What was the first effect you learned?

May 3, 2008
The first trick I learned was where you put their card on the table with half the deck on top of a table, then you put the other half on the bottom of the table and the card ends up on top of the packet on the bottom.

Dec 30, 2008
Ive got a good one. I saw Bozo the clown on tv when I was very little. I saw him give two kids the opposite ends of a rope, and stuck them down his pants. I loved that show. I thought about it for days. (I was so proud of myself) and was so excited that I had to show it off at the Fourth of July family cookout.

I liked this one.

May 12, 2009
As for myself, I learn t 2 different effects at the same time, so I cant really remember which one came first.
1. I can't remember the name but it's when you hold two ends of a rope in each hand, contort your arms in some way and when you swing the rope out, a knot appears in the middle of the rope. I think it's called Impossible Knot or something like that.
2. Also, I can't remember the name. But it's the one with a die and the two canisters. Learn t it when I was about 6-7 years old. One of the great effect that got me in to mentalism.

Wow. When I think about it, that was over 25 years ago.:(

Aug 31, 2007
My first effect I ever performed was a simple card force and then reading their mind. Played big, people were very amazed and it still amazes them.

-Rahat

Jan 4, 2009
West Allis,WI
Hmmmmm........

If I remember correctly, I learned the the one ahead method an also the key card an used it to have a spectator become psychic. Using the key card u spread the deck all over the table an have the spec point....yada yada yada....in the end 4 cards are randomly pointed to an all of them match. Also the french drop, wave the aces, and that soda effect healed an sealed(?) from david blaines show :)

Years ago, before I even knew what a DL was, I picked up a book called "Giant Book Of Card Tricks" by Bob Longe. The first real trick I learned was called "Easy Aces" from that book. I pretty much tossed out most of the effects because I was stupid and didn't know any better. I recently pulled the book back out to go through everything again. I'm kind of excited.

Jun 13, 2009
British Colombia
My first trick I learned from my Dad or Grandpa... I can't remember... when I was like 7. It involved a sticker on your middle finger, and the edge of a table, throw your hand in the air and bring your finger back down to the edge of the table and WOW the sticker disappeared. Took me two months to figure out it was just a different finger. Oh well. The trick that got me interested in magic was a card trick were you have the K, Q, J, and A and you tell a story about them going to a hotel and being all put into different rooms than after multiple cuts they all end up in the right room. Kings together, Queens together, etc. Anyway that got me interested and then I bought Mark Wilsons Complete Guide to Magic and havent looked back.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results