My Teacher

Your kidding...

Its a deck of cards, if it means so much I will send you a damn deck.

The poor teacher, by the sounds of things the class was quiet rude to her after she 'Ripped the Cards' so it wouldnt surprise me if they were rude to her before hand aswell.

Also, how many cards did she rip up? I mean, a card is fairly simple to rip, but any more than 2 or 3 and it gets fairly difficult...

Get over it, sometimes teachers make mistakes, we all do.

Oct 17, 2007
Aussie NSW
Hello guys,

first of all i would like to say that i am 27 and i happen to be a teacher at an elementary school. I am into card magic as a hobby for almost 1 year and a half.

I would just want to comment some things:

1) In my school, we do not allow kids to use any type of gambling accesories, including playing cards

2) I dont know the rules of your school, but your teacher`s first mistake was allowing you to play cards in the classroom

3) Her second mistake was to rip them, if she wanted you to stop, she had to tell you to stop,

4) If she did tell you to stop and you didnt, she could take the cards from you and give them back after the lesson

5) You guys dont be so hurry to judje the teacher before knowing her side of the story

6) Are you sure you didnt do anything to make her angry?

7) Are you sure you didnt take advantage of her kindness to let you play with cards in the classroom, even though you know (and i am sure for that) that playing with cards in the classroom is not allowed

8) I can only consider as jokes the suggestions of some people here for physical violence. You do know that the same way students have rights, so do teachers

9) One comment for the law suit joke, are you serious? The teacher made a mistake, how many mistakes do you make a day in school? We ALL make mistakes

To sum up, i ve been a student too guys and i know how some of you feel in school, but believe me, if you show the proper respect to your teachers, the majority of them will show you back even more respect

Lets get back to magic!

1) we are allowed cards im not ssure about ther gambling accesories but i just cant gamble ( i dont anyway.)

2) she said i could use the cards

3-4)yes i dont se why she didnt just say stop or confiscate them.

5)she said at the end of the lesson " You know why i did that right."
i said no i dont.( respectfully)

6) im sure i didnt make her angry she was angry at other students.

7) im allowed to play with my cards if im finished and i was.

8)I dont think i will be physically harming a 70 year old woman or 60 or something.

i do show respect to my teachers.

Oct 17, 2007
Aussie NSW
Your kidding...

Its a deck of cards, if it means so much I will send you a damn deck.

The poor teacher, by the sounds of things the class was quiet rude to her after she 'Ripped the Cards' so it wouldnt surprise me if they were rude to her before hand aswell.

Also, how many cards did she rip up? I mean, a card is fairly simple to rip, but any more than 2 or 3 and it gets fairly difficult...

Get over it, sometimes teachers make mistakes, we all do.

I know its just a deck but she had no right to rip up the cards. i wouldnt have cared if she confiscated them till next week.but she had no right to rip up the cards

Sep 3, 2007
I'm sorry, I must still be a little hungover from last night. Are people actually suggesting filing a lawsuit for 5 bucks?

It's a good thing that would never work, because who would you sue to get your dignity back?

GOD, kids won't stop at their parents and teachers. Next step, sue GOD for creating them. When I went to school they could actually kick you out, suspended or even forever. And taking cards now is like taking candy from a baby.

Sep 3, 2007
I know its just a deck but she had no right to rip up the cards. i wouldnt have cared if she confiscated them till next week.but she had no right to rip up the cards

The obvious solution then would be for the guy to talk to his parents and move him to a different school. Maybe like a gambling school where they let you play with your toys during class. But of course then they would take your pencil away. What a tragety.

Please try and use punctuation next time.

Anyway, there is only one situation where a teacher could in fact take away the cards. They can take them away if the are not allowed in school. For example many private and Catholic schools feel that cards are there to be used when gambling. They don't let you have these because they think you might be gambling.

However, if cards are allowed in your school, andshe told you that she would let you use them, then that is completely innapropriate. Before you get her in trouble you may want to try this:

Find her and ask if you could come talk to her at lunch. Hopefully she'll say Okay. When you sit down with her, explain your feelings and ask her to give you a reason for what she did. If there simply is no good answer then tell her that you are going to the priceipals office.

If she can give you a valid reason such as, she was very angry and didn't know what she was doing. And she apologizes. then, I would tell her that you won't take it to the principal but you would like her to replace your deck of cards. Write down the name of the cards so she doesn't forget. EX: "Blue Bicycle playing cards." Also, if you live somewhere where Bikes aren't sold, then you should give her a website to buy from.

If she refuses to replace the cards or if she refuses to have lunch with you then go to the principal. These are my thoughts on this subject.

Your friendly neighborhood spider-man,
Dylan P.

Oct 17, 2007
Aussie NSW
Please try and use punctuation next time.

Anyway, there is only one situation where a teacher could in fact take away the cards. They can take them away if the are not allowed in school. For example many private and Catholic schools feel that cards are there to be used when gambling. They don't let you have these because they think you might be gambling.

However, if cards are allowed in your school, andshe told you that she would let you use them, then that is completely innapropriate. Before you get her in trouble you may want to try this:

Find her and ask if you could come talk to her at lunch. Hopefully she'll say Okay. When you sit down with her, explain your feelings and ask her to give you a reason for what she did. If there simply is no good answer then tell her that you are going to the priceipals office.

If she can give you a valid reason such as, she was very angry and didn't know what she was doing. And she apologizes. then, I would tell her that you won't take it to the principal but you would like her to replace your deck of cards. Write down the name of the cards so she doesn't forget. EX: "Blue Bicycle playing cards." Also, if you live somewhere where Bikes aren't sold, then you should give her a website to buy from.

If she refuses to replace the cards or if she refuses to have lunch with you then go to the principal. These are my thoughts on this subject.

Your friendly neighborhood spider-man,
Dylan P.
thanks spider man thats a good idea
i dont think she will replace the cards though if she does she will by some cheap brand.

Oct 6, 2007
Sure its sad...
But im really tired of reading of kids get rip their cards up in school or what so ever?
This is a magic forum , "not a look at my teacher did to me, feel sorry for me forum" or maybe I did misunderstood something?

Exactly. Yeah, I would be pissed if my teacher did the same, but waht you gonna do about it?

You shouldn't even have taken your cards out even if the teacher said I could. I wouldn't dare do that!

You're at bloody SCHOOL! Learn something from school. Don't take out cards and play a card game. Stop wastign your life!

I'm really tired of hearing hese 'mini magicians' talk bout their sad lives in school and how teachers rip their cards. JUST DON'T TAKE OUT CARDS IN CLASS DAMMIT!

Oh and no wonder your punctuation sucks- you play cards when you're supposed to be learning english...

Dec 22, 2007
the priest at my school did the same thing, even though the teacher said i could. and it was during freakin recess! he's a jerk.

anyway, why wouldn't he take his cards out, the teacher told him he could. and he was finished with all his work so he had nothing better to do. why is it wrong for him to play with cards. better than doing nothing.

Sep 1, 2007
San Diego
ok, guys............
in 8th grade we were learning about the constitution and all that crap.

you CANT take someone to court for less than 20 bucks.
unless you throw in how hurt you were and emotional pain.........which.........its a deck of cards, noone is going to cry

so, you cant take her to court

Oct 6, 2007
the priest at my school did the same thing, even though the teacher said i could. and it was during freakin recess! he's a jerk.

anyway, why wouldn't he take his cards out, the teacher told him he could. and he was finished with all his work so he had nothing better to do. why is it wrong for him to play with cards. better than doing nothing.

So what?

The point of school is now to play cards whenever you have time? Do that at home, in the toilet, in prison, whatever.

In his free time, he can get ahead of everyone else, learn more stuff, make his life easier in the future.

You kids have A LOT to learn

Sep 1, 2007
I'm going to be honest and say that I think this is more ridiculous than the story of the guy wearing a Theory 11 shirt and busting out mad flourishes with Guardians only to say how much he hates Theory 11, slap the cards out of that guy's hands, and leave.

It's a deck of cards. Everyone saying "Oh go to the principal and get her in trouble" is either immature or hungover. I'm gonna say it again. It's a deck of cards, suck it up. I really don't think you're telling the whole story here, either. She went from being nice and allowing you to play a card game to angry and ripping up half of your deck in a matter of minutes?

Oct 17, 2007
Aussie NSW
Exactly. Yeah, I would be pissed if my teacher did the same, but waht you gonna do about it?

You shouldn't even have taken your cards out even if the teacher said I could. I wouldn't dare do that!

You're at bloody SCHOOL! Learn something from school. Don't take out cards and play a card game. Stop wastign your life!

I'm really tired of hearing hese 'mini magicians' talk bout their sad lives in school and how teachers rip their cards. JUST DON'T TAKE OUT CARDS IN CLASS DAMMIT!

Oh and no wonder your punctuation sucks- you play cards when you're supposed to be learning english...
cmon no one and i mean no one would do it during english not even me.

Oct 17, 2007
Aussie NSW
So what?

The point of school is now to play cards whenever you have time? Do that at home, in the toilet, in prison, whatever.

In his free time, he can get ahead of everyone else, learn more stuff, make his life easier in the future.

You kids have A LOT to learn

im ahead of everyone else in english and i was in french with a sub she doesnt know what to do next i even asked her.If there was more she should have told me

Oct 17, 2007
Aussie NSW
I'm going to be honest and say that I think this is more ridiculous than the story of the guy wearing a Theory 11 shirt and busting out mad flourishes with Guardians only to say how much he hates Theory 11, slap the cards out of that guy's hands, and leave.

It's a deck of cards. Everyone saying "Oh go to the principal and get her in trouble" is either immature or hungover like Steerpike. I'm gonna say it again. It's a deck of cards, suck it up. I really don't think you're telling the whole story here, either. She went from being nice and allowing you to play a card game to angry and ripping up half of your deck in a matter of minutes?

no she was angry at this one guy and told him to get out of the room but he never did so that made her angryier

Sep 1, 2007
Can you at least try to make real sentences and spell words correctly? I know I'm sounding like a jerk right now, but you're in 8th grade!

Oct 8, 2007
First of all, your compositions do very little to prove that you're ahead of your class in English. Surely you understand what I'm saying.

For those who say it's just a deck of cards... Yes, it is just a deck of cards, but the thing here is not that a simple deck of cards was ripped. It's the fact that she did something that was, in my opinion, uncalled for. Sure it's just a deck of cards, sure the cashier didn't give you your change of 50 cents*, sure a schoolmate of yours took your pen without borrowing*; but it's the very act of doing something as such that needs to be addressed. And also, the attitudes of some members towards these kinds of happenings.

If you allow these "little things" to happen, they'll just continue to do so. They start small and grow into what the more mature guys here would consider "more serious" matters. Even the smallest of these issues shouldn't be taken as lightly. Show some consideration. It's not just the deck of cards, it's the morals behind what she did that was worth looking into. My parents told me never to let others put you down, and letting these acts go are doing just that.

From what he's saying, the teacher allowed him to use cards, and that already means nothing is wrong with it. He did what was assigned to him and he asked permission to use the cards. The ripping of the cards was probably the teacher's outlet for her anger. But still, I think it doesn't justify her actions at all. In my opinion, the teacher is at the wrong end here. Take necessary actions, but really, never do anything physical or go to the extremes of filing lawsuits. I'm sure this can all be worked out.

And by the way, can't you see that the guy shared his experience here because he thought you guys would have something to say? Maybe he put it here because he's a fellow magician and his story has cards in it, but he shared nonetheless.

PS: Please, mini magician, do something about your writing.

Nov 30, 2007
Don't sue over a deck of cards, that is just ridiculous. Just don't play with cards in school even if a teacher says its okay.

May 23, 2008
to mini magician, I think you should consult the teacher and ask her why she ripped YOUR cards for something the OTHER students did. and if she comes up with a bogus reason, consult the principle but don't file a lawsuit or anything like that. that is way to drastic for a deck of cards. dont get me wrong I would be pissed if a teacher ripped my cards, but you know what to do... (hopefully) :D

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results