FAIL - Cookie Cutter by Dan Sperry

Sep 20, 2008
Whilst what is said above is true- it saddens me that majority of men go nuts over a female.

Its a girl. there's ****loads walking all around you (unless you dont go out.. then in this case the Girl would either be your mother, or your sister. or both.)

Anywho, Quite good for a first performance. If i was there- i wouldnt give a rats ass if you crumbled the cookie. Cause that is clearly not the effect. in the same sense that when you perform and the card is dropped, i couldnt care less.

As i said before, that was very entertaining. =]

Jul 8, 2008
Wow I don't even know what to say lol. It wasn't funny, it wasn't good, it wasnt creative even! He used Dan's lines, he was being another on of those classic youtube magicians who can't come up with anything themselves. He had NO IDEA how to even control teh audience. He just let everybody step on top fo him adn he killed all teh magic moments. I would rather eat the oreo with the razor blade in it than watch that lol!

Sep 20, 2008
Sorry- do your performances all revolve around you? he initiated Audience participation. Even by accident.

Actually, you know what, next time get some smoke machines, a seductive assistant and tell the audience to shut the hell up when you're performing. (tell em to stop eating oreos too.)

On top of that, get a big ass'ed smoke machine, just to make things all perfect and Artsy and magical and all that crap.

Jesus christ. i cant actually see any flaw in his performance besides the fact that the cookie kept crumbling. (which later turned out to be an advantage anyways.)

Jul 8, 2008
He didn't actually handle the cookie crumbling all those times. "oh hahahahhahha it keeps breaking, lets try it again. Oh it broke again hahahhahahahahahahahaha. hahahahahahaha. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHA!". The audience got too out of line. They were stepping on him whether you know it or not. I don't EVERY let my audience jump out of their seats to rush up and take my props, even if it is just a simple cookie. It's bad showmanship. Argue if you want but the moral to the story is be prepared for everything, which he obviousl was NOT, even if he did try to "fix" the problem. Even if it was a bad batch or oreos or he was just nervous and kept breaking it on his own occord. Idk, but there is somethign to be learned here by everyone.

Jul 8, 2008
He didn't actually handle the cookie crumbling all those times. "oh hahahahhahha it keeps breaking, lets try it again. Oh it broke again hahahhahahahahahahahaha. hahahahahahaha. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHA!". The audience got too out of line. They were stepping on him whether you know it or not. I don't EVERY let my audience jump out of their seats to rush up and take my props, even if it is just a simple cookie. It's bad showmanship. Argue if you want but the moral to the story is be prepared for everything, which he obviousl was NOT, even if he did try to "fix" the problem. Even if it was a bad batch or oreos or he was just nervous and kept breaking it on his own occord. Idk, but there is somethign to be learned here by everyone. And seriously, what was with using almost all of Dan's lines? Can anybody answer me that?

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
He didn't actually handle the cookie crumbling all those times. "oh hahahahhahha it keeps breaking, lets try it again. Oh it broke again hahahhahahahahahahahaha. hahahahahahaha. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHA!". The audience got too out of line. They were stepping on him whether you know it or not. I don't EVERY let my audience jump out of their seats to rush up and take my props, even if it is just a simple cookie. It's bad showmanship. Argue if you want but the moral to the story is be prepared for everything, which he obviousl was NOT, even if he did try to "fix" the problem. Even if it was a bad batch or oreos or he was just nervous and kept breaking it on his own occord. Idk, but there is somethign to be learned here by everyone. And seriously, what was with using almost all of Dan's lines? Can anybody answer me that?

Here is a direct quote from Tom, "I messed this up major. It didnt go as smoothly as planned, it was my first attempt and I sort of ripped DS's patter which I regret major cause I'm nothing like him. Oh well, it was still lots of fun.

Cheers, Tom "

If the audience was entertained than I think he did his job right. Everybody was having fun.

Yep, I agree completely. Like I've said it was my first time I was uber nervous and I'm just glad it wasn't in front of lay people. This was at my magic club and everyone there is a magician, so it was sort of a practise go, because the only real way to practise is by just going out there and doing it, and this was my night to try it out.

And yes, as V quoted I completely regret stealing from Dan. Patter was the thing, as everyone can see, I worked on the least. And this was a learning experience for me big time, I learn that I need to be prepared for the very worst, and I was not. I need to handle my audience better when the very worst begins.

I didn't mean for this to be posted up in the general discussion, it was just posted after my review. But now I guess everyone can learn from my mistakes.

Cheers, Tom

James Wise Magic

Elite Member
Dec 28, 2007

But you are forgetting a very important thing. Did the audience enjoy it and have fun????? I think the obvious answer is yes. Magic performances doesn't have to be all this serious dramatic thing sometimes depending on the situation, magic can just be laid back and having a bunch of laughs.

Sure he could have taken this seriously and performed it correctly and try to keep the audience down a bit, but the problem about that is that, sure they might enjoy it but I bet they would rather enjoy the fun in that performance that the correct way.

The moral of the story: HAVE FUN And like I said before, obviously his audience did.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results