theory11 holiday contest

Aug 31, 2007
Yeah, I was wondering about this. If you send a free entry... then you get one deck of Guardians for FREE???

Can anyone clear this up??

Sep 2, 2007
If you send a free entry... then you get one deck of Guardians for FREE???
Everyone probably won't get a deck of Guardians for free. However, that would not be a bad thing. :)

Most likely, the winner(s) of the free contest entry may receive a winning deck. But, I'm not sure if that's how it works.

Cheers,
JTM

Last edited by a moderator:
Those are some pretty freaking sweet prizes. Some of them are PRICELESS, which is great. Imagine being able to learn from the crew.

Amazing.

Not expecting to win, but maybe I'll pick up a deck or too... I guess it also helps that Christmas AND my birthday are within the same week.

Mitchell

I have a question! :)

* Prizes to be shipped separately from your order; winning decks may arrive SEPARATELY from the rest of your order as winners will be selected at random throughout the holiday contest period. Want one free entry? Send an email to holidaycontest@theory11.com with your full name, address, email address, and phone number. One email submission per household, please.

So the winning deck (hologram deck) will be sent separately? In all orders? Or only in some.

Just trying to clear it up.

Mitchell

TKH

Aug 31, 2007
Wisconsin
Just a Thought

Since the Guardians arae being advertised in these magazines and stuff, and laymen see them. If they do buy them, and hypothetically win one of the prizes. That would suck. Like if they won one of the like live 1on1s or the free video edit, or the product release. I mean what if they don't go through with the prizes.

Sep 2, 2007
So the winning deck (hologram deck) will be sent separately? In all orders? Or only in some.
"Winning decks may arrive SEPARATELY from the rest of your order as winners will be selected at random throughout the holiday contest period."

Therefore, in some orders, the winning deck may arrive separately from the rest the order. However, they may arrive with the order as well.

Now, I'm confused again... :D

Cheers,
JTM

Sep 2, 2007
do, anyitme between now and the 31st of december I might get some random mail? cool!

Since the Guardians arae being advertised in these magazines and stuff, and laymen see them. If they do buy them, and hypothetically win one of the prizes. That would suck. Like if they won one of the like live 1on1s or the free video edit, or the product release. I mean what if they don't go through with the prizes.
That would suck sooooooooooooooo bad. If they won the 1 on 1 chat I bet they're going to pick Dan White because he's a consultant for David Blaine.

I have some questions.

1. Does it make a difference WHEN you buy the decks?

2. Are the products on the holiday gift guide on sale?

3. Is the Trilogy 29.95 for the WHOLE thing!?

4. Say you buy more than one deck, or six at a time. Say you got lucky... would you only get ONE? Or COULD you get more than one? Does this increase or decrease your chances?

I'm also confused about the free entry. I think what they mean is that you can either buy a deck of cards, and get entered, or send one free entry, and get entered.

5. Say you get a prize that you don't like. I mean, that's impossible, but let's just say. :D Can you trade it or give it away or something?

Thanks!

PS. I thought TnR releases at 11:00 PM? Oh well.

Sep 2, 2007
I have some questions.

1. Does it make a difference WHEN you buy the decks?

2. Are the products on the holiday gift guide on sale?

3. Is the Trilogy 29.95 for the WHOLE thing!?

4. Say you buy more than one deck, or six at a time. Say you got lucky... would you only get ONE? Or COULD you get more than one? Does this increase or decrease your chances?

I'm also confused about the free entry. I think what they mean is that you can either buy a deck of cards, and get entered, or send one free entry, and get entered.

5. Say you get a prize that you don't like. I mean, that's impossible, but let's just say. :D Can you trade it or give it away or something?

Thanks!

PS. I thought TnR releases at 11:00 PM? Oh well.
I'll try to answer as many of your questions that I can, to the best of my knowledge.

1) Yes. All decks of Guardians must be bought between today -- November 23rd -- and December 31st at 11:59pm EST, in order to have a chance to win. Other than that, it does not matter if you buy it on Monday or Fraterday (yes, Fraterday) -- it must be within the time interval, however.

2) The Holiday Gift Guide is an accumulation of promotions. I'm pretty sure the prices in guide are the same as that available throughout the site.

3) Good question. No. A single DVD of the Trilogy is $29.95. If you click on the link on the "BUY" button, it will lead you to the Trilogy tricks page, where the Trilogy DVD Set is $75.00.

4) There are only 11 winning decks of Guardians with the hologram sticker. It's safe to assume that the more decks you buy, the higher the probability that you will receive a deck of Guardians with the hologram sticker and win. However, I'm not sure how buying six decks of Guardians in one cumulative order or buying six separately affects one's chances.

4b) Again, I'm not 100% sure. Each deck of Guardians you buy is an entry into the contest. Ergo, the free entry is a freebie, it's like buying an additional deck of Guardians. It increases your chances of winning.

5) No clue.

P.S. TnR released at 11:00am EST.

Cheers,
JTM

The free entry gives you the same chances of winning as a person who bought one (1) deck of Guardians. It gives you one chance at winning; just like if you bought a deck of Guardians.

So if you bought 1 deck of Guardians and used your free entry, you would have the same chance of winning as someone who bought 2 decks of Guardians.

P.S. TnR released at 11:00am EST.

Cheers,
JTM

Oh, that's evil.

2) The Holiday Gift Guide is an accumulation of promotions. I'm pretty sure the prices in guide are the same as that available throughout the site.

Cheers,
JTM

Are the shown prices on sale than before? Like, let's say a product was $30 before this promotion. Might that product be LESS than $30? Are some of the products shown... their prices less than their prices before the promotion?

Thanks!

PS. I don't know if this goes here, but is there an advantage to purchasing the DVD instead of the Instant Download? Or the other way around?

Sep 2, 2007
DVD will most likely have easter eggs, and downloads you get SUPER fast (Also, DVD's are higher wuality)

Sep 2, 2007
Are the shown prices on sale than before? Like, let's say a product was $30 before this promotion. Might that product be LESS than $30? Are some of the products shown... their prices less than their prices before the promotion?

Thanks!

PS. I don't know if this goes here, but is there an advantage to purchasing the DVD instead of the Instant Download? Or the other way around?
The prices for everything displayed in the guide is analogous with the price before it. Therefore, I'm pretty sure that there has not been a discount in price before or after the Holiday Gift Guide.

Of course, to each his own, but I like the DVD because it has mass, volume, and density. I can hold it in my hand -- it's real. ;)

However, with Instant Download, you can watch the it instantly -- within a few hours -- and not have to wait for shipping, especially if you live internationally.

Conversely, you can get both, for an additional $5.00. While the DVD is in the mail, you can began practicing and learning the effect, without waiting for the DVD to arrive.

Cheers,
JTM

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results