T11 Deck Factsheets. What Do You Want to See?

Discussion in 'Product Questions and Reviews' started by Lyle Borders, Apr 25, 2018.

1. does the high victorians deck have some easter egg hidden in it? cuz I recently found something written on it which could only be read by a magnifying glass

2. If it did, would we tell you? ;-)

// L

3. Of course you would tell us something to keep us motivated something like "your on a right track" in a pm. Not over here are you silly :p

4. I second the motion for the stingers! My favorite for 'Game Night' Any chance for another release, V2 or something?

5. Hi folks...I am trying so hard to figure out my monarchs deck versions and this is what I split them into. Please know I designated the version 1.1 and 1.2 for my own clarity. I am reaching out for help from the community...

Version 1.1-High relief on embossing, clear wrapper thread seal, rounded tuck seal, Theory11 logo printed upside-down on bottom of tuck, inconsistent foiling on bottom inch of tuck case, "U.S. Playing Card Company" on facing right side of tuck.

Version 1.2- Low relief on embossing, clear wrapper thread seal, scalloped tax-stamp seal on tuck case, "High Quality Playing Cards" on facing right side of tuck.

Version 2-High relief on embossing, gold wrapper thread seal, scalloped tax-stamp seal on tuck case, "High Quality Playing Cards" on facing right side of tuck, tuck is vertically sealed on reverse.

I am most interested in the (my) version 1.1 - Is this the first version as I named it, or is it one of those original Gold Monarchs that were of very limited nature. I keep my decks sealed, so must it be opened to know such a thing?

Thanks in advance for any help with this. Lyle, I have read your previous information about this over the past few years, but I would feel better with some confirmation on what I have. It is driving my OCD up the wall!

6. This would indicate one of the first 2-3 printings. This does not mean FIRST Printing. This was flipped pretty early on in the lifecycle of the Monarchs.

This changes ALL THE TIME, and indicates nothing. We have swapped back and forth on this multiple times based on availability.

This has not changed.

This is a relatively recent change. This means your "1.2" deck is much newer than your "1.1" deck.

What do you mean here? Are you talking about the cellophane? If so, it means nothing. Changes depending on how the machine was set up during packaging, can vary inside of the same printing.

So.... your info tells me that this is PROBABLY what I would call a 1.0. Your deck was printed before we made any major changes. Doesn't mean it was a first printing, it means it was a very early printing.

I'll repeat it here as I do everywhere else. There is ABSOLUTELY NO DIFFERENCE on the outside of a Pre-release Monarch deck and a 1.0 First Edition Monarch deck. None. Period. Anyone who says there is a difference is lying or ignorant, and I can say this with absolute surety. These two decks share the same tuck cases (from the same printing), the same seals (from the same printing) and were wrapped with the same cellophane in the same manner. There never were intended to be two different decks - we printed everything, realized the cards weren't what we wanted, and then reprinted the cards. The only difference is the cards, sealed away inside the box.

I will say this - the chances of you having the Pre-Release deck are nearly zero. Everyone who purchased a deck knew that they had a super rare deck. If they got rid of it, they sold it for $$$. If someone else bought a deck, they bought it for $$$. These aren't mixed up int stashes of normal Monarchs - these are locked away in hard sided protectors.

I'll do a regular Monarch fact sheet soon.

// L

Brett Hurley likes this.
  8. Lyle, thank you so much for sharing your vast knowledge. I still observe wide differences in the embossing depths of the decks, but could that just be differences in the pressure the operator set the press for? Either way I treasure these decks. I still cannot believe how you guys put together such high quality decks at such a competitive price point. Also, you have helped me with other issues without hesitation always to a satisfactory conclusion. I look forward to the Monarchs fact sheet.

One more question: could you do a fact sheet on which stock is used for which deck. As an active participator in the card collecting community, I often enter your decks into sites like Portfolio52 and I want the info to be accurate.

Thanks, and happy holidays,

James