Magician's appearances changing?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jflo38, Jul 28, 2009.

1. How does that saying go?...

"It's not what you wear... it's what you do."

Or something like that... I mean... don't be a slob, but yeah... you don't have to be fancy if you don't like it.

-PTG

2. thanks for summing up what i said. Nice to know someone's on the same page...

3. I think that is best to dress the way you would normally (assuming your "being yourself) but a little bit nicer. For example, my normal wardrobe consists of faded jeans and ratty T-shirts. When I go out to perform magic, I usually wear my normal faded jeans, but a nicer shirt and a fitted hat.

If you're playing a character, it's best to dress for your character. If you're a fast-talking-old-timey-close-up magician, a tux could work for you. If you're a David Blaine style guy, jeans and a T-shirt are awesome.

4. I guess another point is "Jeans and a T-shirt" can mean different things depending on where you are.

5. It's all in how you want to dress. Clothes don't make the magician. Plus I wouldn't want to put on a top hat and coat tails to perform anywhere.

6. Geez its like all the dress styles people know here is formal and street/grunge.