Saturday Night Contest - {dg} We Need to Talk

Oct 3, 2007
germany
1) When you create an effect, and are content with the handling, do you start performing it stand alone from your other effects or do you incorporate it into an existing routine? Or do you create whole a new routine to accomodate it?

2) If you were to meet one of the great magicians of old, and could show him / her one effect that summarises your contribution to modern magic, what would it be? And why?

3) When coming up with a new trick, how often do you end up discarding the idea (at least for the moment) because you can't seem to make it work / practical?

(By the way, thanks for the palming tip you gave me at Blackpool, helps a lot :>)

Sep 7, 2008
1. What was your 'big break' in your magic career?
2. If you had to give up one, performing or creating, which would it be?
3. How 'deep' does your magic go? (psychologically)

fo serial
tips for showing little children card magic. OH NO I HAVE NOT MY SPONGE BALLS! WHAT TO DO
if you can put a deck of cards in the ballon, how about one card
since australia is the land down under, is it easier for one do do a card to ceiling?

Feb 1, 2009
Manchester, UK.
So my total three:

1. Do you do any daily rituals to help you stay in the game? Such as finger exercises...
2. When you're creating a trick, do you set out to create a trick or are you just "fiddling" about and manage to discover something?
3. What has been your inspiration in magic? Was it a somebody or a something? Also, Magic starts of as a hobby, what made you decide you wanted to do it as a profession?

Mar 14, 2009
1. Get high off any balloons lately?
2. What would you recomend doing to become noticed in the magic community?
3. Do you have a special place where you just sit and think of ideas for new tricks?

Jul 13, 2008
1. Have you been improving on your nun-chuck skills lately?
2. Are you planning on releasing a 1-on-1 in the future?
3. Is Pressure completely one-hundred percent impromptu?

Jan 19, 2009
my questions:

What did you think when you create the effect?(pressure)

I ike your magic performances but who are you in the real life-- what do you do when you have free time?

When you perform a trick or just practice tricks, do you belive it?

What was the funniest moment (Magic or Other) you've ever been apart of? (Like something you couldn't stop laughing about.)

Are you a fan of The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles?

How do you feel about the direction magic is currently going in? (There seems to be more variations on older effects than new creations all of their own.)

Sep 1, 2007
1. "Outside of the box" is a term that's overused these days. My question is, what's inside of the box? What do people need to think outside of?

2. What's your position on doing magic under the influence (of alcohol or Prince)? Any cool stories?

3. Would you rather:

-Only ever be allowed to use dimes for coin tricks OR have crayons for teeth?
-Do tricks the masked magician has revealed OR have newspaper for skin?
-Find a magic lamp containing Shaq from Kazaam or Robin Williams from Aladdin?

Dec 11, 2008
Longisland
1. how are you
2. what inspires you when u r in a slump
3. have u ever thought up a trick but couldn't make it work if so what was the idea

Mar 4, 2008
How did you come up with the name Pressure?

How was it working with Dan White?

Who came up with the idea, you or Dan?

Nov 3, 2007
1 who has been your greatest inspiration in magic?
2 how often do u actually get out and preform?
3 how practical is pressure?

jesse.ecm

Sep 4, 2007
Los Angeles
1.) How do you keep track of your current projects and ideas?

2.) Do you remember how it felt the first time you learned the secret to an effect?

3.) What are your thoughts on the Kennedy Assassination?

sorry for the last question and if the previous two were already asked. I didn't have time to read them all.

Jan 4, 2009
West Allis,WI
Thrive for the impossible

Hey danny, I have been a fan for awhile an love ur material, but i have 1 simple question,
" What motivates or pushes you to create, or mold something into an effect that seemingly defies explanation an seems impossible, such as PRESSURE."

Sure, I'll bite.
Hey Danny! Sup? (That's not a question, unless you actually want to answer it)
1. How's your foot doing big boy?
2. Why did it take so long to finally become a Theory11 Artist?
3. Do you have any upcoming projects that we don't know about?

Oct 22, 2008
Danny,

Now there are those certain tricks that usually would have gimmicks. Because of these gimmicks alot of people do not feel like carrying it around and using them as much in a routine. Also, without gimmicks maybe a very sensitive angle or etc. For instanse Panic. For me, in my opinion it is a great trick and very clever gimmick, it's just that I do not always feel comfortable carrying it around or using it. So with pressure I wanted to know the capabilities of this effect and, would most magicians beable to feel comfortable doing this? Now I know being a magician for more than 4 years that every trick takes pracitce, but even when perfected would it be just one of those effects I would feel comfortable using daily in my routines?

Thanks,
Jake

Sep 2, 2007
1. what is your faveorite deck of cards?

2. what is your faveorite effect that is not yours?

3. what is your faveorite released effect of yours

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results