Bending Coins

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
I've come up with my own variation on the coin bend. The only problem is, how do i bend the coin? I've tried using pliers and wrench but my pliers have a sharp tip so i ended up with a scratched coin. Does anyone know any other method for bending a coin? Thanks!

Dec 10, 2007
Slovenia (Europe)
Yello.

I had the same problem, and even wrapping plier's teeth with cloth didn't help. It just wrecked the cloth.

So what I'd suggest is cardboard. Fold a card in half, insert a coin and bend, bend, bend.

Also, there is this great coin bending tool on the market which resembles pliers, but is made specifically for bending coins. It's called the "Coin bending tool" :eek:.

-Seb

May 4, 2008
NYC
take a table vice and a hammer and hit away, thats how i did it
but I bent it too much lol
it works though
or maybe hold a coin against the edge of a table and hammer it? idk never tried, i might go ahead and try it now though :]

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
USA
I would actually purchase a coin bending trick such as the "boa coin bender"... if that is what it's called... where every time you perform the trick you are actually bending the coin easily

Nov 18, 2008
CA
I usually do it by wrapping the entire coin in a thick layer of electrical tape and then bending it with pliers. If the tape is thick enough it won't scratch the coin and you can remove it afterwards.

Dec 13, 2007
Yello.

I had the same problem, and even wrapping plier's teeth with cloth didn't help. It just wrecked the cloth.

So what I'd suggest is cardboard. Fold a card in half, insert a coin and bend, bend, bend.

Also, there is this great coin bending tool on the market which resembles pliers, but is made specifically for bending coins. It's called the "Coin bending tool" :eek:.

-Seb

thats what i do

Use a thin piece of cardboard (i've never tried a playing card though) and simply wrap the coin in it and bend away

Jan 13, 2008
I just use the superman coin bend...it's cheap enough that the ease of bending that it provides far outweighs any money saved by using other methods (ie. pliers). :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results