Need Help!

Jun 25, 2008
Guys im stuck, i need a new effect......not a regular effect no.......but an effect that would blow someones under pants off!!!!(In a reasonable price range of course:p) It doesnt matter what type of trick it is just please give me some suggestions.

Thanks, Theguardian123456

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
how to do street magic by brad Christian...

On a serious note, maybe its a time that you look back at what you have and see if you have practiced them enough, or perfected them, maybe you have very good tricks and you can get crazy reactions with them but you dont do them they way they could work for you.... That's my advice... but if you still want to get something new, maybe exile(when the 2 edition comes out) it looks like a easy trick, and it can get awesome reactions...

peace out brother.

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
Derren Brown's The Devil's Picturebook.
It isn't a single trick dvd which is good and it is without doubt the best dvd I own.
Get it. You won't regret it.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Sigh. What do you like? Who do you like?

If you want new stuff, it's not much use asking people for recommended specific stuff. Every once in a while you'll hit something you like, but you'll never make the most of it like this. Identify something you like, a type of effect, a particular plot, homing card for example. Ask us about this, or ask us about a particular person. Then go out and research what you want, look through everything, and you decide what you like best. The way to blow someone's underpants off is to make the effect yours.

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
Derren Brown's The Devil's Picturebook.
It isn't a single trick dvd which is good and it is without doubt the best dvd I own.
Get it. You won't regret it.

No. No offense, but someone asking a question like this is going to get nothing from that DVD.

You don't need a new effect, you want another one that's going to fool people, in which case I recommend The Berglas Effect. :)

I end my rant there, as Praetorite (yet again) says it best.

- Sean

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
No. No offense, but someone asking a question like this is going to get nothing from that DVD.

You don't need a new effect, you want another one that's going to fool people, in which case I recommend The Berglas Effect. :)

- Sean

Hmm probably. Still an awsome DVD though.

Oct 5, 2008
Almada, Portugal
how to do street magic by brad Christian...

On a serious note, maybe its a time that you look back at what you have and see if you have practiced them enough, or perfected them, maybe you have very good tricks and you can get crazy reactions with them but you dont do them they way they could work for you.... That's my advice... but if you still want to get something new, maybe exile(when the 2 edition comes out) it looks like a easy trick, and it can get awesome reactions...

peace out brother.

I agree

Burned (fist trick of "how to do street magic") is great!!
I love perform it and is so easy and simple: it really looks like real magic.

this is what it looks like:

Burned
Spectator chooses a card, then thinks of the card. They draw a picture of the card on a slip of paper and fold the paper into quarters. The paper is burned to ashes. Performer takes the ashes and rubs them on his/her arm...the image of the card slowly and perfectly appears on the performer's forearm.Ends clean.

the only problem you can have with the trick is get a little dirty (because of the ashes),but they don't will burn you skin (if you wait a minute after the paper burns) ; tey come off easily with water.

Don't forget : the DVD comes with more amzing tricks

http://www.ellusionist.com/product/dvd+training/brad+christian/how+to+do+street+magic.do

Jot@

Last edited by a moderator:
May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
I agree

Burned
Spectator chooses a card, then thinks of the card. They draw a picture of the card on a slip of paper and fold the paper into quarters. The paper is burned to ashes. Performer takes the ashes and rubs them on his/her arm...the image of the card slowly and perfectly appears on the performer's forearm.

http://www.ellusionist.com/product/dvd+training/brad+christian/how+to+do+street+magic.do

Jot@

I think the sarcasm may have passed you by a little...

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
I agree

Burned
Spectator chooses a card, then thinks of the card. They draw a picture of the card on a slip of paper and fold the paper into quarters. The paper is burned to ashes. Performer takes the ashes and rubs them on his/her arm...the image of the card slowly and perfectly appears on the performer's forearm.

Jot@

If the guy buys the dvd, the blame it's on you buddy!

Nov 10, 2007

- Sean

What is the berglas effect?

Jan 10, 2008
Saw

Hey, Halloween's right around the corner and while i'm not a fan of 1 trick DVDs I can honestly say that "SAW" by Sean Fields was definately a worthy investment. It's an effect where you shove thread half way into your neck and slowly pull it out again, or you even have a spectator pull it out for you. The basic effect is virtually angle proof and very easy to master. Well worth 20 dollars in my opinion. It is available at Ellusionist.com

Oct 14, 2008
I would suggest taking a trip to the local library and picking up Mark Wilson's Complete Course in Magic. It won't cost you anything and there is some great material in there. One of my favorite effects in there is the wine glass production from under a silk. Its easy and extremely disceptive, this effect can be great ecspecially under the right circumstances, like if someone offers you a drink...you just pull out a silk and go right into the routine.

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
I would suggest taking a trip to the local library and picking up Mark Wilson's Complete Course in Magic. It won't cost you anything and there is some great material in there. One of my favorite effects in there is the wine glass production from under a silk. Its easy and extremely disceptive, this effect can be great ecspecially under the right circumstances, like if someone offers you a drink...you just pull out a silk and go right into the routine.

I seem to remember that there's a rather inconvenient setup for that one though, not the kind of thing you could sit around for half an hour with. Could be wrong though...:rolleyes:

Oct 14, 2008
Randomwrath, if you were sitting down you could easily just put the gimmick in your coat until read to peform, then position it and stand up and do it. Yes, you do have to carry a gimmick around with you that is the size of a wine glass, but this effect total baffles spectators.

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
Randomwrath, if you were sitting down you could easily just put the gimmick in your coat until read to peform, then position it and stand up and do it. Yes, you do have to carry a gimmick around with you that is the size of a wine glass, but this effect total baffles spectators.

I s'pose. This always was one of my favourites in the book but I've never had the oppertunity to use it to date...

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results