Wkirk1467

Elite Member
Jun 27, 2016
Salt Lake City, Utah
Some tricks I create or perform require me to destroy or make cards unusable. I am always left with partial decks that have no use to me. I hate to waste good cards but have no idea what to use them for. Any ideas?

Reactions: 010rusty
Jul 26, 2016
Wow! Some really good ideas have been posted here! You can also use them for packet tricks such as 8-card brainwave, Twisting the aces, Dr. Daley's Last Trick, the 8-Card "Lie Detector" trick, etc. I like to make up sets of 3 Card Monte with them, which is my favorite card trick and a universal audience pleaser. For example, I will use a red queen and two black eights, or a red king and two black whatevers (e.g. 7 of clubs and 7 of spades), or maybe a red ace and two black cards of the same value. As long as the "money card" is a different color from the two indifferent cards of the same color and value, you are good to go...

Since I do a lot of bar/restaurant work, I provide the bartender with several cards at the beginning of the night. When I am ready to do a trick involving him, I cue him ahead of time which card to get ready. Then I will force a card, control it to top or bottom, palm it off and hand the deck to the spectator to look through, instructing him/her to mentally say, "That is my card" when they see their card. As they are distracted doing this,I just casually pocket the card. Of course, they go through the entire deck, but do not see their card, and are blown away by the vanish. But it gets even better when I say to the bartender, "Joel, have you seen X's card anywhere around here?" When the spectators look up at the bartender, they see him with his arms folded and the card on his forehead. It's a wonderful moment, that plays big, and never fails to evoke a lot of laughter...

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results