A question for every magician?

Ok guys, Cedric's here. I'm putting myself, as well as the rest of you on the spot. If you were caught off guard, lets say totally unprepared:

A spectator comes up to you and ask you to perform a quick effect for either them or their group of friends, and at your disposal are no coins, no cards, no gimmicks or anything, what effect would be your "ACE" to help salvage the moment??? If you have one, list here.

Sep 15, 2007
www.myspace.com
I would perform my own effect "PHONEY"

http://vimeo.com/4332629

An Original Effect Although Using An Old Principle, I Twisted This Little Effect To Be Modernized And Impromptu For LIFE After Only One Literally 5 sec. Set-Up. This Is Something I Am Definitely Adding To My Set. All Of The 5 Items Can Be Borrowed As Well. I Present.... "PHONEY" By: Zac M. Eckstein

Nov 30, 2007
Midlands, England
I would perform my own effect "PHONEY"

http://vimeo.com/4332629

An Original Effect Although Using An Old Principle, I Twisted This Little Effect To Be Modernized And Impromptu For LIFE After Only One Literally 5 sec. Set-Up. This Is Something I Am Definitely Adding To My Set. All Of The 5 Items Can Be Borrowed As Well. I Present.... "PHONEY" By: Zac M. Eckstein

Sorry, but why the capitalizing of the first letter of every word?

And Cedric, mentalism is always a great option. If you haven't already, I'd recommend learning the Acidus peek. With some strong presentation, it'll kill. Plus, it's basically 100% impromptu.

-Sam H

May 12, 2009
Well, I usually have Kolassal Killer in my wallet. However, if i were to not have it with me, I would do something with a CT or do the Circle & Triangle effect.:p

May 8, 2008
England
Try elaborating!

Yeah, bit more specific, would be cool to hear :)

I'm practically only cards, so... Very slowly getting into other things...
No flash paper in the wallet either? I guess I'd do some vanishs with a ring, though I only know the basics, or the effect with the pendulum Derren Brown uses, with an ipod, chain, ear phones, it can work really well :)
Or Tenkai something like reverhart said...

If you haven't already, I'd recommend learning the Acidus peek.

What exactly is this? I guess I might do Matthew Mello's billet tear...

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator
What exactly is this? I guess I might do Matthew Mello's billet tear...

Acidus Novus is a really nice business/index card peek - You can find it in a few different places, most recently Stigmata by Wayne Houchin.

Matt's centre tear is wicked - Really well taught too on his Technique DVD!

Also, try looking into Freak! by Will Houston and I've a little THEFT coming which is totally impromptu and very, VERY powerful.

D.

Aug 31, 2007
Hartford, CT
There's a mentalism effect where I predict the sum of five six-digit numbers. All I really need is a pen and a piece of paper, both ungimmicked.

In fact, I use that as a standby and an out.

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
I dont recall the name but I perform this illusion where I 'rob' them of their physical strength.
I love playing this one big.Playing it big is the only way to do the effect justice.
I usually never get asked to perform on the spot anymore since my friends know im not their monkey. But if im in a good enough mood and someone in the vicinity asks,then im all go.

Sep 1, 2007
Ghost Bills
For One To End...
Garrett Thomas's Ring Thing
Key bends
And I plan to start working with aura reading in the near future.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results