Sleeping Queens

Aug 31, 2007
Hartford, CT
I think I'm going to buy it. I mean, instead of putting the queen to sleep I can say I'm hypnotizing her! It would go perfectly with my hypnosis shows. :)

May 24, 2008
I already ordered it. On the papercraneproductions website it says that there are no specially printed cards, so it is not a gaff, and the gum tricks look so magical. So you guys should stop acting like you know everything, or at least read papercraneproductions posts which again state that sleeves are not needed for the gum effects, and that there are no specially printed cards (gaffs).

For some reason this effect just seems to strike a cord with me. The possibility of causing the eyes to close with only using 1 card, no extra's is kinda mind-boggling.

The gum effects look very promising as well I might add. I'll wait for reviews before I go rushing into anything.

-RA69

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
I already ordered it. On the papercraneproductions website it says that there are no specially printed cards, so it is not a gaff, and the gum tricks look so magical. So you guys should stop acting like you know everything, or at least read papercraneproductions posts which again state that sleeves are not needed for the gum effects, and that there are no specially printed cards (gaffs).

He's got a point. The guys who dissed it as a colour change and gaff card, find out before you diss, it really just comes off as either a novice or too judgmental, either/or, regardless of intent... Not liking the concept is totally different matter, though. I like the idea personally, I'd consider getting it.

Aug 1, 2008
Salinas, CA
True that...!

I kinda Dislike how people are quick to judge something even though they have no idea how it will be or how it works. Just look at the fact people made about D&D'S cards That no one has yet. Kinda sad...! Like I'm sure you have all been told once in your life Don't judge a book by its cover..! people will respect you more for truth and facts So make Sure when Jumping to Quick Thoughts about anything that it is truth and facts to what you say. Because Immaturity and Ignorance never got anyone far in life.

Jun 13, 2008
Tacoma, WA
I'm just not impressed by the effect. As I said earlier, I couldn't care less whether or not it had gaffs/gimmicks. It just wasn't visually impressive to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
Hmm, I quite like it. It's my sort of trick. BUt I think it is one of those tricks that has to fit 'with you' and I see why alot of people don't like it too much.

Apr 28, 2008
It doesn't make much difference to me how it's achieved, the effect (or something so close to it spectators wouldn't notice the difference) could be done with a colour change and a gaff.

The effect is more important than the method and the effect doesn't really do anything for me.

I'm sure it will work for a lot of people but i'll pass on this one.

May 24, 2008
It doesn't make much difference to me how it's achieved, the effect (or something so close to it spectators wouldn't notice the difference) could be done with a colour change and a gaff.

The effect is more important than the method and the effect doesn't really do anything for me.

See, that makes sense, you are not buying it because the effects do not appeal to you. They appeal to me, so I will definitely buy this (already did, somehow, but now its back ordered). It is just annoying how people judge the effect because they think they know the method and show off their "skillz" before even researching their theories first. Once I receive this, I will be happy to make a review.

Sep 1, 2007

Yes the effect can be done as you said, but from what I read, this is a new principle that can be applied elsewhere, not just limited on this one effect alone.

But it's still too early to tell. Just a guess.

Nov 23, 2007
NC
Ripoff of Sankey's REM!!!

You didnt read the thread. On page 2 he says "I will say just like Dan White does that it is completely different than sankeys's. This uses a really cool new principle that has many more uses than just the queen effect".

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results