Voting Open:// Four of a Kind

Okay so trying to spark some good discussion is bad? I would love to see him to go a little more depth in his statement, I challenged his statement, not him, on the other hand the best thing you could came up against me was to bash me directly, well that talks a lot for you buddy.

Its so easy to talk, I would love to see you backing up your comments, I at least know that I can;).

Grow up.

I see and understand where both of you are coming from, yes harder technique allows for more visual eye candy, but self working tricks allow for strong presentations and it can be just as strong to do a double lift change as an ego change, it just depends on what you want to do.

@3aq7, calm down man, he just wanted you to back up your statement with evidence, i understand how you feel because i feel the same way, but its not worth fighting over.

@rdchopper: its easy to see where your coming from, so many people on any forums really talk the talk but dont walk the walk. All you can do is give your opinion, back it up if asked, and move on.

We all need to grow up one way or another, lets just not fight about how, and just do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
May 18, 2008
2cents: Tricks with more difficult sleights usually are more visual and overall better tricks to view.

Cheers.

Man, the top statement made not an ounce of sense.

Sure, you can do a complicated sleight, say... a clipshift for an audience. They will give a good reaction (I doubt for you, because you tend to NEVER back up what you say and instead substitute that for just personal bashing when you have no idea what you are talking about) however the reaction is identical if you were to use... say... The One Hand Top Palm for a sleight that accomplishes the same thing.

Simplicity is the best thing. You don't know very much about magic, that is for sure.

My point: Most trick that include harder sleights (in general) are more visual and appealing to the eye and for spectators. There are the ups and downs of them but anyone with a brain knew the general idea of my previous statement.

Yeah... You are right... All those stupid, brainless idiots out there who used to advocate doing simple moves instead of complicated ones... Lets see... Dai Vernon... Ed Marlo...

Those guys are idiots... We can't learn from them! :rolleyes:

Sep 10, 2008
Perhaps, a trick using a clipshift color change or an ego change may be more visual than a simple double lift change or an erdnase change, but if you did something simple like one of the last two, the spectator won't say "That was okay but you should have done it with one hand, I would cheer more." The spectators don't know the POSSIBILITIES in magic. They only know what you just DID.

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert

" The spectators don't know the POSSIBILITIES in magic. They only know what you just DID.

Wow they get it!

Just to add something, "visual" magic means that they are burning your hands the whole time and using "hard sleights" usually tips off the spectators that there was sleight of hand involved, and it takes away from the "experience" :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007

Sure, you can do a complicated sleight, say... a clipshift for an audience. They will give a good reaction (I doubt for you, because you tend to NEVER back up what you say and instead substitute that for just personal bashing when you have no idea what you are talking about) however the reaction is identical if you were to use... say... The One Hand Top Palm for a sleight that accomplishes the same thing.

Simplicity is the best thing. You don't know very much about magic, that is for sure.

Yeah... You are right... All those stupid, brainless idiots out there who used to advocate doing simple moves instead of complicated ones... Lets see... Dai Vernon... Ed Marlo...

Those guys are idiots... We can't learn from them! :rolleyes:

Lol.... I could back myself if I wanted too. I know I have better handling and I'm smoother than you with magic. I know plenty. I wasn't making a complete statement saying it was fact you ignorant little kid. You're still mad because I said you suck. Oh well, get over it. Did I ever say simplicity was bad? Nope, did I ever say easy sleights and self working tricks are ****? No, I didn't. You think I think that because I said one statement and not the other.

Assumption, ignorance, and being a baby cause I gave you criticism. Oh well.

No one said I was fully mature either or take criticism perfectly so no point in trying to bash on me for that cause I could care less.

Maybe RDChopper is better than me, good for him. Kudos. That's great, I'm glad we have great magician's and cardist on this site, I really am. You on the otherhand Pop are not, the ugly truth. I'm not saying you never will be, I'm not saying I will be good either. All of you take everything the wrong way.

I'm trying to make friends, but on the other hand I don't want to make enemy's. I'm sure RD and Pop and DaveyG and all of you are great guys and cool and what not so try not to take everything so personal as I do sometimes as well.

And it's not my job to have perfect grammar on a forum website with a small community of people I don't know. I don't need to prove I have proper grammar to you. Seriously. I do great in school. Especially English and history. But who cares?

Anyways, hope we can all stop this non-sense and be cool with each other. I won't be criticizing anymore or giving my opinion because no one can handle it and apparently I "shuck" at it.

Cheers.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results