Show us your business card!

What's your email address???

Hey guys, i like a lot of these that are posted, but just a quick note to some of you who haven't gotten yours printed yet - change your email address on them haha

I know nobody asked for my opinion, but just trying to look out for my fellow magi. I have a BFA in graphic/web/and multimedia from the art institute international chicago - not that you care haha, i really don't either, but the first thing they told us/taught us there is change your email when you get a busines card. If you have a web site like johnsmithmagic.com have your email address be john@johnsmithmagic.com so it is easy to remember and type out. Also, even if you don't have a web site, sign up for a new email address account and have it be your name or your name and "magic" or "magician" attached to it perhaps, for example youname@gmail.com or lastnamefirstname@gmail.com, lastnamemagic@gmaill.com etc etc, you get the idea. From a professionalism standpoint this will stand out and make you look more professional than like "cardcuttermagicboi-182@yahoo.com" on the business card. you get what I mean haha...also, your choice of email hosting accounts will help you on a percieved professional level too. an email address set up with say .mac has a sort of prestigue to it that yahoo or hotmail don't. gmail, mac, and maybe still AOL have a sort of holier than hotmail/yahoo feeling to it haha.

Just my two cents for what its worth...it is also easier to have a seperate email account set up for business too - I've found at least - so you can stay organized and whatnot - agian for what its worth take it with a grain of salt...

Mar 20, 2009
Al Wakrah, Qatar
Hows this?

y guys, hows this?

I designed it myself using photoshop.
And the cerca trova thing- do you think i should use that or some other?
I was looking for something in latin or italian and sounds cool
The attached image is the back side
didnt print it yet

Attachments

• card.jpg
    card.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 164
  • card-back.gif
    card-back.gif
    3.1 KB · Views: 136
Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 12, 2008
Kendal
Hey guys, hows this?

I designed it myself using photoshop.
And the cerca trova thing- do you think i should use that or some other?
I was looking for something in latin or italian and sounds cool

didnt print it yet
The only thing I would say to this is that it is quite easy to confuse the 'u' in 'manu' for a second 'n'. Maybe it's just me but if it's not too hard I would recommend changing the font.

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
The only thing I would say to this is that it is quite easy to confuse the 'u' in 'manu' for a second 'n'. Maybe it's just me but if it's not too hard I would recommend changing the font.

Ah looking again, I would agree. It looks like Mann.

Other than that, they are pretty good simple cards. Make sure the resolution is high (300 dpi for the printers I used). As far as the Latin thing goes, try to be original. The Cerca Trova thing is cool to us because of the context in which we heard it. To a potential client, that will not make much sense to them. It would be far more effective to put the tagline on your card "seek and you will find" (or whatever it means) in whatever language you speak. That way it would still be mysterious, but they could actually think about it. Cerca Trova means to the average person the same as 'Anuitu Broiatu' means to you and I. Squat.

j

Mar 20, 2009
Al Wakrah, Qatar
Hows this?

Hey guys
thanks for your comments.

I changed the name font and i have attached the new card- front and back

And how did you guys print your cards?
online?

Looking forward to your views.

Attachments

• card-front.jpg
    card-front.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 76
  • card-back.gif
    card-back.gif
    3.1 KB · Views: 78
Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys
thanks for your comments.

I changed the name font and i have attached the new card- front and back

And how did you guys print your cards?
online?

Looking forward to your views.

Okay don´t take this too personal.

The background is awful! It just ruins the whole business card. The side font does not go well with the whole design and the color is not really the one that makes it look nice. I know, i spent alot of time on my side. I looked for different fonts and looks for a while.

A business card should be easy to read and not too messy. Yours is so scribbled up i cant even read the text properly.

http://logodesignerblog.com/creative-business-cards-design-inspiration/

Here are A LOT of business cards that can be inspiring.

Mikk

Nov 7, 2008
Hofstra Univ.
I just printed these myself. I bought perforated stock from staples and designed them in Pages. I totally agree with Dan. My domain was bought through google sites which then enables you to have email accounts at that domain. Alternatively, if you have a domain name you can create alias' in Gmail that will allow all emails sent to "@yourdomain.com" to show up in your Gmail. Similarly, if you use .mac/mobileme you can do the same thing- setting up alias.

The image was licensed through deviantart.com after getting in contact and working closely with the artist. Her link is on the card but it is et3rnalcynic.deviantart.com

The red dotted lines are "misspellings." This is a screen shot of the card from Pages. oh well you get the idea.

Attachments

• Picture 2.jpg
    Picture 2.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 140
Dec 3, 2008
Some amazing business cards here, I don't really do magic, and I don't really have a business, but I can try to make a business card Design.

Mine fan like butter too. They are very high quality hehe! :) - Nice card you got there mate, got a close-up picture of it though?

I do, but last time I posted a pic of my old card, I had an issue of someone copying it word for word. Almost to the point of using my testimonials as well. Since then, I'd rather just show a blurry pic of the front, and keep the back to myself. I know my card is nothing special, but just the fact that they took everything off it but changed the name bothered the hell out of me.

Good thread you got here though! :)

Best.
Steve

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
I do, but last time I posted a pic of my old card, I had an issue of someone copying it word for word. Almost to the point of using my testimonials as well. Since then, I'd rather just show a blurry pic of the front, and keep the back to myself. I know my card is nothing special, but just the fact that they took everything off it but changed the name bothered the hell out of me.

Good thread you got here though! :)

Best.
Steve

That's just lame and funny at the same time. I guess they thought your card was so awesome they just had to use it. Tho I don't see what the big deal is about business cards. I mean most of them look pretty plain. Name, e-mail. Website. Maybe a picture or a special logo. But other than that, it's not like they have dancing pictures or anything else on them.

Feb 1, 2009
Manchester, UK.
Not a huge fan of ressurecting the dead but I thought there was no need to create a new topic... I have a temp business card but would love to have a poker chip business card in the future.

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
Not a huge fan of ressurecting the dead but I thought there was no need to create a new topic... I have a temp business card but would love to have a poker chip business card in the future.

I think that would be really good if you had a really good gambling demonstration in your show! Or did a memorable coin routine with chips instead

j

Feb 1, 2009
Manchester, UK.
I think that would be really good if you had a really good gambling demonstration in your show! Or did a memorable coin routine with chips instead

j

Jay Noblezada has a business chip, he just drops it into his hand then does it in reverse (Muscle pass) on a performance vid of him. Looks awesome.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results