My Aunt on A&E

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 11, 2009
idk man. i think after we see the show we'll just have more to say. and it doesn't look good for you...... sorry man.

That's ok. As far as something not looking good for me? Not at all you see I have the experience that when you do something well, those who don't will try and trash you for it. So, who wants to get in line?

Sep 2, 2007
uh, what do you mean 'I believe in you'? I'm not claiming anything to garner belief in myself.

also, I agree with William. if you've been published in magic, we would like refrences. I'm not calling you a liar, but without proof or sources, you may as well be.

EDIT;
if Randi says ;show me something psychic' and you perform a card trick. thats hardly psychic

Jan 11, 2009
Yeah, and I can fortune tell, crystal ball gaze, tarot card read, palm read, perform seances, AND cold read too, but that doesn't mean that I'm psychic, or have any special powers.

I'm just an entertainer out to make a buck, and the marks true to the Barnum Effect will believe ANYTHING so long as it is presented with enough conviction.

As to your aunt's amazing ability to find a body: All I can say is lucky guess? Maybe she knows people that tipped her off, maybe she killed the guy, who knows? I don't believe in organized psychic power, and I'm fairly sure your aunt just got lucky.

As to curses: I believe they are complete and utter hogwash bull****. Someone would have a better chance of convencing me that Jesus Christ was the son of god who performed miracles, died for my sins, and was resurrected three days later than convincing me that someone is capable of placing or lifting black magic curses. Again, Barnum Effect for the people that buy that crap, and people back in Babe Ruth's day were JUST as gullible as they are now.

As to your credits: I don't know who you are, but if you are so published then first, well done. Secondly, I hope you are willing to cite credits and links. Other wise you don't have a leg to stand on.

Honestly, you come onto a magicians forum and post up this kind of BS opinion and you honestly expect that a bunch of people who make their living based off lies and deception to fall for this kind of story? What kind of mark do you honestly take us for anyways?

Props that your aunt is on TV, but dude the topic is complete bull****.

ah, spoken well... Lets see I am the Amazing Tarquin and I am pretty well known as the guy who started online magic forums or at least made it popular. I am also known as the Great Tarko (because people instead of calling me Tarkin (Tarquin) they would just call me Tark and David Blaine would called me "The Great Tarko or tarko the Great) but also if you google "Churchwell Lorayne" you will get lots of hits of Harry Loraynes Apocolypse books and it will also have my name on those listings and I hope that helps but I am not here really to promote myself but just to talk a bit about the Churchwells being all psychic and stuff

Wow imagine that, all those players all those years losing just cause someone said so. Wow

I'm willing to believe in a bad run of "luck", conditions not being favorable, players mental, and physical health not at peek, variances in skill level, and chances or opportunities presented and taken advantage of LONG before I believe in a curse.

Come on man, we don't live in the dark ages anymore. We shouldn't be so quick to accept the most abstract explanation given.

Ever hear of Mass hysteria? It is where people will start showing medical symptoms they do not really have, only because they think they have them. Truth be told, plenty of teams lose for years, because they suck and did not have the skill. So you start off on a losing streak, suddenly people start claiming your cursed, let this carry on for 80 some years and you have convinced people beyond a shadow of a doubt that they are cursed. This only takes away from your confidence. The old phrase comes to mind...

"Whether you think you can, or think you cant, youre right"...not a totally true quote but it has its grounds.

Jan 11, 2009
uh, what do you mean 'I believe in you'? I'm not claiming anything to garner belief in myself.

also, I agree with William. if you've been published in magic, we would like refrences. I'm not calling you a liar, but without proof or sources, you may as well be.

EDIT;
if Randi says ;show me something psychic' and you perform a card trick. thats hardly psychic

Thats right to your Randi quote because he claimed to be a magician and I fool him with magic. I was not going to sit all day doing psychic spoon bending for him because I didn't have the time.

You all like to say "prove yourself but you don't look" Try searcing "Lorayne Churchwell" and when you see the listing TC Churchwell in the listings of his books then woo hoo, you have reach a apex in this discussion

the only thing i havta say is Tarquin, you seem to get very aggitated when someone dissagrees with you. and you always havta write a post back with a negative sounding attitude. maybe thats why people havta dissagree with you more and more.

but thats cool the A&E thing.
i dont have A&E but if im at my gfs house i'll check out a&E to see if its on
cheers

Jan 11, 2009
Ever hear of Mass hysteria? It is where people will start showing medical symptoms they do not really have, only because they think they have them. Truth be told, plenty of teams lose for years, because they suck and did not have the skill. So you start off on a losing streak, suddenly people start claiming your cursed, let this carry on for 80 some years and you have convinced people beyond a shadow of a doubt that they are cursed. This only takes away from your confidence. The old phrase comes to mind...

"Whether you think you can, or think you cant, youre right"...not a totally true quote but it has its grounds.

So you saying the Yankee said "Lets lose to the red sox now since the curse is lifted? Oh tell me again how that happned? Didn't they win two games out of the 6 and the red sox slam them for the next 3 or 4? Hmm so is there like a bunch of Yankees out to make a hit on my family here?

ah, spoken well... Lets see I am the Amazing Tarquin and I am pretty well known as the guy who started online magic forums or at least made it popular. I am also known as the Great Tarko (because people instead of calling me Tarkin (Tarquin) they would just call me Tark and David Blaine would called me "The Great Tarko or tarko the Great) but also if you google "Churchwell Lorayne" you will get lots of hits of Harry Loraynes Apocolypse books and it will also have my name on those listings and I hope that helps but I am not here really to promote myself but just to talk a bit about the Churchwells being all psychic and stuff

Wait a tick. You mean to say that you are the same Tarko that is or was featured in a David Blaine special or two?

So you are trying to tell me that you are David Blaine himself in a disguise?

I'll cut this to the quick, Before we go a step further in this dance. Just so you know I am Aye Jaye's apprentice and I am fully prepared to call you out on anything I can precieve as a bluff. If you are remotely close to who you claim and who I think you are then you'll know well who I speak of.

Sep 1, 2007
watch the show on September 16th and then we will talk

When Uwe Boll said to his critics with a smile and a laugh, "Watch Postal, and then you judge," it was charming in a perplexing sort of way. This... not so much.

I don't think my request was that unreasonable as I asked for a very specific type of documentation and suggested a number of alternatives you could take to provide me with information such that I could obtain the desired statements myself with a little effort. I'm not asking for the damn moon.

I understand that acquiring the actual documentation may not be possible. That is why I punched in those "If, then..." statements. Should neither one of us be able to acquire the data I'm looking for, we can mutually agree that it was not for a lack of trying.

My request stands.

Not at all you see I have the experience that when you do something well, those who don't will try and trash you for it. So, who wants to get in line?

I'm sure you didn't intend this, but that came across just a little paranoid.

Aug 18, 2008

ummm...no?

Jan 11, 2009
the only thing i havta say is Tarquin, you seem to get very aggitated when someone dissagrees with you. and you always havta write a post back with a negative sounding attitude. maybe thats why people havta dissagree with you more and more.

but thats cool the A&E thing.
i dont have A&E but if im at my gfs house i'll check out a&E to see if its on
cheers

Nah ya see if you watched the video you see I talk slurr and slow now since I came out of a 5 day diabetic coma so I don't type well and I only respond according to the attitude presented or are you saying the second post the guy say "You and your aunt of full of crap" I should have politely said "Thank you?"

Nah ya see if you watched the video you see I talk slurr and slow now since I came out of a 5 day diabetic coma so I don't type well and I only respond according to the attitude presented or are you saying the second post the guy say "You and your aunt of full of crap" I should have politely said "Thank you?"

no, but you could have said. well you have your opinions and i have mine. im entitled to my opinons and i stick by them. but thanks anyway.
then that kid would look like a jerk and you would end off being polite and sticking to your opinion.
just saying.

and i have searched you up. so yea. idk just thought i would tell u before you tell me.

Jan 11, 2009
When Uwe Boll said to his critics with a smile and a laugh, "Watch Postal, and then you judge," it was charming in a perplexing sort of way. This... not so much.

I don't think my request was that unreasonable as I asked for a very specific type of documentation and suggested a number of alternatives you could take to provide me with information such that I could obtain the desired statements myself with a little effort. I'm not asking for the damn moon.

I understand that acquiring the actual documentation may not be possible. That is why I punched in those "If, then..." statements. Should neither one of us be able to acquire the data I'm looking for, we can mutually agree that it was not for a lack of trying.

My request stands.

I'm sure you didn't intend this, but that came across just a little paranoid.

And my polite response is on the show you will see many names which you can go and investigate yourself. I already know what I know. If you wish to beleive we are phonies then by all means beleive it and have a great day. You haven't even started looking but want me to lay out years of names and tap policeman on the shoulder and say "Ah some magician on a forums wants to speak to you right now." Best bet would be "watch the show and call the names you see on the show and work from there"

I came accross I little paranoid about people trashing me? No, maybe you could go back to the second post under my first post and then read from there. Not paranoid...experienced in this forum

Jan 11, 2009
no, but you could have said. well you have your opinions and i have mine. im entitled to my opinons and i stick by them. but thanks anyway.
then that kid would look like a jerk and you would end off being polite and sticking to your opinion.
just saying.

and i have searched you up. so yea. idk just thought i would tell u before you tell me.

I think he was looking like a jerk without me having to say anything. He just hasn't said anything about you or your family yet

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
Thats right to your Randi quote because he claimed to be a magician and I fool him with magic. I was not going to sit all day doing psychic spoon bending for him because I didn't have the time.

You all like to say "prove yourself but you don't look" Try searcing "Lorayne Churchwell" and when you see the listing TC Churchwell in the listings of his books then woo hoo, you have reach a apex in this discussion

That's really bad logic right there. Lot's of magicians and pro's have been fooled by effects. Hell most pro's don't pay attention to what's being put on the market and a lot of underground ones have fooled people who thought they were in the know. Vernon was fooled when he saw Larry jennings do Stencils Aces at the Magic Castle back in the day. Jeff McBride was blown away by Akira Fuji's Jet coins and also by things that Paul Brook ( A Mentalist out of the UK) as done as well. Just because you fooled him, doesn't mean that he's not really a magician. I don't even think James Randi performs anymore. So he's pretty much out of the loop.

Also the Amazing Tarko was a David Blaine character, which was a homage to Tony Clifton (Andy Kaufmen).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results