You know you're a card artist when...

Jul 13, 2009
Edmonton, Canada
I've had that happen... It's funny though cause now I can feel when cards are missing... Just by holding the deck.

lol believe it or not ... but me too. I amaze myself everytime i count the cards when i "feel" that there are cards missing and find out that i was acutally right .... When one card is missing, i feel something is weird. When two cards are missing, it becomes SOOO obvious to me that i'm not holding a full deck. Never knew i would develop such ability, but i did .... Never was aware of it until i started sensing when cards are missing ... WEEIIIRRRDDD

lol believe it or not ... but me too. I amaze myself everytime i count the cards when i "feel" that there are cards missing and find out that i was acutally right .... When one card is missing, i feel something is weird. When two cards are missing, it becomes SOOO obvious to me that i'm not holding a full deck. Never knew i would develop such ability, but i did .... Never was aware of it until i started sensing when cards are missing ... WEEIIIRRRDDD

My card senses are tingling, lol.

Jul 13, 2009
Edmonton, Canada
It's even more satisfying when someone gives you a deck to shuffle before a game and you go ... "Dude, that's not even a full deck ..." within seconds of holding it .... :)

Jun 9, 2011
I feel like I've found a place where I can belong...in this thread ;P

for girls-
When you're at a boring dinner party and your playing with the cards in your purse.

Dec 12, 2010
So true! lol

-You flourish with the business cards at your haircut place, barber shop, whatever. (I flourish with them when I'm actually getting the haircut... :p)

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 22, 2009
There's so many responses to this, but I just had to.

You do flickr (thevirts lil one card flourish) to everything that resembles a card

You've tried to faro a pack of 3 by 5 cards at school

You've tried to actually do magic with a pack of 3 by 5 cards

Your card drawers are more organized than your dresser.

:D

May 15, 2011
You know you're a card artist when somebody in your household sees two decks of identical cards and stacks them on top of each other when they are cleaning. And then you FLIP OUT

Dec 12, 2010
There's so many responses to this, but I just had to.

You do flickr (thevirts lil one card flourish) to everything that resembles a card

You've tried to faro a pack of 3 by 5 cards at school

You've tried to actually do magic with a pack of 3 by 5 cards

Your card drawers are more organized than your dresser.

:D

Guilty of all of the above. :p

And most of the other 19 pages.

I thought of one today: You have so many cards, you don't need toilet paper for the next several years.

Dec 12, 2010
My sister gave me a good one...

-You use more liquid soap than you drink fluids in a day.

-Casey

Nov 27, 2010
Got some more........

-When fitting in to a new crowd is no problem at all.
-When you do homework and eat dinner with your cards next to you.
-you get angry when you see TV characters playing with cards.
-when your veins pop out easily when you point your hand downwards (TRY IT!!!!!!)
-When annoying people ask if they can show you some boring, old, obvious trick.

Jay Adra

Elite Member
Jul 11, 2011
Australia
www.jayadra.com
Great to see all these and be able to relate to most of them (had to read all 20 pages before posting, so I didn't double up :p).

- When a friend/relative knows your into cards and buys you a cheap plastic Svengali deck as a present and you have to pretend to be excited and grateful.

Might be more magic than cardistry, but still works :)

Jul 16, 2011
-when you ask a spectator to sign a card (hopefully not the centurions) and they respond "What?? You actually want me to write my name on the card????"
-When you tear up a card during performance and the crowd seems stunned that you actually just ruined a playing card
-When you entertain yourself on long car rides with a deck (or three) of cards, and portable DVD player, and Dan&Daves trilogy
-When studying for an exam, you constantly stop, get an idea, and grab a deck of cards, and tinker with them. then you look at the clock and realise its very late and you must make the decision to put off studying or continue to tinker with your cards

i dont know if these will apply to everyone, but these certainly happen to me alot

Jul 17, 2011
When you spent about 6 hours reading 20 pages of this thread. And you were cracking up the whole time.
When your arm feels like its about to fall off, but you just keep picking up the deck.

that's all I got for now.

These are some of my favorite earlier posts:
When you hesitate to eat pizza because you're afraid your hands will get all greasy and you'll ruin your cards the next time you practice.
Guilty
If you make a religon called Dan&Dave.
The holy trini..I mean trilogy.
Someone asks for your card, and you pull 52 out and have them pick one.
Now that's just clever!
You've laughed and said "Yep" to most of these.
When people say 'trick' you want to correct them and say 'effect'
If you are playing with a deck as you read this post.
you have seen "Rounders" and "Shade" at least five times each
Well, Shade anyway. :D Still need to watch Rounders

Dec 12, 2010
When you're the only boy in your school who washes hands after going to the bathroom.

(Thought of by my sister...)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results