Spelling Mistakes

Sep 1, 2007
Belgrade, Serbia
Just one tip about this...
In every other post someone writes something and then put "(sp.?)" or "(spelling)" behind the word they cannot spell...

I had this problem, because English is not my native language...
I use Firefox as a web browser, and here is a tip for everyone who don't know how to spell something.

When you try to spell some big complicated word, like "misunderstood", or "linguistically", or some word where you don't know if it contains one or two "L's" in it... Just do this:

Write that word as close to a real spelling as you can, and then just "right click" of your mouse on that word, and you will have a list and correct spelling for that word...

Btw. if you don't know if you spelled some word correctly, there will be red line under it, to tell you it is not spelled correctly.

p.s. I don't know if this works with any other web browser...

Jan 13, 2008
Anyone know how to right click on a MacBook without a mouse. What is the key combination?
Like mentioned, ctrl + click will do a right click for you. Also, two fingers on the touchpad + click will also do the job (which is what I normally do). :)

Jan 13, 2008
I'm trying to click at the moment with 2 fingers and it doesn't work :S

Maybe it's the new gen macbooks... It works with 2 fingers to scroll though :p

D.
Mine is just over a year old (it's not the newest model, or the one before that, but the one before that, heh).

Maybe it's a setting you need to turn on?

PS. I double finger scroll, too. (why does that sound so dirty? :confused:)

As to the topic, I'm also a Firefox user, and the spellchecker included with it has to be one of my favourite features. I really wish more people would use Firefox, and more specifically, use the spellchecker feature. Some forums even have a built in spellchecker (it doesn't look like T11 does, but some do), which nobody seems to ever use. The laziness is truly sickening--it's not that difficult to spend a few seconds (read: seconds, not minutes, not hours, but seconds) making sure others will be able to read and clearly (at least, more clearly) understand what you're trying to say.

On that topic, is there a way to change the Firefox spellchecker to Canadian English? It would be nice not to see a little red line under words like "colour" and "favourite", which are spelled correctly.

Edit: Also, I'd like to bring attention to the edit button. Eliminates the need for double posts. I even use the edit buttons hours after making a post, so as to avoid adding unnecessary clutter to the boards. People should learn how to use it (I realize some do, but lots don't).

And while I'm talking about underutilized features, there's a button to preview your post before you actually post it (the button is directly beside the post button, so don't even tell me that any of you missed it). Such a feature helps to prevent messed up looking posts, posts filled with an unnecessary amount of grammatical errors which may go unnoticed while typing up the post (for whatever reason--although, I really think there's no excuse for giant paragraphs containing no punctuation (or random punctuation), misuse of capitalization, etc).

And on a final note, I used the spellchecker a number of times during this post (3, I believe). It's useful. Please, for the sake of everyone reading your posts, USE IT. :)

PS. When I say "you" or "your", etc, I'm referring to the general "you". Just so nobody misinterprets what I'm saying and gets unnecessarily upset for being singled out--that's right, it applies to all of you equally. Well, maybe not all of you, but certainly a large portion. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 13, 2008
So I went into the preferences for my trackpad...turns out there's a checkbox labeled "For secondary clicks, place two fingers on the trackpad then click the button". That's what you'll want to check if you would like to do as it describes (which is how I right click). :)

I've tried setting the trackpad to click when I tap it, but I'd accidentally click things far too often. I can only imagine what would happen if I had right click going on the trackpad, too, heh.

So I went into the preferences for my trackpad...turns out there's a checkbox labeled "For secondary clicks, place two fingers on the trackpad then click the button". That's what you'll want to check if you would like to do as it describes (which is how I right click). :)

I've tried setting the trackpad to click when I tap it, but I'd accidentally click things far too often. I can only imagine what would happen if I had right click going on the trackpad, too, heh.

I have both turned on and they do not seem to be a problem for me.

Jan 13, 2008
I have both turned on and they do not seem to be a problem for me.
Yeah, it's not a problem with the laptop or anything, it's a personal thing. I have the same problem (accidental clicking) on my mom's laptop, and every other laptop with that feature. :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results