The Magician Online

The Magician Online is a live, interactive, online experience - in the comfort of your own home. Starring Dan White. As seen by Ashton Kutcher, Ariana Grande, Chris Rock, James Corden, Jessica Alba, and President Clinton.

See details

King Rising Levitation Practicality

Oct 11, 2007
I've had the King Rising for a little over a year and I am still questioning how practical the effect reallly is. Is there anyone who has performed this successfully and often?

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
'cept for maybe loops levitations.
I actually have used the balducci lev. and it still works!haha.I thought most laymen knew that method.
I almost never perform it though.

James Wise Magic

Elite Member
Dec 28, 2007
I personally hate the King's Rising levitation. I think it's a pretty dumb method. No offence. I love the idea of levitating, but so far the only self leviatation methods I have come across suck something fierce.

It would be cool if theory11 would come up with a WHOLE new method and sell it here. That would be great!!

Oct 31, 2007
Yeah, I bought KR about a year ago and I have never used it. I thought it would be a totally awesome and new way to levitate, and trust me it is a cool method, but I have never found a practical use for it. Levitation has never really fit into my own routine so it doesn't fit with anything I do. If I do it, the effect is more like hey look what I can do. I'm not really like that.

Over all I think it is a good effect and method in thought but not very practical.

Orin

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator
I did some work on a KR related project for Brad C. about 4-5 years ago, created a gimmicked version that's much more workable.

Not impromptu like the KR though - If you imagine a cross between KR and Zero Gravity. Hopefully that should give people with KR a tip on the method so you can go play with it, but any other questions just PM.

The book it was going in didn't get published in the end though - I was super disappointed!:(

D.

Oct 11, 2007
Yeah, I would really like to create a new method that people would actually use often. I want it to be creative and practical. I'll work on it!

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator
I look forward to seeing anything you come up with! I did a LOAD of work on self-lev's a few years ago and there's so many cool allyways you can take - I've just re-opened the book so we'll all work on lots of stuff and I'm sure one of us here will come up with something cool!:p

D.

Apr 27, 2008
I never use levitations unless, I happen to be doing magic where no one is behind me or my back is against the wall. Then I use Skywalker by the Enchantment. It's about 20 bucks and is very cool, prefer it over any other levitation on the market.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results