another performer/creator under our belt.

Most of us on this site started off on Ellusionist, or at a library, so who are you to say that we cant offer this site, and the above alternatives as a way to get where we are.

It seems some people on these forums look to argue on every thread to prove they are better than everyone else in magic...... and its sadly, not the case!

Cheers,

Geraint

I agree, he was only spreading the artform and his intentions are to let it grow... You guys need to just take it easy, it is a good opportunity to get theory 11 out there.. Good job on getting on tv!! - Reaper

Cheers,

Geraint

yay someone stayed on topic!

and completely agreed, geraint.

Sep 20, 2007
But knowing that you can actually "buy the explanation from the internet" takes away the magic and any presentation that you could have given to the trick, thats my issue here.

That is the problem with magic. The magic art has turned into a magic industry and now nothing is even cool anymore. All magic is just little tricks you can buy off the internet.

btw, congrats on getting on tv

May 31, 2008
80% of people watching will look up those sites
50% will remember the names correctly
45% will find the sites
30% will be interested
3% will buy the effects

I say no harm done, in fact it may have encouraged more people to start magic.

Congrats on getting on TV, any way you can get your performance up on the media section?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results