Magic Related Habits

Nov 8, 2009
Hello all.

Earlier today I was grabbing a bottle of water from the fridge, and I noticed that every time I open the bottle, I classic palm the cap, almost automatically. After thinking about this for a while, I wondered how many other habits I have developed through the constant practice of magic and manipulation.

So I'm asking everybody to think about their daily life, and post some habits that you know have developed from your experience with magic.

I'm looking forward to the responses.

Dec 11, 2010
America
While talking to friends and family, I steal small items from them. Its usually funny at dinner stealing a fork or spoon from them, then after they ask for or get another utensil i say its right here and give it back to them. Drives them crazy. haha

Apr 4, 2011
Hey there,

With coins i ll classic palm it unintentionally, just like Spade444, and with pen or pencil, flip stick move will come naturally, and with credit card, the Dischover by Danny G or tenkai palm will always be done by me. How about the rest of the forum member?

Cheers!

XabierL

Elite Member
Aug 14, 2010
When I've to pay something I do false transfers with the coins while I wait...

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
I'm a bartender so every time I open a beer the cap goes into classic palm, and I like to false transfer coin change and give them an empty hands worth.

I tenkai my MVP, Kroger Plus and VIC Cards at grocery stores and usually pluck them out of the air when asked if I have one.

I also like to make pens vanish into their caps when done with them...

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Tenkai or throw vanish credit / debit cards while standing in grocery store. People around me probably think something is wrong with me. Ha Ha. Especially since I am 33.

Dec 20, 2009
Mumbai, India
The classic palming things like Spade444 said. Flipstick with pens, Charlier cut two boxes of anything square/rectangular (Gum,tic tacs, erasers). I also do the Jones spin with practically everything, if its something thats too big for that like a TV remote or cell phone then I do the Revolution Flipback. If theres no object around I also do those finger exercises from the Trilogy. Another super weird thing is when Im in a moving vehicle, I try to spot people who would be perfect magic targets. I always think you should target performing for two sorts of people, either those who are having a good time already in a group or those who seem unoccupied. The first may get you a better reaction, but if your performing style is cheerful, it may just brighten someone's day. So I keep an eye out for such people,even when I don't intend to perform its sort of a habit now.

- Jenai

May 25, 2010
I almost always automatically Downs palm a cap from a bottle to hold it so I can drink out of the bottle. I did this a few times today, in fact.
When playing cards with my friends I almost always do a push through shuffle and/or and up-the-ladder cut.

These are really interesting to read. Thanks for starting this thread!

XabierL

Elite Member
Aug 14, 2010
I almost always automatically Downs palm a cap from a bottle to hold it so I can drink out of the bottle. I did this a few times today, in fact.
When playing cards with my friends I almost always do a push through shuffle and/or and up-the-ladder cut.

These are really interesting to read. Thanks for starting this thread!

Oh, I also "cheat" when playing cards with friends... I bottom deal random cards, second deal even if I dont know which card is in top of the pack... Its a lot of fun!

Oct 18, 2010
With my phone im always doing a revolution flip back and do a sicors cut with tic tac boxes and always palm a cap when i open a bottle.

Oct 12, 2009
Navarre, Florida
I try to figure out a way to palm, vanish and produce pretty much anything I can get my hands on. For a while I'd practice color changes for my credit card to my ID. Say you buy beer and present your credit card, they say they need ID and you can snap change your card into your ID.

Jul 16, 2011
i spin my phone, classic palm bottle caps, and finger palm matches
Non physical related habits:
- I tend to not take anything for granted anymore. I thinks about what happens behind the scenes of every issue, and I'm very analitical Ex, I will look at a simple evryday objects and think about all the work that went into making it. I got this habit from knowing how many little slights and subtleties go into a simple magic effect
- I tend to "read" people alot better, and their mood, and if what theyre saying is genuine or not. I got this habit from practicing audience management and psycology.

Magic truly changes the way that we think, and how we live our everyday lives

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results