Saturday Night Contest - A FREE Trip To Magic-Con 2010

Feb 23, 2009
I know its late to add something to my post but my video took hours to get it ready, but hey what the heck it was worth the fun doing it, so here is the link hope you could consider it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eKw9dG64Wc

Hi, I am from a border town with El Paso Texas, called Juarez in Mexico, maybe you have heard of this city before thanks to all the news around the world about the violence in the city.
I've been a magician for quite some years now, doing some gigs at restaurants and parties, but since last year i started thinking that I should do somthing for the community, something to help ease the stress of the people living in this city.
There are many good people in this city, so I thought that maybe doing something that can help put a smile on their faces and make them forget about what they are living, and transport them for a while to a magic moment, I could make people smile and bring hope that there are still good things for them.
Magic for me started to be the way to help people feel good again. I started to go on the weekends, to public places, parks, malls, some neighborhoods, and do some magic for the people, and sometimes a little show, I saw what I was creating was a great way of giving happiness, brining people together.

I am very happy of what Im doing, making the art of magic, the art af hope, a magical dream into a dream of hope, just putting a smile on these people's faces does so much for them, taking them to a confort after hearing so much negativeness in the news and streets, many of them have lost their families, jobs and hopes, when you remember them how to smile they know that they can be OK again.

I would like to have the chance to learn from the best, and give to the rest, so I can offer better things to these people that really need the moment. Maybe I don't deserve it, but I do know that the people of Juarez deserve this and much more.

Thankyou for the opportunity, I tried to submit a video that i made but it was taking to long, I will still try to send it to you anyway, so you can see how great it feels when you see these people happy for a moment.

Juan Tamariz, Gracias por tu carisma, filosofia de vida y magia y los buenos ratos que nos haces pasar.

^this was my original post last night at 9pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eKw9dG64Wc

Oct 25, 2008
Cant wait for the results, keep on refreshing haha.

Quoted for truth. I'm sure all of us are doing this. I'm as excited as I was when I saw my first magic performance at a restaurant. :)

While we wait, anyone want to have a productive discussion about presentation or tricks? I think I'll go to tinychat.com/tally-ho

Join me if you want! :)

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Our crew got together tonight to discuss the submissions once again, and we're going to continue to review every submission over the next 48 hours. The winner will be posted THIS Monday at 11:00pm EST. Rest assured that we're using that time to really give each submission a fair review, a complete read - in order to decide the winner.

Best of luck to everyone who participated. Regardless of who takes home the prize, it was incredible to hear all of the stories posted illustrating how passionate, dedicated, and determined each of you are to this artform. Whether you take home this prize or not, that focus will go a long way.

Oct 31, 2007
Connecticut
Our crew got together tonight to discuss the submissions once again, and we're going to continue to review every submission over the next 48 hours. The winner will be posted THIS Monday at 11:00pm EST. Rest assured that we're using that time to really give each submission a fair review, a complete read - in order to decide the winner.

Best of luck to everyone who participated. Regardless of who takes home the prize, it was incredible to hear all of the stories posted illustrating how passionate, dedicated, and determined each of you are to this artform. Whether you take home this prize or not, that focus will go a long way.

With a SNC this big, this is the right way to go about it. I really appreciate the thought that the judges are putting into this. Whether I win or not, I'm glad to have shared my story with everyone.

Dec 20, 2009
Mumbai, India
Thats Awesome! I agree with cardartist23 it is definately the right way to go about it.With a prize this big, you have to be sure the winner you choose is truly deserving.

Good luck to everyone who participated

- Jenai

Feb 12, 2010

May I still enter then? I was visiting my grandfather in the hospital.

Nov 8, 2007
Magic-Con's mission is to inspire CREATIVITY from real-world performers....

The written word won't suffice with such a contest. You gotta go out of the box....way out......and so I did.....

In a lyrical and poetic fashion, I composed a song on the piano describing the dynamite presenters of Magic-Con 2010.

Here is my submission: http://www.vimeo.com/9410971

In short, I've been doing magic for 10 years and I can truly appreciate the caliber of talent and vision you have for such a conference.

Cheers,
Ben Jackson

Dude, this was excellent. That was really funny. :)

Not only is it obvious you put a lot of thought and creativity into this, it's also apparent, listening to your lyrics, you're passionate about magic. Good luck to you!

Jan 4, 2009
West Allis,WI
I am diggin alot of the entries and Bens is great...but I hope the judges can see the educational point of view in my submission. Best of luck and whoever wins...get me and autograph..lol

Apr 5, 2009
Illinois
winner is required to post pictures.

videos.

and share their entire experience in excruciating detail.

haha not officially. but who ever wins should

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results