Pity Magic Isn't as Easy as Music

Sep 10, 2008
QLD, AUS
That probably requires defining what "insanely talented" is.

talent is usually relative, and musicians with what most people would define as "insane talent", would be: pioneers, such as Mozart, Dylan, Atkins; or extreme skill/interpretation and application of skill, such as Rubenstein, Lang Lang, Horowitz, Bernstein, arguably Ma.

Jan 5, 2010
Alabama
Give examples of "insanely talented" big names currently in pop music.

Jonas Brothers, Hannah Montana... Geeze, there's literally millions of them. (I'm joking! How they made it this far amazes me.)

Before that there was N'sync, The Backstreet Boys, 98 Degrees, Hanson.. seriously pop music was how good your producer was, how well you could choreograph, and whether prepubescent teens liked you or not.

Draven - Hilarious video, I loved it. It is true that some bands made it without ever knowing how to read music. Some people picked up power chords and a drummer and did it.

Jan 26, 2008
Sweden
Jonas Brothers, Hannah Montana... Geeze, there's literally millions of them. (I'm joking! How they made it this far amazes me.)

Before that there was N'sync, The Backstreet Boys, 98 Degrees, Hanson.. seriously pop music was how good your producer was, how well you could choreograph, and whether prepubescent teens liked you or not.

Draven - Hilarious video, I loved it. It is true that some bands made it without ever knowing how to read music. Some people picked up power chords and a drummer and did it.

You can be a musical genius without knowing how to read music or anything like that.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
I don't think many pop singers are "Insanely talented.". Sure, they have talent and are good singers. But they're not godly and there ARE better singers out there than the ones we can name. They just have good producers and song writers.

And if we are going to name ones that have no talent, yet have a career. All I am going to say is Ke$ha.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Unless you know the biography of the various pop stars, you're just making guesses as to how they got their fame. Some of them are a product of the music industry making a star out of them, and some of them have busted their asses to get where they are. None of them got where they are without SOME valuable trait.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
Unless you know the biography of the various pop stars, you're just making guesses as to how they got their fame. Some of them are a product of the music industry making a star out of them, and some of them have busted their asses to get where they are. None of them got where they are without SOME valuable trait.

Never said they didn't have ANY talent. Just that they weren't "Insanely Talented" like Wallmot or whatever mentioned.

Jul 13, 2009
x3 Products of the music industry? You mean products/Stars of Disney lol. Nah IDK if that is all true, just my general observation of who some of these pop bands are associated with.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Never said they didn't have ANY talent. Just that they weren't "Insanely Talented" like Wallmot or whatever mentioned.

Again, until you know the person's biography, do you really know how talented they are? I don't much follow pop music, but there have to be talented pop stars as well. Insanely so, even. Look at Madonna, for example. No one does that well, for that long, without having a lot of talent.

The simple dismissal that all pop stars are created by the industry is the same as dismissing Criss Angel because he's a product of his marketing. At some point, those people had to do something to get noticed. They had to have some talent, some trait that brings them above the rest of the masses that are trying to become stars.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
Again, until you know the person's biography, do you really know how talented they are? I don't much follow pop music, but there have to be talented pop stars as well. Insanely so, even. Look at Madonna, for example. No one does that well, for that long, without having a lot of talent.

The simple dismissal that all pop stars are created by the industry is the same as dismissing Criss Angel because he's a product of his marketing. At some point, those people had to do something to get noticed. They had to have some talent, some trait that brings them above the rest of the masses that are trying to become stars.

Dude, stop trying to twist my words around.

Again, I said that they weren't insanely talented. Some of them are very talented, and some of them are just byproducts of a good producer.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results