It's Reality for ya...

Sep 1, 2007
lolz!!!11! Jerry is devos boifrend, so lets not listen to h1m! D&D 4evar!!

And people call me crazy when I say this place is like a cult.

I'm not going to do a stage, but I need to get the EOPCF before I do the "fun" stuff.

Dude... You are missing the point... Flourishing is supposed to be fun! If you like J5 then DO IT!!! Lets face reality, none of us are ever going to be another D&D or Jerry Cestowski, so why try? Pick what you like. Or better yet, how bout we all be like Andrei and come up with a combination of both that results in an awesome new style?

On another note, I wouldn't "waste" your money on EOPCF. Sure it's packed with a ton of stuff, but trying to practice all that? Man you wont get to the "fun stuff" until you are and old geezer. I would reccomend buying XB1, which teaches basics. With XB1 you will get the best of EOPCF, without all the filler crap, and for half the price.

Overall, do what you like. If you aren't planning on doing a show and what not, just do it cause you love it.

hahaha btw- If you love Andrei so much, why not just wait for his DVD so you can be him instead of trying to copy Jerry, who you dont seem to be in love with? LOL

Dude... You are missing the point... Flourishing is supposed to be fun! If you like J5 then DO IT!!!
So if your a proffesional xcmer your not having fun? Having fun means to stay in your room play with your cards and post webcam videos?
Lets face reality, none of us are ever going to be another D&D or Jerry Cestowski, so why try? Pick what you like. Or better yet, how bout we all be like Andrei and come up with a combination of both that results in an awesome new style?
How do you know. A few years ago Andrei was a typical forum member like us on HL. Look at him now.

On another note, I wouldn't "waste" your money on EOPCF. Sure it's packed with a ton of stuff, but trying to practice all that? Man you wont get to the "fun stuff" until you are and old geezer. I would reccomend buying XB1, which teaches basics. With XB1 you will get the best of EOPCF, without all the filler crap, and for half the price.
Steerpike basically got you on this one. I bet you would also recommend the trilogy eh. One part of xcm is the dedication you have to it. Your telling him not to buy EOPCF because he would have to practice alot? Wtf are you high. Also another thing. Xb is a dvd made for beginnerz. Are you saying the best material in the EOPCF are simple charliers and thumb cuts? Do you even have the book? What about L cuts, indicies fans, fan within fans, one handed waterfall, double armspreads, etc.

UnknownMagician93;238941Overall said:
Once again:rolleyes: If people do xcm for a living and do stage shows are you saying that they don't love what there doing.

UnknownMagician93;238941hahaha btw- If you love Andrei so much said:
Jerry gave him some helpful advice. Just because he wants to buy one of his products doesn't mean he's gonna be his clone.

Sep 20, 2008
What I am saying is that the moves MLB considers fun are moves like J5. Why waste his time practicing other stuff just cause some pro recommended it? He should do what he wants and not be influenced.

He does provide a valid argument. I wouldnt say practicing basics is a 'waste of time' but it'll surely help avoid critical mistakes in the future.

At the end of the day, Flourishing, 'XCM' or 'Cardistry' will be a hobby, And the purpose of a hobby is to do something that you like.

Hell if Dan Buck told me to buy something i'd buy a dozen of it. Purely cause he's awesome. (Where's that strikethrough text when you need it.)

Sep 1, 2007
Dude... You are missing the point... Flourishing is supposed to be fun! If you like J5 then DO IT!!! Lets face reality, none of us are ever going to be another D&D or Jerry Cestowski, so why try? Pick what you like. Or better yet, how bout we all be like Andrei and come up with a combination of both that results in an awesome new style?

Bolded for the wtf moment.

On another note, I wouldn't "waste" your money on EOPCF. Sure it's packed with a ton of stuff, but trying to practice all that? Man you wont get to the "fun stuff" until you are and old geezer.

Using that same logic, we can also (erroneously) invalidate The Jinx, Modern Coin Magic, Card College, 13 Steps to Mentalism, Mark Wilson's Complete Course in Magic, etc.

hahaha btw- If you love Andrei so much, why not just wait for his DVD so you can be him instead of trying to copy Jerry, who you dont seem to be in love with? LOL

I can actually feel my brain sobbing.

What I am saying is that the moves MLB considers fun are moves like J5. Why waste his time practicing other stuff just cause some pro recommended it? He should do what he wants and not be influenced.

Have you noticed that all artists in all genres at some point in their interviews talk about this thing called influences? I've never seen a more gross misuse of the term than what you did there.

Furthermore, I'm seriously dedicated to becoming a vocalist and making my own music. The songs I write are a hybrid of Goth rock, power metal, and doom metal.

Does that mean I should stop listening to Warren Zevon? That I should stop looking for new music and trying to expand my horizons?

Proffesional Xcmer? you can get payed for it now?hows that?
Its a legitimate question not making fun...yet

The art hasn't really caught on in America yet, but De'vo actually had a long performance history at the US embassy in Belgium not that long ago. That's the first example that leaps to my mind, at least. Don't quote me on this, but from what I understand manipulation artistry has a decent audience in the European nightclub scene.

Sep 1, 2007
California
Plenty of people have performed flurishing routines for laymen. Some are routine performers. I'm pretty sure Mike from DN/UC has performed live (paid) as well as Fletch.

Quote:
On another note, I wouldn't "waste" your money on EOPCF. Sure it's packed with a ton of stuff, but trying to practice all that? Man you wont get to the "fun stuff" until you are and old geezer.

Using that same logic, we can also (erroneously) invalidate The Jinx, Modern Coin Magic, Card College, 13 Steps to Mentalism, Mark Wilson's Complete Course in Magic, etc.\

There is a difference though. In magic, not knowing a DL will not allow you to learn a vast majority of tricks. In flourishing, I can do a J5 without(!) buying EOPCF. So again I say- MLB, Do what YOU want.

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
ah ok.
I have a feeling though that its not going to catch on here as well with the american audiences.
And im sure over there its very theatrical,not here where the most I see are self-contained flourishes.

Jan 27, 2008
One thing I'm sick of is hypocrites that talk about live performing and what pleases laymen when they spend all their time on the forums and don't have much more variety than 2 handed cuts and a few fans themselves.
Anywho, my advice would be to post less on the forums and find your own way out through the maze that is the first year of cardistry. If your goal is to perform for layman that's awesome, you just don't need to base your whole style on a 'stage' routine that de'vo likes to talk so much about; get out there and perform and see what catches peoples eye.

Two more things, I would say that getting the EoPCF is a must if you really love this stuff, and Jerry is not a 'professional' flourisher. De'vo is also not a 'professional' "xcmer" (lol) as to be a professional at something, it needs to be your profession, something you make your living off of.

Sep 1, 2007
There is a difference though. In magic, not knowing a DL will not allow you to learn a vast majority of tricks. In flourishing, I can do a J5 without(!) buying EOPCF. So again I say- MLB, Do what YOU want.

So if you learn 1 move and one move only, that means you're good enough and can stop learning?

No, your advice is frankly poisonous. MLM is saying, "You know, I want to get better at flourishing. Maybe I should take Jerry's advice and try learning some new things. Maybe I'll like them."

Your response is the intellectual equivalent of, "Reading is gay. You wanna get baked?"

Two more things, I would say that getting the EoPCF is a must if you really love this stuff, and Jerry is not a 'professional' flourisher. De'vo is also not a 'professional' "xcmer" (lol) as to be a professional at something, it needs to be your profession, something you make your living off of.

I can't speak for Jerry, but I know that De'vo made a living at this performing at the US embassy in Belgium for years. Something I had already pointed out last night. Durr-hey!

It's such a chore being smarter than everyone else sometimes.

I think you missed my point. Missed it by a long shot.... What MLB made it sound like is that he considers cuts like J5 "Fun" but because some highly regarded flourisher (Jerry C.) told him that cuts are limited, he has decided to buy EOPCF. So what I am saying to him is that he needs to do what he thinks is fun and entertaining, not what Jerry thinks he should do. Because Cardistry is supposed to be fun right?

So, because of Certain people (NooBs who misunderstand things), I will say it A THIRD TIME:
MLB, DO WHAT YOU WANT.

Sep 1, 2007
So what I am saying to him is that he needs to do what he thinks is fun and entertaining, not what Jerry thinks he should do. Because Cardistry is supposed to be fun right?

Oh really? Your words:

The advice Jerry gave was sound, but you're disagreeing with it anyway and babbling some hollow, feel-good rhetoric because... hell, I don't even know.

So, because of Certain people (NooBs who misunderstand things), I will say it A THIRD TIME:
MLB, DO WHAT YOU WANT.

Unless it involves buying the Encyclopedia of Playing Card Flourishes because, hey! **** Jerry!

Jesus haploid Christ, why am I even here?

Haha! :D

Just got back from D.C and my head hurts.

So...... Jerry gave me great advice, but I will stick to what I am doing now, which is basically, learning everything; two-handed cuts, fans, displays, and a lot more!!! I think its best to know everything!

Such as material from D&D, Jerry, Andrei, D+M, and so on.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results