Please help! A wannabe keeps revealing everything!

alright. well stop doing magic. its that easy.
if you dont do magic, he wont bug you. there easy as that. i know u like showing off and trying to get girls (there was just a topic on that, which wont work very well and its easyer just to talk to the girl) but its not worth it in school. just keep it incognito, then people will ask and you can say that kid is bein a dick and then they'll take care of him for you.
if your soo worried about it, then stop doing magic for a few months. just practice at home. and when you start doing magic again, people will be all impressed and what not. so yea.

Mar 12, 2009
I would suggest killing that SOB.
Like, seriously. Don't let him ruin everything for you.
Tell him to stop. If he doesn't, just give him the biggest slap in all history across his face.

Ask him if he has a life and tell him to buy a cheap whore so he develops some sort of human interaction other than annoying somebody.

Otherwise just don't perform at school, just perform in other social places. If he continues this even there then honestly beat his a$%. I doubt he would go this far, however some people are honestly crazy and really have no life.

wZEnigma

Elite Member
Jun 17, 2009
NE Ohio.
ianchandlerwriting.com
alright. well stop doing magic. its that easy.
if you dont do magic, he wont bug you. there easy as that. i know u like showing off and trying to get girls (there was just a topic on that, which wont work very well and its easyer just to talk to the girl) but its not worth it in school. just keep it incognito, then people will ask and you can say that kid is bein a dick and then they'll take care of him for you.
if your soo worried about it, then stop doing magic for a few months. just practice at home. and when you start doing magic again, people will be all impressed and what not. so yea.
Agreed.

The other suggestions - not so much. They all involve you sinking to his immature level to try and prove yourself. He's the one at fault, not you. Stop doing it at school, or at least in classes/places where he's not. Also, practice more. There seem to be a few flaws on your part, as well.

1. If he doesn't know the names of the effects, how can he look for them? I'm just curious as to if you tell him the names, which is sudden death.
2. Your magic may not be at the best level possible. If it is, and he's just ruining them, read on:

Talk to him. Honestly. Tell him that he's not the coolest hot dog in school by revealing your magic. Make him realize what he is: an immature, selfish person. If this is on a deeper level, I suggest he talks to a counselor about his personal problems, but if it's not (it may be related to age, as I'm not sure how old you two are) then just talk to him. It may be a case of separation. Just don't talk to him. And please don't begin any violence, regardless of what people here say. Anyone who suggests that has no experience dealing with this sort of thing, or very little, or a mistaken view on it. Violence can only lead to bad things, trust me.

You'll find problems all throughout your life. It's how you deal with those that make you who you are.

...Deep, I know.

Ian

Jul 1, 2009
Austin,TX
Really guys what kind fo advice is this. What if somebody actually does this because they take yall ignorant advice. We need to be civil here guys. The first advice was good,but the others are stupid. You should tell him to do a trick while performing for a group of people. He will chock up and look so stupid. But don't take anyway of the advice that involves phsical abuse.

Nov 7, 2009
Paris, France
Or perform for HIM a trick, then say : Ok I'll show you how it's done... It uses this little piece of paper and this magic lighter : can you hold it for me ?
And Woooosh throw the ignited flash paper towards him :p

Nov 7, 2009
After reading your comments I relised what to do...

I would never stop magic due to one person so im definatally not stopping.

Also alot of other people think either killing him or beating him up is the answer but I wouldnt agree to that for one second.

I have never told him what my tricks are called but after searching rubberband magic revealed or moving pips card trick revealed you eventully get an explanation on how I do it.

I have decided to tell him that I quit magic even though I havent... Therfore he wont bug me anymore. I will stop performing at school and consentrate on my street magic where he wont be there.

Thanks for all the help. Even if I didnt agree with the idea all the suggestions were thought about and deeply considered.

If you still want to share an idea please feel free as I will still consider it and it will still possibally help me.

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
Really guys what kind fo advice is this. What if somebody actually does this because they take yall ignorant advice. We need to be civil here guys. The first advice was good,but the others are stupid. You should tell him to do a trick while performing for a group of people. He will chock up and look so stupid. But don't take anyway of the advice that involves phsical abuse.

Perform gator boots with razorblades.

Seriously. Just stop performing at school, the risks are way to high and there is no win win situation here.

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
I know it may sound crazy, but keep performing, don't let him get to you. Show him that you're very serious of your art and enjoy performing and next time he tries to interupt, ignore him. If that doesn't work, confront him and talk to him and if that does not work, stop performing. Or you can just perform when he's not around.

Inferno Kaiser

So everyone I perform magic at school on a daily basis... Although everytime I perform there is this boy who keeps revealing and trying to ruin my act.

Every trick i do hes like let me shuffle! there fake! let me see them! ive seen this before!

Im sick of this guy and he gets worse...

He goes on illegal website downloading torrents (like the download of proffesional tricks) to see how i do my tricks. Then he tells everyone at school thinking hes cool...

Just yesterday I was showing a mindreading trick and he barged in half way through explaining how it was done.

Ive tried performing away from him but he just keeps following me and wrecking my magic...

I really dont want to have to stop performing so please help me.

What shall I do? Ive tried alking to him but he wont listen he just wants attention. I feel like punching this guy but then everyone will think im a jerk...

Please tell me what I should do. ANY help is appreciated!

Thanks for reading please help? :confused:
hey man just don't do magic at all...that simple...hey if you've ever created a trick...do that...something that he doesn't know...

Instead of spending $60 bucks on your next magic trick, instead invest it on a DVD or Book about Hecklers, or Audience Managment. It sounds like you need it.

Here's the facts. There are always going to be jerks out there that will try to get your best. If you acknoweldge them, then you give them power, and exactly what they want; Attention. Don't play their game by their rules, you can't win.

Instead learn what an abort is, and use it. Just shut down performing anytime he shows up, even if it's mid trick. Refuse to continue until he goes away. Your audience will police themselvs, and may even get rid of him for you. It's your act, your rules.

In the meantime, as I pointed out above, invest in learning to deal with hecklers. This guy won't be your last one.

Sep 4, 2009
here what i do to poeple like that. I get in their faces and say in the most scariest and serious voice possible "Dude you have GOT to stop, you are being a real jerk. You may not like me because your jealous but don't ruin for everybody else. I swear to god, don't do it again."

That works. People back off. Even most of the time people say "I saw that" and i just look at them with a face of "good job" and i shake my head, and they get the point that they think they're smart, but not to ruin for everyone else. But if that doesn't work, just get in his face (that is, if he does it again) and tell him he's an ass.

Nov 7, 2009
hey man just don't do magic at all...that simple...hey if you've ever created a trick...do that...something that he doesn't know...

I understand what your saying but creating a trick is very hard! Magic has been around for 1000's of years and creating a fresh trick is like finding a needle in a stack....

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
here what i do to poeple like that. I get in their faces and say in the most scariest and serious voice possible "Dude you have GOT to stop, you are being a real jerk. You may not like me because your jealous but don't ruin for everybody else. I swear to god, don't do it again."

That works. People back off. Even most of the time people say "I saw that" and i just look at them with a face of "good job" and i shake my head, and they get the point that they think they're smart, but not to ruin for everyone else. But if that doesn't work, just get in his face (that is, if he does it again) and tell him he's an ass.

Yeah making them feel bad and embarrasing them in front of other people is the way to go :rolleyes:

Way to go tiger.

Oct 29, 2009
Just around
Yea, you should invest in a book about audience managment or a book on how to deal with hecklers. Another way to deal with them, as said above, is to embarrass them. Don't be mean (unless they have been continuing and won't stop) but say something like, "Alright, here you go (hand him the deck) I'm tired right now, you show them something." Say it casual, not like you are mad. Say it like you actually mean it. Somehow, however you want, put him in the spotlight in an embarrassing way. Also, the audience will many times just tell the guy to shut up. Turn your audience against him, get them to do the dirty work. Most likely, he will feel stupid and stop.

Cheers

I'm split on using heckler lines... One the one hand, a good quip is usually enouh to shut someone up, but on the other hand it also brings them into the conversation and almost gives them permission to press the situation with a retort of their own. I'd be careful about using it. This doesn't seem like the guy that it would work on.

But, if you must I'll give you my heckler line. "You know, I've read the script to this act before, and you don't have a speaking part."

It's curt, yet also sends them a polite (as much as it can be) message to shut up.

Mar 12, 2009
hey man just don't do magic at all...that simple...

You are saying he should stop doing magic just because one immature heckler?! What the hell!
I seriously hope you just mean performing magic at school, but that "at all" makes me think otherwise.

-

Hey man, you shouldn't even let him bother you. Stopping performing at your school is NOT the answer! If everybody stopped what they were doing, every single time something got in their way, we would probably all be cavemen..

If you want to perform at your school, then by ALL MEANS DO IT!
Don't let him ruin it for you. I hope you wont let him get in your way.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results