Thoughts on Criss Angel

Sep 1, 2007
ok.. criss angel has reinvented magic ! ! ! ! ! you guys just hate him, cuz hes the king of magic and illusion...hes the best in the world...get used to it ! The **** he does is way more entertaining and dangerous than from any other magician in the world...so why dont you haters just grow the **** up and see the greatness in him........???? ...

How much is he paying you to say this?

I don't like Criss as a person that much... and I like his fans even less.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 31, 2007
Hartford, CT
It makes me laugh when people say that Criss doesn't perform "real magic". There is no such thing a "real magic".

I understand the uproar about people who use stooges instead of practicing sleights over and over, but you know, really, it's the results that matter. "Real magicians" entertain and delight people. Criss does that, stooges, camera tricks, notwithstanding.

This whole "real magic" attitude is like saying an overweight person got thin by surgery instead of diet and excercise and telling that person that he's not "really thin" because he didn't do it the hard way.

Look, I'm not a fan or a hater of Criss but he does have some kind of talent because he's able to hold an audience. His clothes doesn't matter, his attitude doesn't matter, even his methods don't matter. You don't like him. Fine. But to say he doesn't use "real magic" is absolutely absurd. Really, who here uses "real magic"??? There is no such thing.

As to this thing with Jim vs Criss, I am completely on Steerpike's side on this.

The day you start claiming you can talk to the dead, I will take you down.

Because it is one thing to perform such a thing, it is quite another animal to claim you can actually do it. One is entertaining, the other is scamming.

Aug 5, 2008
hes a pretty good looking 40 year old man but I have no respect for him.His mindfreak series are a joke.specially the new one, Cutting the black guy was just stupid

Jul 26, 2008
NJ
Well, then don't watch the show.
What can I tell ya.

I like watching it. That's right, I said it.

Me too.

And he's not ruining magic, in fact many people will watch you do magic because they have seen Mindfreak and get interested in watching magic.

Jul 15, 2008
Well to say the least, I found his David Blaine parody very distasteful. At first, I thought he was just making a friendly parody and was hoping for a good laugh, but the whole thing was just a finger in david's face.

Aug 5, 2008
Me too.

And he's not ruining magic, in fact many people will watch you do magic because they have seen Mindfreak and get interested in watching magic.

what will you do when they ask you to levitate or cut a black man and pull a card out of their skull.What will you do when they ask \you to walk on water or make a lady come out of a briefcase?You think passing unrealistic camera edited effects as "real" magic is good for any of us?I just want to see your face when the audience calls you a lame magician or a poseur because you cant do what criss can.And when did he make fun of Blaine?

Aug 5, 2008
Criss Angel spoofs david blaine: (for those of you who haven't seen it)

Like I said, the parody was simply very distasteful... Not very funny at all... I don't know what Criss was trying to do there.

I just lost the little respect I had for that guy.He looks less gay like that,he actually looks cool.What he was trying to do was insult David Blaine.and he did it.
The worst part was making fun of his levitation,Well at least it was a real audience(you know).Criss is not cool,Why did he do that for?HE even said"Im poor because Criss Angel Came up or something like that.The stupidest thing was seeing Blaine buying the mindfreak episodes.Thats straight out disrespect,and he stole them too because he was poor.

It would be funnier if David Blaine Did some more camera tricks to get even more famous than Angel.That escape he did was a fraud and Even the news reported on it.Camera signals dont turn to static when they disconect,that was a huge mistake.

Aug 5, 2008
This "MimeFreak Parody" is much better. In fact, it's hilarious, please take a look and see if you could disagree.

I agree,Its funny how they make their videos look exactly like Angel's.They actually look real.Better acting than the criss angel audience too.My favorite trick was were he goes down the escalator and the elevator,I also liked how they made fun of the spectator camera,and the consultants were funny too.That's a real parody not an insult like Angel's.I also saw MindExplosion from Human Giant.its more of an insult but still fuunier

Sep 1, 2007
what will you do when they ask you to levitate or cut a black man and pull a card out of their skull.What will you do when they ask \you to walk on water or make a lady come out of a briefcase?

Criss doesn't like to share his secrets with other magicians, and I can't say I hold it against him too much. To be honest, I'm okay with it because what Criss does is for Criss. I do what I do and I have fun with it.

...or...

If I could do that, I'd be in Vegas right now. Anyway...

Works every time. The first one is classy and gets people on my side, the second one makes everyone laugh and gets people on my side.

Supreme logic from the supreme being!

Jul 15, 2008
I've read some of these somewhere, but I liked the responses that went along the lines of:

"I could, but I don't have the film editing skills"

"I could, but I'd have to hire a hot girl to scream ZOMG and a brotha to be all like HELL NAW and then pay you to name the object I want you to name"

Aug 5, 2008
I've read some of these somewhere, but I liked the responses that went along the lines of:

"I could, but I don't have the film editing skills"

"I could, but I'd have to hire a hot girl to scream ZOMG and a brotha to be all like HELL NAW and then pay you to name the object I want you to name"

You know why those are funny.Because they are truth.This way you wont end up looking like a fool.The other ones that were posted tell the audience that what they saw was real and that you aren't any good because of it(vegas).

And I totally agree with the "brotha" comment.

"oh HELL no".I watched the latest "show" and I saw 3 of those.Just like Mimefreak.

Sep 1, 2007
The other ones that were posted tell the audience that what they saw was real and that you aren't any good because of it(vegas).

One of us has actually tested these lines out in the real world, and thus is more qualified to talk.

Hint: It's me.

Jul 15, 2008
Yea, I've never had to use any of these lines... people don't really tend to ask things like that... I mean, whose head am I gonna split or where am I gonna find a pool to walk on anyway, right?

But it does irritate me when people say things like: So Criss Angel is your hero? or when I take a deck of cards out, they say: I think I saw Criss Angel do that one on TV. (Note, this is before I do anything... I just take the deck out)

But I do like it when people say: "I think I just experienced a Criss Angel moment" or "**** Criss Angel, this is for real!"

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results