Mastering a new trick

Jan 7, 2008
I'm looking for a trick to master.
A trick I already can do, but not good or a new trick.
I want a trick that's not too easy and not too hard.

What do you think hits hard?
What trick do you think I should master?

Confusing wording there...well I'll try.

I don't know your skill or what tricks ya know but I'll tell ya, having a good ACR routine is always a killer, practice it to perfection and you'll find yourself doing it all the time.
Besides 'classic' tricks that you refine, a good effect I'd say is...wow I just relised (<--not spelled right) I don't own much in single effects...I could reccommend D+M's One and III notes :p

Might not be too helpful,

~PaCo

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
A good ACR is always powerful, but make sure you change it up.

Biddle trick is always fun and never fails to impress.

d+M's III is more concerned with sleights then actually effects but ONE is amazing I don't think there is a day that goes past when I don't use something from it.

Dec 22, 2007
Triumph? thats a good trick, and it takes a while to master. there are different kinds, but i recommend an in-the-hands one.

Dec 29, 2007
Outside Oslo, Norway
Bah, being norwegian is no excuse for poor language skills :D Well, in all seriousness I recommend some "in the face"- magic. Tivo 2.0 is a great trick, all the material from the triology is great. Some of it is pretty hard to master, because of its "flourishy manner", but you can simplify pretty much everything ! ;)

I suggest thinking what you want your fans to see. Don't worry about what you think is too hard, too easy, too purple, too hungry, or too happy. In my eyes tivo 2.0 is a "camera trick" only you know what style works for you. That and once you get one look of amazement from something you created, it's well worth the 4 months you spent working on it.

Dec 13, 2007
2 card monte is a great trick to master

also the invisible palm... i found that it hits really hard and i've gotten some great reactions... i was hired at a dinner party and i performed this at least 10 times

Dec 28, 2007
Finland
Invisible Palm is trick by Larry Jenning (sorry "loyal follower of Marlo" ;)) and multiple handlings for it can be found in Jennings 67'. Paul Harris' handling is also popular, and it can be found in Art of Astonishment or Las Vegas Close-Up.

You should master one trick you already know, and you like.

Invisible Palm is trick by Larry Jenning (sorry "loyal follower of Marlo" ;)) and multiple handlings for it can be found in Jennings 67'. Paul Harris' handling is also popular, and it can be found in Art of Astonishment or Las Vegas Close-Up.
As a Marlo freak, I feel the urge to correct you!
Jennings created the original one which is called Open Travellers, Marlo actually had a version ( he called it the Invisible Palm too ) which uses angle palms to achive a very clean handling.

I've seen it on video, VHS called Private Studies I believe, I'm honestly not sure, buts its there for sure.

to the original poster ( Hero0804 ) whats you're card level? Give us some info so we can recommend something for you, whats hard for us might be easy for you, or vice versa!

For starters, why not spending money on something that has more than one trick, so you can pick whatever you want? Big Blind Media has lots of good DVDs recently.

And by the way, search yourself for a trick. The joy you can get by looking up tricks yourself in enormous. What I did is I opened up the "Books" category of any major online magic shop, browse the books, see something that interests me, google for reviews, and there you have it.

Better to teach you how to fish instead of giving you one. :)

~ Feras

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results