Making my own magic website

Bizzaro

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
Vegas
www.smappdooda.com
From someone who makes websites and does graphics allow me to point you in a few directions. One of them is www.webpagesthatsuck.com (learn good web design by looking at bad web design)

A magicians website can be one of two things. A ego site where you make it just to stroke your own.. well.. you know. Or it can be a business site. In the right balance it can be both, but that's a hard thng to reach. One tip - don't put photos of you with other "Famous" magicians. No one cares. Seriously.

Anywho, you need to think of content before you think website. You need professional looking photos done that can be integrated into the site and displayed. If you have video even better. However, if the video is just crotch shots of you on youtube, don't bother.

A website for a professional magician should be an online promo kit. Something people who want to hire you can look at and go to see what you do. If you are just going to want a "LOL I do magic on the weekends" site, stick to Myspace or some such.

If you really care about magic and want to contribute to not only it but your own career, do the right thing and make the right thing.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results