t11.bulletin : THE SNAP CHANGE - Michael Hankins

jonraiker

vp of development
Team member
Aug 5, 2007
Florida
instagram.com
A brand new 1-on-1 training video featuring magician and creator Michael Hankins - THE SNAP CHANGE.

Michael Hankins presents his instruction on the classic Snap Change - along with two variations - in nearly 20 minutes of detailed teaching. For those of you that are not yet familiar with this move, this is a perfect tool to master it. In addition, you will learn Hankin's spin on a three card Snap Change.

For those interested in more Snap Change techniques, be sure to check out GLITCH by daniel+Madison, the Click Change by Dan and Dave, and Commercial by Dan and Dave - all of which are available in the 1-on-1 training section.

Shot on location at the theory11.hq in New York City.

: : THE SNAP CHANGE - Michael Hankins

Mike.Hankins

creator / <a href="http://www.theory11.com/tricks/
Nov 21, 2009
Sacramento, Cali
I've used the triple snap change in my personal routine for almost 2 years now...as an idea that "here is your card, oh maybe this one (change #1)...you mean it's NOT your card? Ohhhh it was YOUR card? (gesture to other spectator who signed that card, as all attention goes towards that spectator, I immediately on the offbeat snap it a third time and when I ask spec to double confirm their card, it has changed again into the OTHER spectator's signed card.

The change happens without the hands ever coming back to the deck a second time, whereas doing a shapeshifter twice, you would have to come back to the deck for the second change :).

I understand what you are saying but in reality, the spectator can say "I saw something" with any move not properly executed. Properly executed meaning proper audience managent. Dan Hauss likes to tell the spectator while executing the pass "I am doing a pass right now". It flies right by them because he has great audience management, and won't execute the pass with a spectator burning his hands. The triple snap can be done without distraction if you time the changes just right. But in reality it is all in what you like. I am sorry you didn't like this 1on1. My next one will not be a color change. I swear to Osama!!!!

Nah, it's cool man. I mean it's good for some people just not really something I see myself using. I'm talking about the entire snap change as a whole, because the way it's used I can't make it into any performance. However I saw a ton of potential for the harbor change and I love it more than any change currently.

I'm not saying the triple couldn't be done, but I wouldn't have a reason to do it. However, I don't do to much card magic as much so if this was a few years ago I'm sure I could come up with something.

There's a TON of 1 on 1's I don't like, mainly talking of the backpalms because I would never have any use. It's a great thing I'm sure to have but I have no use to show off my technical skills for a group of people, and yes I'm aware it's not just for show, as it would hamper my ability to "sell my product."

Anyway, went off onto a rant, but your a cool dude Michael and I'm sure many will get some use out of this. However I'm not many this time around.

Best of Luck

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it is great, I have been fooling around with a triple snap for a couple of months and it's good to see it published. Liked the harbour change and use it as well. (Little thought, wouldn't it be a double snap/triple revelation, or is it just me?) Great stuff!

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 20, 2009
Earth
So the click change, Commercial, Glitch, and snap change are all the same??? Which one is the best and which one will i learn the most from???

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
So the click change, Commercial, Glitch, and snap change are all the same??? Which one is the best and which one will i learn the most from???

These are all variations of the same core concept. Just like there are different flavors of ice cream, there are many variations of this. Which works best for you depends on your own style and preferences. If you like something more on the flourishy side, GLITCH may be the best fit for you. If clean-up is clutch for you, then the Click Change is hard to beat. And of course, it's good to know the original handling on which all of these are based - the standard - the Snap Change.

What is right for one performance may not be right for another performance. That's when knowing multiple variations and multiple moves comes in handy. The more techniques you are adept in, the better prepared you may be for the situations you may face when you perform.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results