theory11 roundtable discussion - Dan and Dave Buck

Sep 1, 2007
1. Who is the older brother, Dan or Dave?
2. What do you guys do when a deck is warp and you dont have a porper clip on you?
3. How long does it usaully take you guys to come up with a flourish?
4. What brand do you guys most pefer to use on a daily basic?
5. Where do you guys see yourselves in 5, 10 years?

Feb 6, 2008
1) Recently D+M posted a video of him being fooled by G. Do you guys try to fool each other when creating effects or is it more collaborative?

2) You guys have accomplished a lot this last year, what are your current goals regarding magic or flourishing upcoming

3) Outside of working, what do you guys do for fun?

Thanks,

Dave G.

Aug 31, 2007
In all honesty, a lot of people have criticized the Smoke and Mirrors deck because of the use of using your initials (D&D) as the back design. If you had a choice to go back in time and remake the deck, would you keep the same design?

Axe

Apr 3, 2008
Buffalo, NY
1.) When you two realized your talent and found something you enjoyed, did you have plans
for what you wanted to become with it, or what you wished to do with your magic and flourishing?
2.) Did you ever think you would be as well known as you are now? (cough**LEGENDS!**cough)
3.) Do you really shave at the same time?
4.) Who is more of a comedian, Dan or Dave?
5.) What are your main incentives and/or reasons you flourish?,and Do you flourish in public?

-Alex

where did u "find" chad nelson and why did u choose to work with him.
5. How did you meet Chad Nelson? And were you guys the ones that gave him his big break?

Dude not cool. lol jk I probably had similar questions compared to a lot of people too. (and sorry to whoever i did)

Anyway, here's some more questions:

When did you start flourishing?

Which place was your favorite to lecture NY or Philly (or where-ever else)

Who are your role models?

Do/did you have a mentor?

Do you flourish with anything besides cards (excluding that coin flip thing with josh jay)?

Why does dave have a facebook and dan does not???

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 24, 2007
Hermosillo Sonora
1.- Do you think about yourself as a magician or a flourisher?
2.- Do you think about yourself as a magician or a creator?
3.-what do you think about trashmanf who says that you guys need to work on your one handed fans?!?!?!?!?
4.-I heard you were working on a non card proyect. Could you guys tell us something about it?
5.- Do you like using a certain gimmick?

Question 4 (on the comments...)
http://media.theory11.com/1527-Smoke-and-Mirrors---Special-Edition

Sep 1, 2007
Los Angeles, California
Were there any previous designs of the cards before the official design?

Ever thought of quiting magic and flourishing?

How was your *honest* response towards the many "mixed" reactions from the people after the very first release of your decks?

Dec 3, 2007
1 Did you guys ever had a "normal" job like working in a factory or something?

2 Do you ever get annoyed by the boring questions that i and all the other kids ask you here, on your forums and via mail?

3 Did you ever meet this Devo guy?

4 Was there a time in your magic career, where you walked to strangers and said "Hi my name is Dave/Dan: May i show you some magic? Yes? Ok! In my left hand i have 3 little red balls...." for tips?

5 Am i the only one who is saying: "Thank you for not removing the Ds in S&M."?

6 Why didnt you sign my absoluts?

7 Do you have your hands insured? If yes, how much? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 17, 2007
Notice: Please try to keep your questions in only 1 post. It makes JB's job easier when picking out questions to do on the podcast. It isn't very fair to use 3 questions from the same person. Thanks guys.

-Doug
Sorry mate. Don't know why I did that...lol.

Sep 3, 2007
1. What made you first want to pick up a deck of cards?
2. When did you first decide flourishing was for you?
3. Who was your biggest inspiration?
4. What made you decide to join Theory 11?
5. How do you come up with triks? Do they all just come to you, or do you have an idea, then method? Or something else.
5. What do you think makes you different from all the other flourishers on decknique and t11?
6. How often do you practice?
7. Have you ever questioned if flourishing was right for you?
8. Have you ever gotten in a fight over who is the better flourisher? even just a jamming battle

May 17, 2008
1. Do you listen to music while you flourish
at home, if so what kind of music?
2. Which do you like better The smoke deck or the mirror deck, Why?
3. How are you going to spend your Halloween?
4. What is your ringtone on your phone?
5. Do you have any pets, if so what are they?

Sep 1, 2007
Whats the hardest flourish you know? Are their still a couple moves you just can't get down?

How old were you when you started? We are starting to see more and more really young guys who have a ton of talent.

What do you think should be done about the current cardistry community. In my opinion its just getting worse. Its like a war between styles. Why can't we just get along? After all, all we're doing is messing around with a deck of cards.

What is your favorite cardistry video of all time?

Oct 19, 2007
Dude not cool. lol jk I probably had similar questions compared to a lot of people too. (and sorry to whoever i did)

Anyway, here's some more questions:

When did you start flourishing?

Which place was your favorite to lecture NY or Philly (or where-ever else)

Who are your role models?

Do/did you have a mentor?

Do you flourish with anything besides cards (excluding that coin flip thing with josh jay)?

LOL sorry I skimed through the thread but I didn't see that :p

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results