Michael Jackson lean trick?

I've to agree with Draven on this one. Common knowledge and public domain don't render something free of exposure. The Balducci Levitation is public knowledge and can easily be found on numerous YouTube videos. Quick, easy, and accessible.

In any case, I recently sold my Lean before MJ's death. It's kind of unfortunate; I would've loved to use it as a tribute to him sometime in the future. It's surprising how saddening it is to think about how he's not with us anymore; he was an admirable figure in music, pop culture, humanity, and magic. I highly recommend the Malloy product. It's (moderately) practical for street work if you don't mind sticking with one location and a decent amount of set-up. I think buskers and television workers would use this most successfully in the street environment. In my opinion, it was made for the stage, but I've used it in spontaneous settings before. Part of the gimmick is extremely big and heavy so I think that something worth noting before shelling out the cash for it.

RS.

Umm just to let everyone know that this is not enough to accomplish this illusion, there is plenty of other things needed to do this trick. Personaly I do not think malloy's trick is expensive, if you are a working stage performer.

b+w

Dec 10, 2008
York, United Kingdom
I can't believe people are getting mad at magic "exposure" on a MAGIC website.

There's a difference between exposure on a magic website and on youtube. Everyone on this website does magic, why should someone who does magic be denied to find out where to buy a magic product?

-Ben

Oct 21, 2007
www.hi5.com

There's a difference between exposure on a magic website and on youtube. Everyone on this website does magic, why should someone who does magic be denied to find out where to buy a magic product?

-Ben

He's not being denied, I gave him a link where it is available for purchase.

May 31, 2008

-Ben

It is a forum rule:

Teaching of ALL effects and/or sleights, moves, etc. is not permitted. Feel free to post performances in our Media section, though. I hear it’s the bomb diggity… times ten.

Also we did not deny him on where to buy the product.

Sep 2, 2007
1: MJ's particular method is patented so other lean methods are probably simalar but not the exact same (he and his dancers used this on stage)

2. Cyrils lean gimmicks is also, I believe, exclusive to him

3: after all of this research in one of my faveorite stage effects I still haven;t scrounged up the money to buy it :p

Dec 16, 2008
Toledo, OH
i also would like to know if you can wear the gimmick all day and be able to do the lean at moments notice, and go on about your day, or are you limited to a certain amount of time to wear it.

thanks

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results