The Magician Online

The Magician Online is a live, interactive, online experience - in the comfort of your own home. Starring Dan White. As seen by Ashton Kutcher, Ariana Grande, Chris Rock, James Corden, Jessica Alba, and President Clinton.

See details

What would you say in this situation?

LeeAsher

theory11 artist
Aug 31, 2007
Eugene, Oregon
www.leeasher.com
CAN YOU MAKE MY WIFE DISAPPEAR?

You've heard it before. Hell, you've probably heard it twice, today! I promise you'll hear it again, especially if you're going to perform this holiday season.

Question: What do you personally say in response to something like this?

If you asked me what I would do in that situation...I'd use the Alain Nu line.

During a short interview with the television mentalist extraordinaire, Alain Nu offers up a fantastically classy reply for the cliche statement. His answer is simple and direct.

Alain Nu simply explains to the husband, "I need all the audience I can get."

This statement is sincere, heart-felt, and keeps both the wife and semi-obnoxious husband out of conflict during your show. It's pure class, and I've been using it since Alain said it. If given the opportunity, I suggest you use it too.

Good luck with your performances this holiday season.

Enjoy, and speak with all of you soon.

Cheers,
Lee Asher

Nov 7, 2008
Hofstra Univ.
I usually go with the "its magic not miracles" line then turn to the wife and say "but i'll work on getting him to disappear."

I'm a demonstrator at Toys r us in times square and I get that question A LOT!

Mike.Hankins

creator / <a href="http://www.theory11.com/tricks/
Nov 21, 2009
Sacramento, Cali
Because of my performance style, when asked that question, I usually respond: "Well, last time I did THAT, I got 20." Then I pause for a second and say, "No sir, not 20 dollars, 20 years!" That usually gets a pretty good laugh and im not usually asked that again. lol

CAN YOU MAKE MY WIFE DISAPPEAR?

You've heard it before. Hell, you've probably heard it twice, today! I promise you'll hear it again, especially if you're going to perform this holiday season.

Question: What do you personally say in response to something like this?

If you asked me what I would do in that situation...I'd use the Alain Nu line.

During a short interview with the television mentalist extraordinaire, Alain Nu offers up a fantastically classy reply for the cliche statement. His answer is simple and direct.

Alain Nu simply explains to the husband, "I need all the audience I can get."

This statement is sincere, heart-felt, and keeps both the wife and semi-obnoxious husband out of conflict during your show. It's pure class, and I've been using it since Alain said it. If given the opportunity, I suggest you use it too.

Good luck with your performances this holiday season.

Enjoy, and speak with all of you soon.

Cheers,
Lee Asher
funny that you use that....and its really smart and safe....i was once doing a dissapearing/reapperance act, on stage and this lady saw me on T.V. and asked me could i make myself appear in front of her on one of my e-mails.....she also sent a pic of herself...quite revealing i may add.....i couldn't do anything but laugh....it was really flattering and crazy at the same time....

Mar 29, 2008
I always found that comment very distasteful, especially when the wife is present. The joke is at her expense, so depending on the group I have used all of these lines.

"Keep talking like that, and she will disappear on her own"

"Earlier, she asked me to do the same to you...and she offered $, your $...so, what are you offering?"

"Are you that annoying that she needs a seperate vacation?"

I think all these lines slap the hand of the gentlemen in a playful way. However, Alain's line handles it in a very non-confrontational way that is sincere. Thanks for sharing Lee.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results