My Aunt on A&E

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 1, 2007
Now all those who want to attack psychics thats ok, I know a lot of entertainers who want to attack magicians but I am also a magician and I have original magic published in many many magazines and magic books and many magicians do videos with my magic in them and if you don't want to research and find I speak the truth and just hurl insults then that shows me who you are.

That sentence was a little hard to follow but... am I correct in guessing that you just compared not liking those who claim psychic powers with not liking magicians?

I can't speak for those who don't like magicians, but personally... I have my issues with psychic detectives and faith healers and psychic consultants, etc, etc, etc because I'm an empiricist and a skeptic... and the sheer number of horror stories I've heard only serve to reinforce my skepticism.

You say that your family have found missing persons (or bodies as the case may be) numbering in the hundreds. Documentation would be good. Sources that I can independently verify and corroborate would be a bonus.

Until that time, I am going to approach with the same skepticism as I would anyone else. Because stories like the Shawn Hornbeck scandal make my blood... ****ing... boil.

Jan 11, 2009
That sentence was a little hard to follow but... am I correct in guessing that you just compared not liking those who claim psychic powers with not liking magicians?

I can't speak for those who don't like magicians, but personally... I have my issues with psychic detectives and faith healers and psychic consultants, etc, etc, etc because I'm an empiricist and a skeptic... and the sheer number of horror stories I've heard only serve to reinforce my skepticism.

You say that your family have found missing persons (or bodies as the case may be) numbering in the hundreds. Documentation would be good. Sources that I can independently verify and corroborate would be a bonus.

Until that time, I am going to approach with the same skepticism as I would anyone else. Because stories like the Shawn Hornbeck scandal make my blood... ****ing... boil.

Well ok, I can do that but for what reason? Because your a skeptic? Skeptics are skeptics but you put some challenge to me then I will repsond to your challenge and ask you "Why didn't you follow the original link?" and then "Wny did't you go to the second link to my Youtube video"
Now the first link will send you to a article not written by me or my Aunt but by a reporter in new England about another Reporter in New England and A&E who we witnesses to my Aunt telling the Newspaper where to find this missing body. The story related about the Marines and many others involved with my Aunt to find the body and they found the body exactly where she said he would be and guess what my new friend, The Atlantic Ocean is a very very big ocean and for someone, my Aunt, to pick up a phone because she had a vision and call a reporter who wrote about the missing body not being found and to say "You will find the body right here" after everyone gave up a search cannot be just guesswork unless you can somehow logically explain it. The story is in the link I provided.
Now the Babe Ruth story which I provided a link to shows the Daily News Newspaper who wrote the story that my Aunt spoke to Babe Ruth and he said the curse was lifted and the red Sox won. The DAILY NEWS asked her to go to the grave and they printed the story before the Red Sox won and my Aunt and I are not people who forge Daily News Newpapers. My Aunt doesn't want to be a celebrity psychic and you even hear me say "I will not film you for the internet" because she doesn't want that but my friend start with the two links I already gave you and ask me anything you wish and I will answer as far or as much as I can without her standing here giving me her responses. Please don't just say "Prove it" without already following what I already put up cause I am not about to go through a bunch of work posting things for skeptics to glaze over....

Jan 11, 2009
can we all have the links?

um sure...check the first post on this thread. Enjoy. Also I think there is a blurb somewhere about me helping families identifing the bodies of loved ones during 911. I was at Chelsie Piers helping people by talking with them, mostly civil servants, about 911 and then putting the information about their loved ones into the computer and then by touching a article of clothing or holding a picture we walked around a ice rink until I felt we were near the body of their loved one which was in a bright orange body bag and the officals would take it from there and they told me I was around 86 percent correct in finding the missing bodies that laid in body bags on ice. Now remember there was no way to ID anyone until the DNA was checked and I was 86 percent correct...Not bad. i think that is somewhere on the internet two by a reporter but not sure. I know a blurb about it is but not the whole story

Sep 1, 2007
Your full of it...your aunt is full of it...anyone who beleives this desperatly needs a brain...stop kidding yourself, its not true. o, and do as all a favor and learn how to type on a forum its friggin impossible to read...use the space bar and enter key kiddo...

Sep 1, 2007
Well ok, I can do that but for what reason? Because your a skeptic? Skeptics are skeptics

Skeptics demand to be proven wrong.

but you put some challenge to me then I will repsond to your challenge and ask you "Why didn't you follow the original link?" and then "Wny did't you go to the second link to my Youtube video"

That's supposed to pacify me?

Now the first link will send you to a article not written by me or my Aunt but by a reporter in new England about another Reporter in New England and A&E who we witnesses to my Aunt telling the Newspaper where to find this missing body.

With that many degrees of separation it doesn't really meet my criteria.

The Atlantic Ocean is a very very big ocean

I never would have guessed.

Now the Babe Ruth story which I provided a link to shows the Daily News Newspaper who wrote the story that my Aunt spoke to Babe Ruth and he said the curse was lifted and the red Sox won.

I don't care about that particular story because I just plain don't believe in curses. They make for wonderful stories and movies, but I don't believe in them anymore than I believe in the ancient Egyptian creation story.

If you wish to talk about ghosts and communicating with them, then we have something to talk about.

The DAILY NEWS asked her to go to the grave and they printed the story before the Red Sox won and my Aunt and I are not people who forge Daily News Newpapers.

I didn't say you were.

ask me anything you wish and I will answer as far or as much as I can without her standing here giving me her responses. Please don't just say "Prove it" without already following what I already put up cause I am not about to go through a bunch of work posting things for skeptics to glaze over....

Then let's skip the rest of the wry banter and get to the meat of the issue.

I specifically want to see archived documentation from law enforcement of each and every missing person you and/or your relative(s) have located. If you are unable to secure this information for me, I request you then privately give me contact information for the precincts and any officers/detectives involved (with their consent, naturally) so that I may at the very least obtain a comment off the record. Failing that, provide me with a complete list of the counties and precincts described above so that I can secure this information on my own.

I hope you'll forgive my anal retentiveness, but I don't believe everything I read or see on TV.

Sep 2, 2007
regarding the curse:
I do not believe in curses, but those that do, are heavily influenced by them

So if someone is CONVINCING in 'getting rid of it' the players will play better (hooray for placebo!)

Regarding being a psychic; I PERSONALLY don;t believe in them. but go check out the JREF if you believe that you are real and prove us all wrong, or right, that you are a psychic.

http://www.randi.org/research/index.html

Yeah, and I can fortune tell, crystal ball gaze, tarot card read, palm read, perform seances, AND cold read too, but that doesn't mean that I'm psychic, or have any special powers.

I'm just an entertainer out to make a buck, and the marks true to the Barnum Effect will believe ANYTHING so long as it is presented with enough conviction.

As to your aunt's amazing ability to find a body: All I can say is lucky guess? Maybe she knows people that tipped her off, maybe she killed the guy, who knows? I don't believe in organized psychic power, and I'm fairly sure your aunt just got lucky.

As to curses: I believe they are complete and utter hogwash bull****. Someone would have a better chance of convencing me that Jesus Christ was the son of god who performed miracles, died for my sins, and was resurrected three days later than convincing me that someone is capable of placing or lifting black magic curses. Again, Barnum Effect for the people that buy that crap, and people back in Babe Ruth's day were JUST as gullible as they are now.

As to your credits: I don't know who you are, but if you are so published then first, well done. Secondly, I hope you are willing to cite credits and links. Other wise you don't have a leg to stand on.

Honestly, you come onto a magicians forum and post up this kind of BS opinion and you honestly expect that a bunch of people who make their living based off lies and deception to fall for this kind of story? What kind of mark do you honestly take us for anyways?

Props that your aunt is on TV, but dude the topic is complete bull****.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 16, 2008
Austin, TX
I would be very interested in the information that Steerpike has requested as well... very very interested, as my views are exactly his.
When I see real, solid proof, I will believe. Until then...

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
Has for finding the bodies. It's just good Detective work dressed up as a psychic. She's just able to spot things that most people don't pay attention to. IE: The guy from Psych.

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
Hey ya, if you all are very sure that you posses the abilities, try it under some test conditions with James Randi. Get yourself some spending money! Sweet.

Good luck tho. It would be a shame to end up like the last lady. But if you are that sure, might as well go for it! ;)

Someday Draven ;)

Jan 11, 2009
regarding the curse:
I do not believe in curses, but those that do, are heavily influenced by them

So if someone is CONVINCING in 'getting rid of it' the players will play better (hooray for placebo!)

Regarding being a psychic; I PERSONALLY don;t believe in them. but go check out the JREF if you believe that you are real and prove us all wrong, or right, that you are a psychic.

http://www.randi.org/research/index.html

I don't need to prove you wrong. I beleive in you

Jan 11, 2009
Hey ya, if you all are very sure that you posses the abilities, try it under some test conditions with James Randi. Get yourself some spending money! Sweet.

Good luck tho. It would be a shame to end up like the last lady. But if you are that sure, might as well go for it! ;)

Someday Draven ;)

The last time I saw Randy I think I was in Florida and he said some thing like "Hey Amazing Tarquin, show me something psychic" and I showed him a card trick with my "One Card Double lift" and he said "How did you do that? Could you teach me tonight in my bedroom while I repay you for the lesson." and I left there real quick
(ehem, this story is a parody of a actual event)

May 3, 2008
Just because your aunt's story is on tv doesn't mean it's true. There are lots of things on tv that are nowhere close to true. There are tv shows trying to say that time traveling aliens are among us as well. And please don't tell me you believe that

Jun 29, 2009
The last time I saw Randy I think I was in Florida and he said some thing like "Hey Amazing Tarquin, show me something psychic" and I showed him a card trick with my "One Card Double lift" and he said "How did you do that? Could you teach me tonight in my bedroom while I repay you for the lesson." and I left there real quick
(ehem, this story is a parody of a actual event)

I'm having trouble following your thought process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results