Luke Jermay - Buyer Beware

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 1, 2010
Hong Kong
However, this could be someone else who got in the middle of it. You never know. I would like someone from T11 to solve this. I have faith that they know who Luke is. And I have faith that a T11 artist wouldn't do this. I am sure that in the end things will be much brighter. I do hope this is just a misunderstanding.

Hopefully it's just a misunderstanding...

But Luke Jermay hasnt tweeted anymore since the incident and people were just confused about where their money went. Also, many member said this is not an exceptional case. The external evidences point to a conclusion, this looks like a scam.

However, we wouldn't know the truth until Luke Jermay explain this.

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Hi guys,

I forwarded a link to this thread to the appropriate parties to check into and hopefully resolve all concerns. That said, do note that Colorblind is a theory11 production and as such, all production, fulfillment, shipping, and order processing is handled entirely by our team. However, I certainly understand your hesitations. I feel it important to emphasize that a product of this sort is worked on by many more than just one person - our whole team poured passion and energy into making this an amazing video. I am very proud of the product we produced and thankful for your support.

Regarding the concerns raised on other products and sales outside of our influence and control, I am optimistic that an amicable resolution can be reached. We place nothing in higher priority than the well being of our members, and as such, I will personally try my best to make sure this reaches a happy ending. I look upon this community as a family and we will never ignore concerns rightfully expressed in sincerity.

Without a doubt I know theory11 would indeed ship their products, heck, they even hand delivered a package! (JB, please for the love of God tell me who left it! I'm going crazy!) I think the reasons for the accusations is to question "Why support a scammer?" Now, I'm not necessarily thinking that question, but I know it's buzzing around people's minds here on the forums. If he has a background, there is something sketchy with him. Maybe theory11 did not know about his past,which is why they must be shocked with this thread and the claims made. I can say that theory11 will NOT by any means scam anyone, so if you guys purchase Colorblind you would definitely get it. I think we need Luke to share his own personal thoughts in this thread to know about his past.

-Casey

May 15, 2010
With Gerard Way
JB, thank you for posting on this thread. It is much appreciated.

JB, you get a virtual hug, PS: what happened to Dan White?

Now, I have faith that Colorblind will be fine because as JB said, the whole T11 team is in it. Not just Luke so it will be fine, however I understand if someone doesn't want to support him but buying the DVD supports T11.

I just thought it was interesting that JB only commented on the production of Colorblind, however, he cannot speak for Luke just like we cannot speak for Luke. I now do believe he should hop over to the forums and comment on this himself.

Luke, that is YOUR cue. . .

I can't speak for you, but if you read this, forget about Uncle Owan and Aunt Beru, and Darth Vader for a moment. This is your career and your professional reputation on the line.

I do hope that you can solve this. This situation is turning more messy than the garbage shoot in the detention center from cellblock 1138 of the Death Star.

Aug 31, 2007
Lacey,Washington
But all in all. T11 put there blood, sweat, and tears into colorblind so...I'll buy it this coming week. T11 FTW..not so much Luke Jermay. I'm going to support t11 as much as I can :D

May 15, 2010
With Gerard Way
Guys, check out the Magic Café forums. People are bugging about the same topic.

Listen to this:

This is a post by a guy named Piers–––––––––––––––

I wish. This IS bizarre.
No money appeared.

I chased LJ.
He sent me the 'paypal' receipt he had received when 'sending' the money.
The receipt says I need to 'accept' the money.
My Paypal account shows no money and no accept option.
I forwarded it to paypal, asking, 'what's going on - why nothing in my account?!'
Paypal replied that what I sent them was a 'phishing email' !
I await more news from paypal land.

Piers.

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
By the way, because I didn't know what Phishing meant, here is a definition: phishing |ˈfi sh i ng |
noun
the activity of defrauding an online account holder of financial information by posing as a legitimate company : [as adj. ] phishing exercises in which criminals create replicas of commercial Web sites.

Now the link to read the whole conversation yourself is here: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=303473&forum=218

The Luke Jermay conversation starts about half way down.

I THINK IT IS OUR DUTY TO GET TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS

Who's with me and my Pikachu?

Jul 22, 2010
very weird... i was considering buying colorblind but i dont know if i want to support luke jermay

Apr 20, 2010
By the way, because I didn't know what Phishing meant, here is a definition: phishing |ˈfi sh i ng |
noun
the activity of defrauding an online account holder of financial information by posing as a legitimate company : [as adj. ] phishing exercises in which criminals create replicas of commercial Web sites.
While this is fairly straightforward, I feel obligated to explain how most phishing works and why it applies to his story.

Phishing is normally done with two methods, fake site, fake email. In a fake site, the phisherman (note: probably not an actual term) gives you a link to his site replicating the target site (IE: paypal) that simply sends all info to his server/him and then most likely forwards you to the real site. In a fake email, the same strategy is used except for the fact that the sender makes it seem as if the email is coming from an actual paypal email. Used together, these tactics can be devastating. Even more devastating is that most phishing attacks come from controlled bots (previous victims of viruses) controlled by a person/group, thus making the targets recieve more emails, more quickly.

tl;dr: do confirmations over phone and record everything.

Oct 13, 2008
There has been similar mumblings on the Talk Magic site too about Jermay's 'approach' to business over the years. Apparently - and we must remember that some of this may be exaggerated hearsay - he was once taken to court for not delivering products paid for.

I find it hard to believe that someone in Jermay's position would jeopardise that standing, simply by being a rip-off merchant. I'm sure we're all aware of how difficult it is to break through and build a successful career as a magician. As i've said previously, we must remember that a great deal of what's posted on the internet has no basis in fact. There is no internet police force making sure everything said is true.
However, there is such a number of these kind of complaints against Jermay on public forums that it would be ignorant to write them off simply as rumours started by those envious of his acheivements.

If i were Luke, i'd come on to this Forum and clear my name. Colourblind is Luke's first DVD with Theory 11, and i'm sure he'd want to maintain a healthy working relationship with them, and not have it tarnished by allegations such as these.

Your decision to purchase Colourblind is of course completely down to you, but i don't see why Theory 11 should carry the can for any of Jermay's previous actions. I'll watch this thread with interest.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Well, since this topic has popped up, I think it's best to mention something else along the same lines.

Luke has been lambasted recently on The Magic Cafe for something else entirely - re-releasing products, previously promised to be limited edition, and costing hundred of dollars each ($300 range), for very low prices ($30 range).

If you want to find out more, the thread is easy to search for.

May 9, 2008
True, it's a T11 product, but I imagine that Jermay will still be profiting from T11's sales.

But so will theory11, and everyone who worked on the project. I don't think the rest of the crew who worked on it should suffer just because Luke isn't great at follow-thru.

Anywho... did anyone notice Luke Jeremy is an official theory11 artist? When did that happen?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 3, 2007
Kentucky - Temporarily
Rob Domenech???

I spent a lot of time with Rob when I was in Texas last year and he's Luke's best friend. Great guy and really honest. That's very strange that his email is involved.

I've heard many things about Luke myself, but the thing to keep in mind is that most of these things are rumors, and the gossip that is going on here only exaggerates the truth.

|| sean ||

Sep 1, 2007
Ontario, Canada
Rob Domenech???

I spent a lot of time with Rob when I was in Texas last year and he's Luke's best friend. Great guy and really honest. That's very strange that his email is involved.

I've heard many things about Luke myself, but the thing to keep in mind is that most of these things are rumors, and the gossip that is going on here only exaggerates the truth.

|| sean ||

Gossip? Theres several trusted names that report to be ripped off by Luke Jermay. If he would just come here and clear his name than I think everything would be fine. Otherwise, the word needs to be spread.

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
I have had nothing but good experiences when dealing with Luke. When I paypaled him the money for products after one email I recieved what I had asked for. I am glad I haven't been ripped off like many other people have been and Luke has always replied timely to my emails.

The only thing I have against Luke is his questionable beliefs on 'limited' releases.

Sep 19, 2009
On 6/25/2010 at 1:11 AM Luke Jermay tweeted:

"An experiment 1.99 lecture notes for 24 hours! two routines and bonus commentary email luke_jermay@yahoo.com to get yours!"

I emailed him at 1:18 AM that day and received a response from Luke with the following:

"Thanks for your interest in the $1.99 mentalism project! If this project works well I will continue to release material at this price in E-format. Your lecture notes will be emailed to you shortly after payment is made as a PDF file directly to your inbox.

Payment is being made using www.paypal.com. Send 1.99 as a 'gift' to robdomenech@gmail.com and your all set to learn some amazing mentalism right away.

Luke Jermay"

Well it's been quite awhile now since I paypal'd the $1.99 over and still no lecture notes. I even emailed him to no response. He has not tweeted since.

I happened to catch Mr. Jermay on facebook the day after, asking if the lecture notes were still available, and he replied with "no."

Now I am not saying it's not a scam, but if it was, why would he have not taken my money as well.

I am sorry to anyone who has been scammed by Luke, I will hold off on purchasing anything by him until I hear more.

Jan 19, 2008
I got off the phone with my friend and its good to see this is slowly getting resolved (JB posted saying he would forward this thread). Im hoping some good will come from this.

Now Colorblind looks like a great product, and it comes from T11 and everyone worked hard on it, but please for my friends benefit (whos out in the thousands) hold off on purchasing this until it gets resolved. If T11 can get Luke on here and resolve this, then go for it! Il even buy it! But until then if everyone waits it may encourage Luke to refund my friend and everyone can get on with their lives.

Thank you!

Mar 19, 2009
Calgary, AB
But so will theory11, and everyone who worked on the project. I don't think the rest of the crew who worked on it should suffer just because Luke isn't great at follow-thru.

Anywho... did anyone notice Luke Jeremy is an official theory11 artist? When did that happen?

Actually I think theory 11 has some responsibility doing business with Luke. As said this isnt anything new and not know about Luke. So why would theory 11 do any type of project with some one like this? Really makes me wonder.
Now Im not sure of color blind method, but I know Jay Sankey has a very similar effect one of his dvd (i'll find the name asap), which I perform often and gets killer reaction and to me looks exactly the same.

Sep 1, 2007
Actually I think theory 11 has some responsibility doing business with Luke. As said this isnt anything new and not know about Luke. So why would theory 11 do any type of project with some one like this? Really makes me wonder.
Now Im not sure of color blind method, but I know Jay Sankey has a very similar effect one of his dvd (i'll find the name asap), which I perform often and gets killer reaction and to me looks exactly the same.

The Sankey effect is Laying on of Hands found is on his dvd 22 Blows to the Head. It is also found on his dvd Amazing Magic Anyone Can Do Vol. 2

CalvinTan

Elite Member
Guys, check out the Magic Café forums. People are bugging about the same topic.

Listen to this:

This is a post by a guy named Piers–––––––––––––––

I wish. This IS bizarre.
No money appeared.

I chased LJ.
He sent me the 'paypal' receipt he had received when 'sending' the money.
The receipt says I need to 'accept' the money.
My Paypal account shows no money and no accept option.
I forwarded it to paypal, asking, 'what's going on - why nothing in my account?!'
Paypal replied that what I sent them was a 'phishing email' !
I await more news from paypal land.

Piers.

What troubles me is that these posts on the cafe were made a year ago! I hope JB will be able to get to the bottom of things as this seems to be an issue that has been going on for a long time now.

T11 has nothing to do with the mention accusations, however I really can't see how we as a magic community as well as T11 can support him if the accusations are in fact true.

I'm wondering if I should have put my money towards Smoke. :\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results