New World Record - 31 Decks of Cards in 1 hand

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
If we just think things like "I could have do it better" or "I could do that trick better" or "I could do it better than David Blaine"... how can we advance magic?

How is this advancing magic in the first place?
He stacked a bunch of decks on his hand,I guess thats great on some level.
But dont expect every single person in this world to be siked about something as much as others.

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
But dont expect every single person in this world to be siked about something as much as others.

I meant the thinking, not just the record...it is very easy to criticize...but to really stand up the others and do something different is hard...and sometimes when somebody actually do it, the other mediocre people want to take down the thriumph of the different one...he did this record, maybe it´s not so great for everybody...but it´s just the beggining....

Here's some statistics for you. An average deck of playing cards weights roughly 3.3 oz.

He held 31 decks of cards in his open hand, so if you do the math that's about 91 oz. Now if there's 16 oz to a lb if you do the conversion math that's about 5.8 almost 6 pounds he's holding with one hand.

Now, that may not sound like a lot to you, but try resting a five pound barbell in your open hand and leaving it there for a few minutes.

My point is, he did something cool, he video taped it, he put it up, and it's related (loosely) to magic. I give him props.

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Hey guys, after seeing what a great job Alfie did, I decided to try and break his record. Not for the sake of showing him up but just to see how hard it really was. And this video is in raw footage, no editing done, and it was my first attempt at such a feat. It was pretty tough I must say, and my wrist hurt like a mother f______ after doing that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8kQ9nJv-C4

Props to you Alfie, you stepped out on a limb and did something different for a change. I like seeing things that are different, so keep these different videos coming! And 38 decks was all I had, I had a bridge deck but didn't think that counted so I excluded it.

Cheers everyone,

Casey

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
i have 130
+ deck i can do about 60 if i tried

Dude, this will be an ongoing battle for the rest of our lives.....haha. I only have 39 decks. I did 38 because my other one was a bridge deck so I didn't think that counted. And I have small hands. I bet Yao Ming could do better.......hahahahaha. Good luck to all who try this, it is very fun!

Nov 7, 2009
lol if i were u i wouldnt challeng me

Look I hate calling people out but your a plain jerk. Almost everything you wright is a mean comment in caps... On your video your saying like 'this kids stupid 31 decks is easy what a retard!!!' Seriously whats hard for others may not be hard for you. Please just be respectfull to others in the future it will get you futher than being a 'douchebag'....

Dude I sooo see a video in this! A video montage trying to beat the 31 decks, ending in failure. Then going through work outs, the gym, and other rediculous things only to beat the record in the end, all the while set to the back ground of Eye of The Tiger.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results