Spectators guessing...

When skeptics start guessing at how i do a trick i turn it on them and make them feel stupid so they stop. Like for example if some one shouts out "oh there are two cards there!" i would quickly ditch one of the cards and say " oh well you have clearly seen through my trick because you can see the invisible card here and no one else can!" Then if all goes right they blush and STFU

When skeptics start guessing at how i do a trick i turn it on them and make them feel stupid so they stop. Like for example if some one shouts out "oh there are two cards there!" i would quickly ditch one of the cards and say " oh well you have clearly seen through my trick because you can see the invisible card here and no one else can!" Then if all goes right they blush and STFU

I was told never to make your audience feel dumb. I NEVER assume my spectators are less intelligent than me. Insulting a heckler never does any good. From your example it seems you did get caught with a double though

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx

To be honest..I don´t know how I feel about that... specially the part about making them feel stupid...I´ll save my comments now...I am in a good mood

@MalibuARMY

Also your persona or character must be very likable to avoid this problem...and most important...if you have a flawless tecnique and an entertaining patter but you don´t connect with the audience, then the last won´t matter, since they are not related to you...to actually be entertaining, mystifying, skillfull and likable is very, very hard....

Aug 17, 2010
Take the most common guesses as to method you get, and see if you can preemptively disprove them as the routine progresses.

For instance, rolling up the sleeves before doing coin magic gets rid of the sleeves as a possible solution.

Dec 20, 2009
Massachusetts
First of all, I would like to thank everyone for all the responses...

A lot of you guys are getting a little confused. I'm not saying that the spectators are figuring out my method. I'm doing fine about that... I'm just saying that when I perform Dresscode, they guess where the shirt went. Of course, if I stripped, they would figure out what I did. So I'm asking what can I do, when they ask, "The shirt is ....." and "....." is actually where it is.

I did like the idea that Randy was saying, where since the people I perform for know me, they will be more skeptical... I agree, because they know that I wasn't granted with some special power or I flew in from outer space...

Another thing is my age. I am 14, and yes I think that changes a lot of things too. The situation that this mainly happened where they guessed was when I performed to classmates, or friends...

But it still happens occasionally with other people. That's what I'm talking about. What to do then... I guess I could say in the situation, "So you want me to strip for you?" and that would create a nice joke... But what about other things... I don't know. Linking rings... What if a spectator came up and said, "SHOW ME ALL THE RINGS!"... Or in Extreme Burn they ask you to give them all the bills right after you change them. They can tell if I'm avoiding the option of giving it to them, and then they have something against you... By the way, this Extreme Burn situation also happens to me, in fact more than Dresscode.

So yeah...

Rupayan

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results