Power Word: Fall

Nov 5, 2007
When I first heard about this, I thought it was too good to be true...it certainly sounds it. Now, after reading reviews, I have decided to place my order. I'm looking forward to this one!

I am glad the reviews helped. :) What you see in the demo for Power Word: Fall is exactly what you are able to do with the effect, without ever handling the objects that will fall. It is pretty powerful, and I am excited to hear what you think. :) -Matt Sconce

Sep 19, 2007
Australia
if anyone was disappointed when they found out the secret/method for making this work, you simply MUST perform it before you even try to judge it.
I, for one, am slightly disappointed with what was needed to make this effect work, but then, just like Factory Sealed and Bullet, I gave it a shot, i performed it, and i swear to you, it will NEVER be left to dust until someone invent an even better version (one that requires the knowledge of real/voodoo magic xD).
Just give it a shot and perform it once, reactions you'll get is... *speechless*

Nov 5, 2007
if anyone was disappointed when they found out the secret/method for making this work, you simply MUST perform it before you even try to judge it.
I, for one, am slightly disappointed with what was needed to make this effect work, but then, just like Factory Sealed and Bullet, I gave it a shot, i performed it, and i swear to you, it will NEVER be left to dust until someone invent an even better version (one that requires the knowledge of real/voodoo magic xD).
Just give it a shot and perform it once, reactions you'll get is... *speechless*

Thanks for the review! My philosophy is that a method should be as simple as possible for the largest effect possible. I believe Power Word: Fall has a simple method and one of the biggest and most powerful effects I have ever seen. :) -Matt Sconce

Nov 5, 2007
Here is the newest review of Power Word: Fall.

On 2008-11-10 17:46, E.S. Andrews wrote:
I must join in the praise for Power Word: Fall. What a novel and ingenious use of a gimmick we all are familiar with! Even if you have a notion of what the gimmick is, I promise you will be surprised and pleased to discover how it is put to use. NO body movement, head movement, arm movement, hand movement, leg movement, foot movement, etc. is required to make the object fall. The performer remains still as a reed on a windless day. In that sense, speaking the power word really does cause the object to fall. You don't even have to say anything, for that matter. Whether you choose to speak a power word, exhale a gentle puff of air, or do nothing at all, you can make the desired object fall just as easily with your back turned to the action. The creator has covered all the bases in the DVD to get you on your way to performing this in a variety of settings, using a variety of objects, in various formations. In case you were wondering, no, nothing is attached to the falling object at any time. Personally, if I had figured this out I would have kept it to myself. Although not mentioned on the DVD, other applications of the principle are possible with a bit of thought.

Recommended!

E.S.

Sep 3, 2007
This is a superb effect. I showed this to my fiance who knows that there is always a method. A very smart girl. And although she "kind of" figured it out (that's how she works) she was unable to understand how it fell away instead of towards. So take your average spectator and perform this and they will undoubtedly second guess the laws of physics.

I didn't say a word, simply moved my hand forward and the pen fell over. The instant reaction was "how the .... did you do that." I said it was "Chi" from martial arts training, but it could be anything from a coincidence to a miracle. Just go easy on your specs with this one. No need to change someones belief system just because you can. Be responsible and make it clear that what you're about to do is an illusion.

[Edit] They might not believe you but it's best to at least bring it up.[/Edit]

Sep 19, 2007
Australia
lol! Chi! I laughed so hard xD
a VERY good one, y din i thought of that :p

i have been telling them that it works if you put ALL your concentration onto that one object (or more than one) n with a soft whisper, you can actually knock it down. If it didn't fall, means you didn't try hard enough.
It's kinda like in the Matrix, you have to let your mine go and then you will be able to leap like a giant frog xD

And guess what? they went back and tried for days, and they're still trying everyday with the "if he can do it, why can't I?" mentality.
That's how I like to do things. They believed you, they went home and try for days or weeks, and they spread the words to their friends, and they're friends try for days and weeks, and this went on and on and on...

I had them done the same thing with Dan Hauss' Flow too xD
i pity whoever they're doing this on, i know getting wet is not so nice sometimes, but hey, at least they're trying hard, and if they succeed.......... nah, they wont xP

And same thing with Robert Smith's Wounded. I came up with a story that how Christians believe we humans are created with an image of God himself. I then added that there was this rumor that says those who were born after jesus christ was crucified, will carry the scar of jesus christ with them. The more you sin, the bigger the scar will be, it'll get so big that you might bleed sometimes... ONLY if you believe in jesus christ.
And we all see people make milk runnin down from their eyes, we see they even pull out noodles from they eyes... and then added you could use the same principle to bleed from your eyes.

I know a long part of this isn't supposed to be here, but i'm just trying to share how i tackled Power Word: Fall, like i would on those other effects mentioned above.

An effect with its original concept is just an ordinary effect. Put your own presentation in, and that's when you'll make an ordinary effect so believable that people think it's the real deal, real magic.

Nov 5, 2007
Another Review just came in. It is a brief story of a performance and reactions:
On 2008-11-11 13:13, Tjernobyl wrote:
Sweet. I just Performed this for my mother and sister. First my mother, and then she asked me to repeat it again for my sister. They were astonished.. Not like card trick astonished, but "how is that possible?" astonished. I remember my sister saying: "Creepy, that's just creepy!".

Now my day is saved.

Thomas

Nov 5, 2007
You do need to take lighting into consideration, but I have performed this in daylight and, in the demo, you see me performing it in a room lit by flourescent lights. I have had no complaints about any problems with lighting situations. :) This can pretty much be performed anywhere. I hope that helps.:) -Matt Sconce

Nov 5, 2007
Here is a great review that came in today. I though it may be helpful for those of you still checking out reviews for Power Word: Fall. -Matt:p

On 2009-02-17 15:44, magikeren wrote:
This is just SOOOOO clever!

Haven't tried it but I've put in an order for the gimmick at my dealer at once...This looks so freaky!!!

Thanks for giving us this one Matt!...I laughed the whole way through the video because the method is so devious!

Cheers,

Martin

Nov 5, 2007
I am humbled and excited about the following review from the Cafe. These are exactly the stories I love to hear! Here it is! -Matt:)

On 2009-03-09 16:21, awgreenarrow08 wrote:
I got mine the other day, and I must say I kicked myself when Matt revealed the secret. It's so simple, yet nobody will ever suspect a thing! I've already performed it a few times. The first time I performed it, the specator accused me of blowing over the marker. So the next time I set up about 6 or 7 different markers all over the table and backed away from the table even more than I had the first time. Let's just say he didn't accuse me of blowing the markers again! In fact, he simply got up from the table and walked away, the effect left him speechless. If there is anyone reading this who doesn't own the effect yet, GO BUY IT NOW!!! I promise you won't regret it. I'm looking foward to seeing what else Matt has to come out with. If it's anywhere near how great Power Word: Fall is, you can bet I'll be buying. 10/10 in my book!

Feb 24, 2009
California
Knock an object over with a single word....

The words you speak when performing, change the impact your magic has on a spectator. Imagine having the ability to control objects with the power of your words. This is not an average psychokinetic effect. With just a quiet whisper from several feet away, you are able to make objects fall at your command. The Power Word principle allows you to perform the impossible, knock one object off another without affecting it or choose which objects will fall and which will remain standing.

No weird, unnatural hand movements, no complicated setups, you do not need to be close to the object, in fact, you can even have your back turned while performing Power Word: Fall. Complete with a method perfect for walk around and street magicians, Power Word: Fall is a must have in your arsenal of reputation makers.

I look forward to your reviews. :D It is my first released effect and should release any day now!

http://www.papercraneproductions.net/fall.htm

Sounds cool It's Matt correct? Seen you on the Dragon post on The Cafe'.
Is Murphys carrying this when you release it? I would like to add it to my store.

- Jason

Nov 5, 2007
Sounds cool It's Matt correct? Seen you on the Dragon post on The Cafe'.
Is Murphys carrying this when you release it? I would like to add it to my store.

- Jason

Indeed, it is Matt. :)

Murphy's has the distribution rights to this and works with paper crane. I would speak to Paper Crane to see if you can purchase from them or if you need to go through Murphys as I believe you do. :)

Dee, I appreciate the comments! Shudder is pretty darn cool too! :cool: -Matt Sconce

Power word Fall

What can I say, it does everything that it was hyped about.
you are able to knock objects down with your mind, spectators can surround you and if you are into it have them tie or hold your arms behind your back and yet objects still fall.
This effect is so vague that it could be adapted to any presentation you want.
It can be done literally anytime, Just walk up to someone have them take out a dollar or an object place it on the table and make the object fall seemingly from only saying the word "fall"

Now I have so much of the gimmick that I can actually just walk away from the performance area and have the spectators find nothing.

The gimmick is found in most working magicians case or junk drawer depending on where you get the gimmick from.

IMO this effect is awesome and completely worth the money, if you want a reputation maker this one could be it.

Feb 24, 2009
California
Indeed, it is Matt. :)

Murphy's has the distribution rights to this and works with paper crane. I would speak to Paper Crane to see if you can purchase from them or if you need to go through Murphys as I believe you do. :)

Dee, I appreciate the comments! Shudder is pretty darn cool too! :cool: -Matt Sconce

Awesome, I will go through Murphys.

Thanks Matt

Nov 5, 2007
Power word Fall

What can I say, it does everything that it was hyped about.
you are able to knock objects down with your mind, spectators can surround you and if you are into it have them tie or hold your arms behind your back and yet objects still fall.
This effect is so vague that it could be adapted to any presentation you want.
It can be done literally anytime, Just walk up to someone have them take out a dollar or an object place it on the table and make the object fall seemingly from only saying the word "fall"

Now I have so much of the gimmick that I can actually just walk away from the performance area and have the spectators find nothing.

The gimmick is found in most working magicians case or junk drawer depending on where you get the gimmick from.

IMO this effect is awesome and completely worth the money, if you want a reputation maker this one could be it.

Thanks! I appreciate that. Here is another reaction to the trick that just came in on the Cafe.

On 2009-03-11 08:14, Tom Lauten wrote:
WOW!

What more can I say....WOW!

This is such clever thinking... Matt, I am soooo jealous!

It is simple... almost obvious but also so equally devious that it made me laugh outloud. The method is so sneaky... I love it, You can fool people and tell them the truth at the same time! Now all I need is the time to play with it and feel like one of the Xmen.

I CAN NOT WAIT!!!

-Matt Sconce

Jan 28, 2009
Effects like this intrigue me so I'll probably be picking this up to save myself the likely insanity of not being able to actually figure out how its done without buying it. Lol.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results