Thoughts on Criss Angel

Apr 16, 2008
Brazil
You're laughting, but this ¨%*&¨%& revealed the Ambitious card with all the Double-lifts, passes and any kind of techniques on open television! He revealed the Balducci Levitation, the king Rising levitation, Ninja Rings, a few sponge balls tricks. All these because the program wanted to increase audience ratings, that's disgusting.
What is really bad is that all the brazilian laymen rememeber him at first when they hear the word "magic". And you simply wanna punch the face of a spectator who says "Don't you think Mister M is a great magician?" or call you Mister (your initial).

Here's a topic in a brazilian Forum where there's a list of all the magic tricks revealed in the brazilian media:

http://www.magicoamador.com.br/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11587

Sep 3, 2007
I think most magicians forget that magicians are not supposed to entertain other magicians are supposed to entertain average person (layman). And, that is exactly what Criss does he entertains people. If he didn't entertain people then he wouldn't have a T.V. show.

Don't worry about hating Criss Angel, David Blane, Copperfield etc. etc. etc. Just go out there and do the best magic you can do. If you have the skill, and are a good performer it wont matter what Angel did on last weeks show people will appreciate your performance. Some one said on this thread that after watching a show they did a Biddle trick and the people enjoyed it more then the show. This is exactly what I'm talking about. Just do good magic, if people think Angel is better than you then do better magic.

As for the masked magician screwing up. Valentino is a bad magician that's why he exposes stuff. He cant keep an audience and he can't entertain monkeys. He'll pass into history again. The reason he is no longer on T.V. in the states (other then reruns) is that people don't care about the secret. They care about being entertained. Once the producers realize that again then he wont be around for awhile again.

As i said before, Don't worry about the i hate Criss or i hate Blaine. Don't worry Valentino exposing tricks (obviously he does a bad job at it). Don't worry about the kids exposing the latest greatest on you tube. Go out there and DO BETTER MAGIC. Do the best magic you can and no matter what people know whats been exposed no matter what Criss did last week, you'll get great reactions and you'll be a better magician then anybody else.

You are the best magician you know, go out and do better magic!

Jul 31, 2008
wow you guys ...

ok.. criss angel has reinvented magic ! ! ! ! ! you guys just hate him, cuz hes the king of magic and illusion...hes the best in the world...get used to it ! The **** he does is way more entertaining and dangerous than from any other magician in the world...so why dont you haters just grow the **** up and see the greatness in him........??? ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 4, 2007
www.thrallmind.com
That's ironic.

Hey, if you're single, I know this guy who would be great for you, his name is BrianationX. You should check him out.

-ThrallMind

Last edited by a moderator:
He allowed scenarios such as this to happen:

"Hey, you have cards. can you do stuff like that Mindfreak show?"

So for that, I thank him.

-ThrallMind

And the inverse...

"Well, that was good, but let me see you float between two buildings!"

On a side note, a couple of years ago I performed for a young man at my old restaurant gig who had just come back from Vegas and was in Criss's hypnosis episode; the one where he would hand out flyers laced with subliminal messages and people would simply fall over in a trance.

The things that kid told me halted my viewings of Mindfreak from that week on.

Pj

That's ironic.

Hey, if you're single, I know this guy who would be great for you, his name is BrianationX. You should check him out.

-ThrallMind

As true as that may be, it's best to avoid directly discussing a T11 member "behind their back."

-ThrallMind

I thought that was good advice when I spoke out against the kid. I'll offer it back to you.

Different situation, same rules.

Pj

No, not actors at all.

He had never met Criss before he was handed the flyer, but he was intimately familiar with the production team once he was selected to be a part of the "experiment."

He said it was a 4 hour affair, beginning to end.

It's sad how much collateral damage that type of "magic" causes.

Pj

Dec 4, 2007
www.thrallmind.com
I thought that was good advice when I spoke out against the kid. I'll offer it back to you.

Different situation, same rules.

Pj

Did I discuss anything about him? All I mentioned was that he existed. As opposed to openly bashing a member without them being included in the conversation themselves. I hope that cleared things up. ;P

-ThrallMind

Did I discuss anything about him? All I mentioned was that he existed. As opposed to openly bashing a member without them being included in the conversation themselves. I hope that cleared things up. ;P

-ThrallMind

Telling a rude poster that someone you know would be perfect for them is not bashing the person you know?

Hmm.

Pj

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results